Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Anonymous

Post deleted by Anno [Re: Papaver]
    #982493 - 10/22/02 12:19 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
InvisiblePapaverS
Madmin Emeritus?

Loc: Radio Free Tibet!
Re: Pimps, hustlers, pool sharks, cabbies, and jun [Re: ]
    #982539 - 10/22/02 12:38 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Yeah, I like those dark little jazz clubs, and other places with some bohemian atmosphere. They places I really hate, are these well-lit sports bars with three big screen TVs and a juke box all spilling their audio and visual garbage out at full volume. I like a place where you can hear some good music, or actually hold a conversation...

--------------------

Offlinefrogsheath
Stranger
Loc: Chicago, Illinois U.S.A.
Re: Pimps, hustlers, pool sharks, cabbies, and jun [Re: ShroomSkin]
    #982617 - 10/22/02 01:21 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Yeah I'm not buying this post.  Pimps are NOT cool.  Niether are hustlers, hookers, pool-sharks or junkies.  This from a cabbie --though not a hep-cat.  Maybe I'm not cool.  :grin: 

OfflineChemical_Smile
Making Love WithMy Ego
Loc: coming down fast, miles a...
Re: Pimps, hustlers, pool sharks, cabbies, and jun [Re: frogsheath]
    #982625 - 10/22/02 01:26 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Well pool sharks and junkies can be ok.

InvisiblePapaverS
Madmin Emeritus?

#982693 - 10/22/02 01:46 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

> This from a cabbie

When I got out of college, about ten years ago, I drove the night shift for a year -- just to soak up all that good gritty narrative. I just seem to have an attraction for the wrong things in life, but I like it...

I blame it on the kind of books I liked to read, the kind of artists I admired, and kind of music I liked -- well no, those are actually more correlational relationships, I guess -- It probably goes much deeper than that. It may just be in my genes, but I spent a lot of my time looking for truth in the cracks in the sidewalk of life... :wink:

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!

PS: There's good people in all walks of life. You just need to be selective, guarded, and have you radar up. I will say this, some of the most uninspired people I have ever met are nothing more than the mortar holding the cubicled bricks of corporate America together. I like things a little more rough around the edges? :crazy:

--------------------

InvisibleFreakQlibrium
Son of Uncle Meat
Male User Gallery

Loc: Toronto Canada
Re: Pimps, hustlers, pool sharks, cabbies, and junkies [Re: ShroomSkin]
    #982700 - 10/22/02 01:48 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

"This town is bleak. This town would be bleak even for junkies. If you've been here, you know what I mean. You'll get depressed just driving thru, looking at all the crappy sights. I can't wait to fuckin move outta here!"

I'm startting to get depressed just hearing about the place man, i think i'll pass on the drive through :wink:..........you definitely sound like the right person caught in the wrong place(not meant in any way to allude to the recent sniper attacks in the DC area) :frown: I wish you every sucess in finding that special place that feels like "home" to you once again :laugh: 

--------------------
"Being crazier than a shithouse rat is not sufficient grounds for banishment"

Offlinefrogsheath
Stranger
Re: Pimps, hustlers, pool sharks, cabbies, and jun [Re: Papaver]
    #983094 - 10/22/02 03:43 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

There's good people in all walks of life. You just need to be selective, guarded, and have you radar up.

Been driving nights for a lotta years. Started in L.A. in '87. Drove in New Orleans and Chicago. What you say here is true. I gotta say this: I see the people in the walks of life you speak of on a nightly basis and yes, they are humans --there are some good things about them all and some of them may even be worth knowing but as a rule I wouldn't seek them out unless you're doing some kind of sociological or artistic research.
I don't know any pool sharks really so I can't say anything there.

InvisiblePapaverS
Madmin Emeritus?

#983620 - 10/22/02 05:43 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

> as a rule I wouldn't seek them out unless you're doing some kind of sociological or artistic research.

That's Ok then, as I live my life like a sociological experiment! Just more grist for the creative mill... :wink: :grin:

That's cool you're a cabbie! We?ll have to swap some cabbie stories one of these days. There?s always plenty of good ones? :laugh: :cool:

--------------------

Offlinefrogsheath
Stranger
Re: Pimps, hustlers, pool sharks, cabbies, and jun [Re: Papaver]
    #983640 - 10/22/02 05:46 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

There are a few...

Anonymous

#983705 - 10/22/02 06:00 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Like what? I'm interested!

Offlinefrogsheath
Stranger
    #983804 - 10/22/02 06:20 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Lots of drugs are taken, bought, and transported in cabs. Sex is sold and bought near cabs as well as in them --it's often given freely of course. Violence is fairly common. Lots of personal drama flows from the backseat up to the front. I wouldn't know where to begin. I just got ripped off the other night by a young female. I have her cell-phone number but I don't think I'll ever see my $50 (actually, technically she owes me more like $70).

Anonymous

#984472 - 10/22/02 09:37 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

what, did she just run away after you dropped her off? how'd you get her cell?

Anonymous

#984477 - 10/22/02 09:39 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

wait a sec... after i've read your post carefully, you've seen people get it on in your cab? sweet!

Offlinefrogsheath
Stranger
    #985369 - 10/23/02 01:55 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

you've seen people get it on in your cab? 

I've seen (partly) some things I'd rather not describe.
Quote:

what, did she just run away after you dropped her off? how'd you get her cell? 

I picked up this young black girl at a house on the west-side.  It was a radio call.  She was going to the suburbs.  First off, the neighborhood is one I'm not real familiar with.  I know it, but not individual blocks and what kinds of activity goes on this particular one.  It's in Austin, which if you're familiar with Chicago, is sketchy mostly.  Well, the tell-tale signals of this block being a hot-spot of some kind were there as I waited for the dispatcher to call the party out.  I didn't know who it was gonna be.  They were taking a few minutes to come out.  She finally comes out.  To avoid the thugs on he block, she practically runs up.  She has some baggage --looks like kids' clothing and stuff.  She apologizes for taking so long right away and tells me she's going to Carol Stream, Illinois.  I think: "Cool.  It's Sunday 8 pm. I can make my nut on this fare and maybe make a few $ for myself before it gets slow."
I discussed my route with the customer briefly and even discussed the approximate fare.
I should have settled it right there --before leaving.  There was some misunderstanding at the destination regarding the fare.  She wanted to write a check.  Then she wanted to charge it.  The first run-through of the card numbers came up as a bad account.  Since we were now at least 20 miles from the city and radio reception was bad, we re-ran the numbers (over the air).  She was patient.  It turned out the dispatcher got the card numbers wrong the first time.  I didn't want to inconvenience her with waiting a second time for card approval --she seemed like a fairly busy young lady who had kids.  So, when I figured out she was stiffing me --after the dispatcher came back with a second denial of the card -- I could still see her walking up the stairs to the apartments.  I shouted out "It still came up bad!"  She apparently couldn't hear me.  Ya wanna guess the rest?  Pretty boring I know.  But it was frustrating as hell.  Cost me the night basically....    :crazy: 

InvisibleSpiffy
Defender of theGnomes

Loc: Next to your mom
Re: Pimps, hustlers, pool sharks, cabbies, and junkies [Re: Papaver]
    #986566 - 10/23/02 02:30 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

some of the most uninspired people I have ever met are nothing more than the mortar holding the cubicled bricks of corporate America together. I like things a little more rough around the edges

I couldn't agree more with that statement.  Life is meant to be enjoyed not wasted away in some cubicle!  :grin: 

--------------------
Namaste: "I honour that place in you where the whole Universe resides. And when I am in that place in me and you are in that place in you,
there is only one of us."

Anonymous

#987148 - 10/23/02 06:05 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

lol i didn't know you could pay for a cab with a card... if it's on the air couldn't someone just listen to her info and use her card?
well that sucks. tell me another story

InvisibleFreakQlibrium
Son of Uncle Meat
Male User Gallery

#987166 - 10/23/02 06:11 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Yeah but if a charge appears on your card, and you neither made it nor "authorized it" you can always "charge back"(have the monies that were extracted returned to your account) The CC companies(in my experinece anyway) tend to take the word of the actual card holder  :smile: 

--------------------

Anonymous

Re: Pimps, hustlers, pool sharks, cabbies, and jun [Re: FreakQlibrium]
    #987272 - 10/23/02 06:58 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

so someone gets a free big screen tv! nice

InvisibleFreakQlibrium
Son of Uncle Meat
Male User Gallery

#987291 - 10/23/02 07:09 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

"so someone gets a free big screen tv! nice"

Well if the retailer/wholesler is doing their job, they'll have an address where the merchandise was delivered, and hopefully take the requisite precautions RE the authenticity of the person placing the order.......ripping off CC companies=bad idea

--------------------

Anonymous

Re: Pimps, hustlers, pool sharks, cabbies, and jun [Re: FreakQlibrium]
    #987360 - 10/23/02 07:43 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

well no shit
that's why you have to use someone's house who isn't home!

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order