Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisiblemr crisper

Re: The anti-Yanks are all talk, no action [Re: Phred]
    #979167 - 10/21/02 06:27 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

In reply to:

By what specific methods is the US government imposing American values on the rest of the world?

hollywood, tv, cnn............isn't it obvious?

Edited by mr crisper (10/21/02 06:28 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Loc: Crackerville, Michigan U...
Re: The anti-Yanks are all talk, no action [Re: mr crisper]
    #979568 - 10/21/02 10:31 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

****hollywood, tv, cnn***

imposing?...can't you change the channel?

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Words of Wisdom: Individual Rights BEFORE Collective Rights

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

Offlinefrogsheath
Stranger
Loc: Chicago, Illinois U.S.A.
    #980021 - 10/21/02 02:11 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Thanks for that link.  I hope  this is (at least) biased.  I'm gonna ask someone I know who works there. 
Quote:

imposing?...can't you change the channel? 

True but most of the channels are probably under Hollywood's control in some way  :grin:  U.S. companies do have a lot of influence in the world because of Hollywood.  Hollywood imports American values to other countries --in t.v. show like "Baywatch" --  American corporations capitalize on it.     

Edited by frogsheath (10/21/02 02:59 PM)

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Re: The anti-Yanks are all talk, no action [Re: frogsheath]
    #980114 - 10/21/02 02:48 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

***True but most of the channels are probably under Hollywood's control in some way ***

i almost thought you were serious....

****U.S. companies do have a lot of influence in the world because of Hollywood. *****

those that are envious (meaning they want what we have...not bad envy if you can picture that) are those that can be easily influenced...europe and other countries seem to be easily influenced...just as the US is ie: coffee shops, gormet food and those useless french resturants.

****Hollywood imports American values to other countries. ****

Europe trys this but noone's interested in it (at least not here) It can only be imported if you are willing to accept it...noones forcing these countries to be like us....but when you have a good thing then...well....people follow.

****American corporations capitalize on it. ****

they can't profit unless there's someone to buy

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

Offlinefrogsheath
Stranger
Re: The anti-Yanks are all talk, no action [Re: Innvertigo]
    #980194 - 10/21/02 03:23 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Good point. It's disturbing what qualities are passed on though. The thought of the rest of the world making the same mistakes we did --pollution, exploitation of resources and people, etc. --is imponderable. What it would take if everyone on the planet had an SUV.....

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

#980222 - 10/21/02 03:34 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

****What it would take if everyone on the planet had an SUV****

I'll keep my SUV thank you very much...but you missed the point.

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Offlinefrogsheath
Stranger
    #980270 - 10/21/02 03:55 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

The point that the media isn't culpable for imposing an American way of life on other countries?  I got that.  There is obviously more to the fact people follow something "good".  It's a complex relationship.  You didn't elaborate much beyond the fact America sells.
I was using the SUV to illustrate (again) a complex relationship --in this case Americans and their cars-- which you helped by example.  :smile:  And I was suggesting SUVs are one problem related to the environment, which, if we extrapolated to the entire population, would make the world uninhabitable most likely.   

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

#980401 - 10/21/02 05:07 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

***The point that the media isn't culpable for imposing an American way of life on other countries?****

good...

****And I was suggesting SUVs are one problem related to the environment*****

not even close to the main problem but i see your point.

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Invisiblemr crisper

#980805 - 10/21/02 07:48 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

hey innvertigo
have you ever been to other countries?
have you ever studied things like mass-media and propaganda?
'just change the channel' is more indicative of your youth than your knowledge.

Anonymous

#980814 - 10/21/02 07:50 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Dude, in Germany they had all kinds of anti-American news channels. And CNN, which is anti-American in its own right.

Invisiblemr crisper

Re: The anti-Yanks are all talk, no action [Re: Anonymous]
    #981003 - 10/21/02 08:51 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

In reply to:

And CNN, which is anti-American in its own right.

really? its the first time ive heard this view, would you be so kind as to elaborate.

OfflineViveka
refutation bias
 User Gallery

SUV's... [Re: frogsheath]
    #981201 - 10/21/02 09:50 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Actually, SUV's have far better emmision standards than the old beaters the hippies drive around.
The logical arguments against SUV's have more to do with economy:
- They wear and tear the roads more so more tax dollars may eventually be
needed to repair them.
- They use more gasoline.........i assert, for the sake of argument, that this is a
good thing. Let us use up all fossil fuels so that there will be no more money to
be made in them and the big energy companies will finally invest their dollars in
R&D for alternative energy sources.

Offlinefrogsheath
Stranger
Re: SUV's... [Re: Viveka]
    #981443 - 10/21/02 10:58 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

In reply to:

- They use more gasoline.........i assert, for the sake of argument, that this is a
good thing. Let us use up all fossil fuels so that there will be no more money to
be made in them and the big energy companies will finally invest their dollars in
R&D for alternative energy sources.

From what I understand, that's gonna happen soon enough-- depletion of fossil fuels. I prefer a pro-active solution. That's what America is supposed to be about --change for the better initiated by the people, not by the big energy companies. I'm not saying no one should have SUVs --though where I live it is excessive. SUVs are not the issue, they're just part of it.

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
Re: SUV's... [Re: frogsheath]
    #981502 - 10/21/02 11:23 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

From what I understand, that's gonna happen soon enough-- depletion of fossil fuels.

Could take another 100-200 years. There won't be a world left worth saving by then. Don't put your faith in oil companies saving us all.

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

Offlinefoghorn
enthusiast
Re: SUV's... [Re: Xlea321]
    #981635 - 10/22/02 12:23 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

And CNN, which is anti-American in its own right.

really? its the first time ive heard this view, would you be so kind as to elaborate.

---

I think people watching CNN from other countries fuel anti-american feelings through the obvious & biased way the station presents the news... I live in Canada and it makes me sick, cnn is like afternoon soap-opera news...

Invisiblemr crisper

Re: cnn.. [Re: foghorn]
    #981652 - 10/22/02 12:30 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

yep it worked for me!
but it probably wasn't their intention

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

#982027 - 10/22/02 05:24 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

****have you ever been to other countries?****

i've probably been to more countries than most on this site (been to Europe, Asia, middle East, S. America, virgin Islands...etc.)...but that doesn't mean anything

****have you ever studied things like mass-media and propaganda?****

ah no.....i don't remember that being offered in college. I didn't study cars neither but i know a lot about them.

****'just change the channel' is more indicative of your youth than your knowledge.*****

No, that's my common sense kicking in, in a world full of whiners and complainers. We live in a generation that refuses to think for themselves and needs something to blame because they either choose to be too weak to make their own decisions no matter how easy it may be. I can watch TV and not be sucked into some BS that is presented to me.

As for my youth you may want to know a little about those you claim to be naive and examine yourself...just a thought

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Edited by Innvertigo (10/22/02 05:27 AM)

Anonymous

Re: The anti-Yanks are all talk, no action [Re: Ellis Dee]
    #982177 - 10/22/02 07:17 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

this is all a game .... this is all socially engineered posturing with action thrown in to persuade those that don't get with the program.... america is a tool for big business and extreme wealth...

our grandfathers will one day be rolling over in their graves because the america thet died for died along with them on the battlefields.... my prediction is after the groundwork has been laid for stable energy in asia.... america will not be needed by capital to "keep the peace" in any significant way, because all of the world, including china are evolving into capital based market economies.... it will be at that point in time money flowing through the US econmoy will tightened and a new world paradigm put into action...

the bad part of all of this, assuming it happens, americans can be made an example of... wasteful use of energy, pollution.... ignoring global warming, production of gmo and forcing the world to buy it... we allow our leaders to implement policies that one day may come home to roost... i love my country for what it was ... not what it is evolving into... the scumbags in this administration that are manuevering for control of mid east oil are controlled by the same group responsible for not changing energy policy back in the 70's when america was inline for gas on odd / even days....

fuel cells, solar, wind and geothermal are part of the solution .... oil should be used to produce recyclable products, not push our cars down the highway... greedy policy makers have brought us to where we now stand... by supporting this blindly u are laying the groundwork for a new america u may not recognize years from now...

once the fighting starts, we will be faced with weakminds walking onto our buses with bombs strapped to their bodies... we will be attacked in the malls while we shop to fullfill our immediate needs... u'll go to a concert to enjoy listening to ur favorite band only to be poisoned by some dipshit who placed biologic agents into air handling systems effectively infecting everyone present within a matter of minutes... and u'll bring it home to ur family and friends... beautiful world we now find ourselves living in....

keep in mind, we accept policy decisions from the same people that are friends with men and i'm sure some women, who masterminded the savings and loan scandal we faced years ago... americans accepted the red hot poker shoved up our asses because they massage ur mind with fluff... these same people devised a pyramid scheme in our stock market recently that allowed for the complete ravaging of our pension funds to the tune of just over 7 trillion dollars.... thats alot of zero's bro.... imagine, for one minute if they were allowed to have invested social security????i'm surviving in life... but 10's of millions of americans are without too many things.... the "as long as i have my channel changer and a cold beer i'm good!" attitude is what they depend on and desperately need in order to continue pulling this shit over on the rest of the world.... think on this .... the same corporations that operate here operate in many other area's of the world... it will be very easy for them to dump america in the end.... high labor and benefit costs... on top of the fact that they will then have new consumers in what are now considered developing area's of our world... talk about things that make u go hmmmmm....

by the way... where the fuck do u thing saddam got all this shit we're worried he will use on us? jesus people... u are fucking clueless...

by the way:
this administration lied about the enviormental conditions that existed at ground zero in order to speed up the clean up process.... the economic impact would have been too much for an already butt fucked economy to handle.... the real hero's of all of this are the men and women who died during the attack and those that cleaned up the mess afterwards... i know because i know people who worked them dare fields....

y not just have someone duct tape ur wrists to ur ankles now... u seem to enjoy the screwing... make it easier for them

u like apples? how do u like them apples...

Anonymous

Re: The anti-Yanks are all talk, no action [Re: Ellis Dee]
    #982227 - 10/22/02 07:50 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

back on september 20th of this year you posted crap regarding police states, ruby ridge and waco.

make up ur mind what side of the bed u intend to roll out of... this is just one example of ur diatribe... there are many others i've read...

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=Forum14&Number=876672&page=&view=&sb=&o=&fpart=all&vc=1

ur a poser who wants desperately for things to go back to the way they used to be.... get with the program skippy... (for the time being) the world is a ghetto

i love my country and want it restored to the condition it was in before these scumbags devised ways to rape it ...

please check out the behavior / relationship of grand daddy bush with the nazi's

http://www.bartcop.com/421102.htm

Edited by mycotao (10/22/02 07:56 AM)

Invisiblemr crisper

#982292 - 10/22/02 08:40 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

In reply to:

As for my youth you may want to know a little about those you claim to be naive and examine yourself...just a thought

thanks, i guess you're right. hope your mindset and codes weren't dented by my ignorance.

In reply to:

I can watch TV and not be sucked into some BS that is presented to me

do children have the same ability? i'd say they'd be a bit more impressionable.
as the implied meaning of your original reply was too obscure for me,
how about -
do you think that the media is used as a tool for
infecting the globe with/spreading the joy of
american social, economic and political values?
or perhaps more accurately a tool to serve the aims of certain corporations?

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom