Home | Community | Message Board

Mushrooms.com
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

PhytoExtractum Shop: Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinefrogsheath
Stranger
Loc: Chicago, Illinois U.S.A.
Re: Why would anyone NOT vote 3rd party?? [Re: angryshroom]
    #983010 - 10/22/02 03:28 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I voted for Ralph. BTW I heard Winona LaDuke talk on the radio the other day. I had no idea what a cool woman she was. No idea. It made me proud that I pulled the Green Party lever in 2000 --despite all the flack I had to take for it later. Anybody that doesn't know who Winona LaDuke is here issomething I dug up quickly on the web.

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Loc: Crackerville, Michigan U...
Re: Why would anyone NOT vote 3rd party?? [Re: bluesky]
    #983373 - 10/22/02 04:46 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

i can't stand Nadar and his tin foil hat brigade

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Words of Wisdom: Individual Rights BEFORE Collective Rights

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

OfflineViveka
refutation bias
 User Gallery

Re: Why would anyone NOT vote 3rd party?? [Re: Phluck]
    #983392 - 10/22/02 04:52 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

"If you don't vote, you have absolutely no right to complain about who's in office. "

You're absolutly right about that..........
However, if you are uninformed about the issues/candidates, or are just ignorant in general, you should abstain from voting. 

If you are going to the booth every chance you get but are still unsure are about which party line typically supports the Roe V. Wade decision, I think you should re-evaluate your competency to vote.
Wouldn't want you having a "brain fart" when you went to cast your decsion.  :smirk:

OfflineViveka
refutation bias
 User Gallery

#983411 - 10/22/02 04:56 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Nader and the Green Party have high and worthy ideals...................

However, the Nader agenda would mean more government intrusion into people's lives and commerce than ever before in Amerikan history.

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Re: Why would anyone NOT vote 3rd party?? [Re: Viveka]
    #983420 - 10/22/02 04:58 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

****However, the Nader agenda would mean more government intrusion into people's lives and commerce than ever before in Amerikan history. ****

that was my point.

i'm pro-individualism

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
    #983601 - 10/22/02 05:40 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Actually, yes, if everyone in the country did vote for the green party, they would get elected.

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

Offlinefrogsheath
Stranger
Loc: Chicago, Illinois U.S.A.
    #983694 - 10/22/02 05:57 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

And the world is changing fast... Change will come soon whether we like it or not. I think we're seeing that now since the war on terrorism began -at least a facet of that change. I think the Green Party's ideals are more realistic than the current partys'.

Anonymous

Re: Why would anyone NOT vote 3rd party?? [Re: frogsheath]
    #983697 - 10/22/02 05:59 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Yes, I was wrong way way up above. I agree with the Democtrats' pro-choice view, I just worded it wrong.

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Re: Why would anyone NOT vote 3rd party?? [Re: Anonymous]
    #983871 - 10/22/02 06:38 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

****I was wrong way way up above***

tooo late....your first opinion still stands.......

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
Re: Why would anyone NOT vote 3rd party?? [Re: Learyfan]
    #983884 - 10/22/02 06:42 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

In reply to:

Why would you vote for career politicians who would love to lock you up for your drug use?

Because I'm not a single issue voter.

Here's the way I see it.
Candidate 1 = Evil
Candidate 2 = Not as evil
Candidate 3 = Good Guy

Let's say it's a close race between 1 & 2. You like 3 but he has no chance of winning. You vote for 3 because he's "your guy". 3 gets 10 %, 2 gets 43%, 1 gets 47%. Now I realize we have no way of being sure that those who voted for 3 would have voted for 2, but your vote for 3 helped ensure that we are stuck with an evil asshole for 4 years.

Another analogy..... you have a choice betweeh someone who kicks you in the ass, or someone who kicks you in the balls. You can't stop either from kicking you. Who would you choose?

Now.... I truly wish an actual Libertarian stood a chance of getting elected. Face it though, with our current system they don't. (now anyway) That leaves me with two imperfect choices. I'm going to vote for the lesser of two evils.

I find liberal politicians by far the more evil of the two.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Invisibleangryshroom
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Why would anyone NOT vote 3rd party?? [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #984097 - 10/22/02 07:50 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

In reply to:

I find liberal politicians by far the more evil of the two.

I know your republican or Libertarian, and agree with more of their veiws than the liberals, however, you really think they are more evil?

George W, and Slick Willy are both not good examples of party leaders however, do you really think Bill was more evil than GW? It seems like GW is willing to kill anyone for his oil, and wrap up anything that happend in the middle East with his father.

I mean, there aren't many foriegn country leaders who really appreciate his views either. Seems at least Clinton was more for peace, and less killing. (Or you could say he was just trying to ignore it?)

Maybe its just me, but there seems to be a lot more violence since the election of GW. Seems like we are always "going to war".

Another thing about GW...and yes, most democrats...they dont give a fuck about the envoirnment. Tell me how are we going to live w/o clean water and oxygen? And my most important question...whats going to happen with all the cars, boats, planes, trains and motorcycles when we run out of oil, or have to pay $10/gal ?

His more well known anti-envoirnmental action was backing out of the global-warming treaty. He didn't want to cost his soft money providers any expenses into cleaner technology... or at least what I think.

Like to hear a response from you, luvdemshrooms,(if your not too sick from replying to the same questions everyday...hah) I like reading your posts, I can tell you are an educated individual... I enjoy opening my mind to other opinions.

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
    #984173 - 10/22/02 08:15 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

In reply to:

you really think they are more evil?

Yes I do. However if the word evil isn't to your liking, how about misguided? Basically though, I don't care for most politicians and generally vote (since the choices are so poor) for the lesser of two evils.

In reply to:

do you really think Bill was more evil than GW?

Hell yes. By far. If oil is a factor in Bush's actions, and I don't believe it is, then it at least isn't the major factor. I believe he's a far better man (and president) than Clinton. I would have rather seen a better choice from the Republicans though.

In reply to:

Seems at least Clinton was more for peace

I think the only thing Clinton was for was for Clinton and his personal gain.

In reply to:

whats going to happen with all the cars, boats, planes, trains and motorcycles when we run out of oil, or have to pay $10/gal ?

I think we'll be using hydrogen or some other source for our power long before we run out of oil.

In reply to:

His more well known anti-envoirnmental action was backing out of the global-warming treaty.

That treaty was flawed. If Bush had signed it I would have been very disappointed in him. It was biased against the US. Clinton was unable to get the Senate to ratify it even with a Democratic majority. Should we do something to help protect the enviroment? Yes, but the Kyoto treaty wasn't it.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

OfflineViveka
refutation bias
 User Gallery

#984183 - 10/22/02 08:21 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

"I mean, there aren't many foriegn country leaders who really appreciate his (GW's) views either. "

So what, man. I used to care about this, but now i just think so fucking what. Our "allies" are never gonna support the "American Way" but America is going to do what its going to do anyway, basically regardless or wether a repub. or demo. is in office..................also, FUCK FRANCE! And Germany too, those bastards. We bailed them all out big time on more than one occasion.

"Maybe its just me, but there seems to be a lot more violence since the election of GW. Seems like we are always "going to war"."

You may have forgotten, but about a year ago two planes were flown into the world trade center........this MIGHT have something to do with it. Do you think if Gore was elected there would have been no retaliation from the US?

"And my most important question...whats going to happen with all the cars, boats, planes, trains and motorcycles when we run out of oil, or have to pay $10/gal ?"

Sad as it is, I think our only hope for ever embracing alternative energy is when all the oil does run out. Then, there will be no more money to be made in it. Right now, there are too many giant companies with too much money to be made in it (which really has nothing to do with who is president right now, which you seem to realize.)

OfflineViveka
refutation bias
 User Gallery

#984369 - 10/22/02 09:14 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

"Actually, yes, if everyone in the country did vote for the green party, they would get elected."

Not necesarilly. The electoral college does not have to vote the same way the populous does. Yes, I know it sounds discouraging but it is an essential balance in the system. The executive branch needs to be checked, the legislative branch needs to be checked, the Judicial branch needs to be checked, and so do the people.

OfflineLarrythescaryrex
teardrop on the fire
Male User Gallery

Loc: further down the spiral
Re: Why would anyone NOT vote 3rd party?? [Re: Viveka]
    #984483 - 10/22/02 09:40 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

If one hundred percent of the popular vote went to the greens, and another party was placed in office, I think I might just have to flee the country.

--------------------
RIP Acidic_Sloth

Sunset_Mission said:
"larry the scary rex
verily scary when thoroughly vexed
invoke the shadows and dust, cast a hex
mercifully massacring memories masterfully
relocate from Ur to 8th density and become a cosmic bully
mulder and scully couldn't decipher his glyphs
invoke the shadows and dust, smoke infernal spliffs"
April 24th 2011

OfflineLearyfanS
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
Re: Why would anyone NOT vote 3rd party?? [Re: Larrythescaryrex]
    #984513 - 10/22/02 09:46 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

No shit!

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month:  Wendell Austin and The Country Swings- LSD

InvisibleEvolving
Resident Cynic

Loc: Apt #6, The Village
Re: Why would anyone NOT vote 3rd party?? [Re: Larrythescaryrex]
    #984636 - 10/22/02 10:12 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

If one hundred percent of the popular vote went to the greens, I think I might just have to flee the country.

--------------------
To call humans 'rational beings' does injustice to the term, 'rational.'  Humans are capable of rational thought, but it is not their essence.  Humans are animals, beasts with complex brains.  Humans, more often than not, utilize their cerebrum to rationalize what their primal instincts, their preconceived notions, and their emotional desires have presented as goals - humans are rationalizing beings.

Invisibleangryshroom
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Why would anyone NOT vote 3rd party?? [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #984922 - 10/22/02 11:33 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Still, think about it... Ford, GMC, Chevy are still mainly advertising large SUV's and larger trucks. I mean, I have never seen so many deisel trucks (that aren't used for commercial usage).

Seems like we will just repeat history, as Japan created lighter, more durable metals back in the 70's to make cars more efficent (among other engine changes), we created heavier gas-guzlers...

Same things happening now. We are creating larger cars when the fact that oil could run out within 15 years.

The heavier cars, the less pollution standards for the car. If you have a large car that has to use a high-output engine, the smog standards are higher.

Whats going to happen to all the internal combustion engines? (===> Ocean?) :smile: doh!

Im glad you do care about the envoirnment in some sense. I do understand that we can not change to a Naturalist economy to solve everything, however I think its something that everyone should start to realize...the envoirnment is something not to toy with. Our destruction will kill us soon enough! :frown: I have read a book in my resource and economics class called the Naturalist revolution which I think is extremely optimistic, but, boy it would be a eutopia if only half of the changes took place...(and well helped our economy like the author hoped for!)

Quote:

You may have forgotten, but about a year ago two planes were flown into the world trade center........this MIGHT have something to do with it. Do you think if Gore was elected there would have been no retaliation from the US?

To be honest with you, (may call me crazy heh) but, I dont think it would have happend if anyone else was elected. I feel that it was a threat against the Bush regime in America. **I have heard*** his foriegn policies aren't very favorable...and whoever did it (supposidly the middle eastern region of the world) did not like him in office .

You call that crazy, but think what we are doing to Afganistan, we are killing inocent civilians because we are against their government. Same with Iraq, of course we have not begun to bomb them just yet.

Quote:

FUCK FRANCE! And Germany too, those bastards. We bailed them all out big time on more than one occasion

and

Quote:

You may have forgotten, but about a year ago two planes were flown into the world trade center

Dont seem to mix that well :frown:

Anonymous

Re: Why would anyone NOT vote 3rd party?? [Re: Learyfan]
    #996105 - 10/27/02 02:39 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Because the third party never wins so you pick the lesser of two evils since you know it's going to come down to one of them regardless.

I'm 21 and haven't ever voted before. 99% of politicians are bullshitters. If I notice one who is decidedly independant and not for keeping the status quo, and not running on some platform of issues that really aren't the real issues, by all means I'll vote for them. I couldn't even name one right now.

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Re: Why would anyone NOT vote 3rd party?? [Re: ]
    #996375 - 10/27/02 09:53 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

****99% of politicians are bullshitters****

99%? that's a pretty conservative guess isn't it...i say 99.999999%..if not 100%

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

PhytoExtractum Shop: Buy Bali Kratom Powder