Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisibleveggie

Loc: Flag
Man jailed for flushing drug dealer's heroin [UK]
    #9807177 - 02/16/09 12:18 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Jail for man who flushed heroin
February 16, 2009 - BBC

A man who said he stormed into a drug dealer's home and flushed heroin down a toilet has been jailed for two months.

Peter Drummond claimed he took the law into his own hands after hearing that his brother-in-law had been to John Nellies' flat to buy drugs.

He threatened to kill Nellies at the home in Blairgowrie before flushing away five bags of heroin on Sunday.

He later admitted to police that he should not have done it, but said that heroin dealers were ruining his family.

Drummond was reported to police by another addict who it was said turned up at the flat looking to buy heroin but was told to get out and sworn at by Drummond.

He immediately confessed to officers.

He told them: "Over the last six or seven months my whole family has been in hell. My brother-in-law is on smack and he is getting it from the people there.

"It was a spur-of-the-moment thing. I shouldn't have done it but these people are ruining my family by supplying heroin.

"It is causing a family crisis and everyone is going through hell. Things have been so bad that I lost it and decided to try and stop the drug dealing going on.

"I know I have done wrong. I'm sorry. I know I went about things the wrong way, but things just got on top of me."

Solicitor Steve Lafferty, defending, asked for his client to have his punishment limited to a fine due to the "quite unusual" circumstances of the case.

However, Sheriff Robert McCreadie ignored the plea for mercy and said: "If you were concerned about matters you should contact the police, not enter a house and threaten to kill someone. You can't take matters into your own hands the way you did."

Drummond shook his head in disbelief as he was jailed for two months for breach of the peace.

Outside court, family friend Thomas Brown said: "Jailing him for what he did is ridiculous. It is a ludicrous decision.

"Heroin is killing the community and I know for a fact that it has been tearing Peter's family apart. He shouldn't have done what he did, but at the same time he was only trying to help his sister.

"I think what happened today is outrageous."

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineCascadian
Feel like a Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Cascadia
Re: Man jailed for flushing drug dealer's heroin [UK] [Re: veggie]
    #9807499 - 02/16/09 01:24 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

:congrats:

Invisiblejohnm214
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Americas
Re: Man jailed for flushing drug dealer's heroin [UK] [Re: Cascadian]
    #9807544 - 02/16/09 01:33 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

And there you have it folks.  This is why you don't talk to the police.  Now he's doig two months in jail and will have a criinal record- all because he was an idiot and thought talking to the police would do anything but fuck him.

By the way, I think its just great that this guy burglarized someone and is getting less time than a guy who possesed the drug would have gotten.  And they called this ignoring mercy?  Bullshit, if he would have peacefully possesed that heroin he would have gotten more time.  Such is our fucked system.

I also like how this idiot blames the drug dealer for his family's actions.  He doesn't like the family doing drugs so he blames teh drug dealer?  WTF?  How about personal responsiblity you idiot.  Is he raiding mcdonalds cuz someone got fat?

Offlinebbl337
genetic material is Ar based
 User Gallery

Re: Man jailed for flushing drug dealer's heroin [UK] [Re: johnm214]
    #9807903 - 02/16/09 02:57 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Johnm214 beat me to it, blaming the heroin is just plain rediculous.  I wish the guy got more than two months.  You can't do this kind of thing, when someone is willfully purchasing a good, you can't run around telling people you'll kill them and then rob them after breaking into their home.

--------------------

OfflineHybridprX
Biodegrader of coir
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
    #9807908 - 02/16/09 02:58 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

If I found out some dude was selling junk to my neeces or loved ones I'd do alot more then flush the dealers shit down the drain.

The judge is a fucking idiot.

--------------------

Offlinesensoryoverload
Stranger
Male

Loc: Canada
Re: Man jailed for flushing drug dealer's heroin [UK] [Re: HybridprX]
    #9807963 - 02/16/09 03:13 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

I hate when people have the attitude that a loved ones or a friends drug addiction is the drug dealers fault.  Drug dealers just sell the goods, it is a persons decision to use the drugs.

--------------------
Well then...that went well

If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there,

Invisiblei hate liz
aHhahhHA
 User Gallery

Loc: winchestertonfieldville i...
Re: Man jailed for flushing drug dealer's heroin [UK] [Re: sensoryoverload]
    #9807999 - 02/16/09 03:22 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

people rather blame it on the drug dealer than the person they love. they don't think about it being a personal decision to use the drugs because they don't want to.

--------------------
-You're making me a little uncomfortable.

-I've been told my quiet intensity has that effect on people.
-But sometimes...being uncomfortable can be a good thing.

Offlinesensoryoverload
Stranger
Male

Loc: Canada
Re: Man jailed for flushing drug dealer's heroin [UK] [Re: i hate liz]
    #9808057 - 02/16/09 03:32 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

The way I look at it is drug use is a personal decision, so is how you use them. If someone chooses to abuse a substance and they get addicted...its reality, its a harsh reality but you cant blame the person who sells the drugs.

--------------------
Well then...that went well

If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there,

OfflineHybridprX
Biodegrader of coir
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
Re: Man jailed for flushing drug dealer's heroin [UK] [Re: i hate liz]
    #9808128 - 02/16/09 03:42 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Heroine is one thing that I will never, ever agree with just for the sole reason that 95% of the world's opium supply comes from Afghanistan, and more then 80% of revenue goes towards funding militia's in Afghanistan where they use money to buy weapons and explosives to terrorize their country's citizens into abiding by their laws.

This dealer is just a shit stain left from a giant pile but even shit stains look gross.

I wish it were different, where non-violent vendors offered their drugs for the junkie wastes of life (Their are programs in effect) but for the most part the heroine trade is run by terrorist supporting rejects who have no brain power to understand the mechanics behind heroine and war.

Just like how cocaine junkies support Mexicans/Columbian and other civilian massacres by funding the violent groups with money to buy more weapons. The U.S needs to end its war on drugs and find a non-violent distributor.

--------------------

InvisibleKnifey Mcstab
Sir Prancelot Brainfire
Male

Loc: PNW
    #9808500 - 02/16/09 04:34 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

I have to agree, heroin is a bad deal and I have seen it ruin many lives. I sorta sympathize with the guy as it seems to me he did it out of concern for his families well-being.

--------------------

Offlinebbl337
genetic material is Ar based
 User Gallery

#9808512 - 02/16/09 04:36 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

"Heroine is one thing that I will never, ever agree with just for the sole reason that 95% of the world's opium supply comes from Afghanistan, and more then 80% of revenue goes towards funding militia's in Afghanistan where they use money to buy weapons and explosives to terrorize their country's citizens into abiding by their laws."

"Just like how cocaine junkies support Mexicans/Columbian and other civilian massacres by funding the violent groups with money to buy more weapons."

Just end the war on drugs, all problems solved.  Also, would you be giving someone who smokes pot crap if they live in the US and have smoked pot?  So much of that comes from Mexico/Mexican gangs

--------------------

OfflinePreyToGod
peace.pot.microdot.
Male

Loc: truckin,,,
Re: Man jailed for flushing drug dealer's heroin [UK] [Re: bbl337]
    #9808858 - 02/16/09 05:29 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

He's lucky it wasn't a big dealer.  You run up in a real "house" and see if you aren't shot, stabbed and gutted before you get 5 feet in the house.  People want to play tough, but you don't fuck around with a trade that valuable and expect to keep both balls.

--------------------
"We live together, we act on, and react to, one another but always and in all circumstances we are by ourselves... By its very nature every embodied spirit is doomed to suffer and enjoy in solitude." Huxuly
the man in black fled across the desert and the gunslinger followed

just because we all see the:greenshroom:
doesn't mean we all see the same
:mushroom2:

I pushed my fingers through the earth, returned this flower to the dirt. so it could live, I walked away now. But I know... Not a day goes by when I don't feel this burn. There's a point we pass from which we can't return. I've felt the cold rain of the coming storm
None but ourselves can free our minds.”

Offlinewireless
Thizziswhatis
Male User Gallery

Re: Man jailed for flushing drug dealer's heroin [UK] [Re: PreyToGod]
    #9809705 - 02/16/09 08:02 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

This guy is a fucking idiot for blaming his families issues on heroin and not his family members. Sort of long the lines of guns don't kill people, people kill people.

Then again, I don't hate him or think he deserves more time. When you see people very close to you as sloppy fucked up junkies you can't help but try to do everything you can to help them. Most people here are on the other side when it comes to drug addiction, but when my brother got really consumed by cocaine, I did some crazy things because I love him so much I couldn't stand to see him kill imself :frown:. Love overpowered all rational and all I wanted to do was save him. I feel really bad for the guy who flushed the drugs. I hope this is a lesson to him and his family that they are fucking up their relationship. Bad decision that should teach him what's really important and how to deal with his problems. I don't think he deserves more time. Sixty days in jail is pretty damn long when you are sitting there, trust me.

OfflineDr.Myco87
Im a "Reader"
Male User Gallery

Loc: Land of the greedy! Flag
    #9814012 - 02/17/09 02:26 PM (8 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

johnm214 said:
And there you have it folks.  This is why you don't talk to the police.  Now he's doig two months in jail and will have a criinal record- all because he was an idiot and thought talking to the police would do anything but fuck him.

By the way, I think its just great that this guy burglarized someone and is getting less time than a guy who possesed the drug would have gotten.  And they called this ignoring mercy?  Bullshit, if he would have peacefully possesed that heroin he would have gotten more time.  Such is our fucked system.

I also like how this idiot blames the drug dealer for his family's actions.  He doesn't like the family doing drugs so he blames teh drug dealer?  WTF?  How about personal responsiblity you idiot.  Is he raiding mcdonalds cuz someone got fat?

Took the words right outta' my mouth.

--------------------
"I don’t do drugs. I am drugs."                -Salvador Dali

"I’ve never had a problem with drugs. I’ve had problems with the police."                                          -Keith Richards

"Reality is a crutch for people who can’t cope with drugs."                                          -Lily Tomlin

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service