Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineItsAllGood
London Shroomer

Loc: London UK
Trip Report: Trip Hell
    #979135 - 10/21/02 06:15 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

I did 4grams dried this weekend in the company of my trip buddy.  We bought a projector with red/blue oil disks and had some good music on.  The first few hours were great crazy hullucinations and lots of laughs :grin:

Round about peak time it all went wrong for me.  For some reason I had it in mind that my mate was having problems and was choking/swallowing his own tongue.  :shocked:

At that point my tongue felt like it was swelling in my mouth and I could'nt swallow.  I thought I would swallow my own tongue and die.  This went on for 3 hours.  I spent the whole time fighting the panic and trying to convince myself that it was just a hullucination caused by eating mushrooms.  The thing is this is the first time the Hullucinations were'nt just visual I ACTUAL FELT MY TONGUE GROWING IN MY MOUTH and my throut drying and constricting.  During this I also wanted to puke (this is the second time I needed to puke during a trip - And as anybody who has puked during the peak will know IT'S NOT fucking good and leave a distgusting sweet taste in your mouth)  I was terrifed to be sick incase I choked and swallowed my tongue - I was convinced the Mushrooms were poisoning me and my body was having a massive allergic reaction. :frown:

I have no idea why the above happened,  It was so bad that I'm not sure if I have the courage to try again.  Up until now I have enjoyed some wild 3/4 gram trips.

My mate was fine, I did'nt tell him about my problems till after the trip in case I set him off as well!

Has anyone else experienced anything like the above (i.e hullucinating physical stuff) and gone on to have another go?

Some one please reasure me that all is still Good!! :frown:

--------------------
What a terrible thing to lay on somebody with a head full of acid

Edited by geokills (10/21/02 01:44 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSheepish
 User Gallery

Loc: Exile
Re: Trip Hell [Re: ItsAllGood]
    #979160 - 10/21/02 06:24 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Hallucinations do include things like that. You can feel as if your heart is going to stop or beating too fast. Or that you're dying! And what you described sounds just like a typical bad hallucination. Sounds like you handled it OK though. You should have mentioned something to your trip buddy though. He may have been able to reassure you - look at your tongue and tell you it's perfectly fine, etc. Next time, get a drink of water! Sometimes it's that simple. Take a walk and go outside. Get some fresh air - move about. Take a piss. Doing random things can sometimes take your mind off what's troubling you.
There's no reason why you shouldn't be able to trip again and be fine. Just remember, these things are all in your head. I bet after a few weeks rest, you'll be keen to jump back in again. Next time, don't be afraid to say to your trip buddy that you feel that something is wrong. You don't have to start screaming that you're going to die lol, but there are ways to calmly explain to your trip buddy that you need reassurance that your tongue isn't swelling up without freaking him out.

OfflineBruiser
Fuel Injected Suicide Machine

Loc: Hell
    #979508 - 10/21/02 09:51 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

What Sheepish said :smile: I had a niiiiice level 4+ this weekend and I was fuxxored. I like to trip alone most of the time and this was the first time I went that far. You have to keep telling yourself that it's all in your head, and you control the trip. Doing something random really helps to change your mindset. I thought for sure I wasn't coming back. It wasn't a bad trip per se, but I have seen Hell. Getting lost inside one's own mind can be truely horrifying. I learned alot, but kept my cool. I thought I was losing it a couple times, but luckily my cat was hanging around me. That helped to steady me a couple times. He's my new trip buddy! I saw some reallly fucked up things though. You're definatley not alone. The best thing is to keep telling yourself it will eventually end and that you'll be fine. Just ride it out and try not to flip your lid! :grin: And Gateraid is the shit during a trip!. I had to keep myself from ralphing a few times, but I held it in. All in all, it was a great learning experience for myself and I was proud of the fact that I handled myself very well. :smile:
-Bruiser   

--------------------
-I put the chrome to your dome

OfflineFred Garvin
Male Prostitute
Loc: The northern part of sout...
Re: Trip Hell [Re: Bruiser]
    #979687 - 10/21/02 11:27 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Good advice, Sheepish and Bruiser. You guys could be trip counselors or shamans or something.!

Just one thing, though. How can a guy with a mean ole scary nick like Bruiser be a cat person? :cool:

j/k I love the kitties, they're cool.

--------------------

The above statements are just the incoherent babblings of your friendly neighborhood Cracker!

Shur drinkin kils brane sells--but only the week ones!!

OfflineBruiser

Re: Trip Hell [Re: Fred Garvin]
    #979697 - 10/21/02 11:38 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Ever seen a mountain lion or a bobcat? Cats can be extremely viscious (sp?). Especialy the big ones! :laugh: I've alway been a cat person. They're very individual. I love dogs too, but I couldn't get another one. I had an awesome dobie/rottie mix. Sight and sound trained. Since he passed away, I just can't bring myself to get another dog. My cat now has an awesome attitude. It's not afaid of anyone or anything. (Except the Supersoaker :grin: hee hee) It was just cool having him there during my trip. I didn't feel so much alone. It was wierd, because he doensn't usually hang with me all night like he did. It was like he sensed what was going on.  I would've been fine regardless, but there was a couple scarey moments.  :laugh:
-Bruiser

--------------------

Edited by Bruiser (10/21/02 11:48 AM)

OfflineItsAllGood
London Shroomer

Loc: London UK
    #979829 - 10/21/02 12:40 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Thanks everyone - esp Sheepish.

Will try again soon on a slightly lower dose ! :cool: 

--------------------
What a terrible thing to lay on somebody with a head full of acid

OfflineFred Garvin
Male Prostitute
Loc: The northern part of sout...
    #980015 - 10/21/02 02:10 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

I agree, Bruiser. Until my kitty died :frown:, I loved to watch her stalk birds in the yard. She'd get all scrunched down like the big cats you see on nature shows. Then she'd wiggle her hind quarters and pounce. She caught quite a few birds on the wing as they would take off. I loved getting really baked and watching that. She would also kick the crap outta my two dogs. After a while they realized she was no pushover and would walk around her. Sometimes they would fuck with her a little, and she'd pretend not to notice until it pissed her off enough. Then she'd go ballistic. Pretty cool! Damn I miss that cat, she was a trippin partner many times, seemed to come around at just the right time, then leave me alone at the right time. Kinda like she had a special sense for it. Kinda off topic, but I haven't talked about her in a while. Sorry.

--------------------

The above statements are just the incoherent babblings of your friendly neighborhood Cracker!

Shur drinkin kils brane sells--but only the week ones!!

OfflineBruiser

Re: Trip Hell [Re: Fred Garvin]
    #980031 - 10/21/02 02:19 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Not really off topic. In fact, cats could be a trip tip! :smile: If you have a cat, they're definately a blast to watch while you're smoking or tripping. Anyone who has one knows this! :grin:
-Bruiser 

--------------------

InvisibleCow Shit Collector
Patty Poacher

Loc: Random Field
    #980420 - 10/21/02 05:18 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

I ate four grams and as i was sitting on a chair, my cat sat next to me and reached up from the floor (4 feet) to pat me on the face.  We then stared at each other for a while having an esp conversation, never loosing eye contact  :grin:

--------------------

Life's a garden, Dig it!
~Joe Dirt

Off Topic Website

OfflineTonyMontana
Montana RealtyCompany

Re: Trip Hell [Re: Cow Shit Collector]
    #980868 - 10/21/02 08:06 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

ItsAllGood, don't worry you'll be all right. Taking a smaller dose next time is a good idea. Last time I tripped, which was in April I think, I had that tongue thing you speak of. I didn't let it get to me that much because my stomach was bothering me worse :frown:. But I can see how it could have escalated to a bad experience like you had if I would have focused on it more. The reason I was getting it was because all I was doing was sitting in the back of a car drinking iced tea (don't worry, we were parked for hooours and the driver didn't drive well hallucinating or feeling weird). And when I finished the bottle, I was still thursty and kept thinking about how dry my mouth was and playing with my tongue. I think that if I would have gotten the chance to get up and move around and do something else, like Sheepish suggests, it would have taken my mind right off of it. Unfortunately it was way too cold to go outside.

Cats are the best. Whenever I come home from doing shrooms and am in bed, I always hug my cat and she usually ends up sleeping on my pillow. I remember one time when I had two friends over to watch the first Holyfield-Lewis fight on shrooms. After the fight I got up to take a leak, and when I went into my bathroom my other cat was chilling in the bathtub watching the water drip. For some reason it was way funnier than usual and made me laugh. After I was done, I showed her to my friends and we all had a good laugh.

My sister's old cat, I'll call her "K" was the best. She was tough as hell. I remember my brother telling me about one time when he heard her hissing like crazy on our deck. He went to see what it was and she had one raccoon to her left and two to her right and was fighting the one that was on it's own off. He opened the door and threw a pot of water at two of them, and booted the other one down the stairs.
He also told me that when she was little and he'd play with her, K would instinctively try to bite him in that spot on your wrist where you can take your pulse. Every single time she'd go for exactly the same spot.
I remember when I was little she brought a Garter snake into the backyard one day during the summer. So, we got a shovel and threw it over the fence. She went and fetched it and we did the same thing about five more times before she got tired of it. :grin:
My mom told me that when she was pregnant with me, K would come and sit on her belly and was always really nice to her and gentle as if she knew something special was going on. Then when I was born she got really jealous, but eventually warmed up to me and one day brought a 'present' to me in my crib: it was a bird lol :smile:
One last one. My dad told me that one time my sister had gotten into trouble and he had gone into her room and started to raise his voice to her. K, who was also on the bed got up, walked to the corner of the bed nearest to where he was standing, and started to hiss and growl at him trying to 'protect' my sister.
That cat was so damn special. I went to play soccer in Europe for two weeks when I was twelve and when I came back she was gone :frown:. We think that Coyotes must have gotten her. I remember I had a dream about her coming back about a year later and I was all sad the next day when I woke up and realized it was only a dream :frown:

--------------------
"GULF COAST TEXAS SYRINGE! EVERYTHING IS BIG IN TEXAS! Dear Keeper, I send you these pictures and spores so you may pass on this wonderful strain to the world! My cat accidentally ate a spore print and washed it down with 'Keepers Brew' when I wasn't looking. He took a 'DUMP' in your Kit A and before I new what had happened I found these monsters! WHAT THE HELL IS IN THAT BREW!?!? $35.00 + S/H " - SporeTradingPost's 'Keeper': douchebag of the century! [a not so cleverly fabricated testimonial for his website that is only effective in making even his pretend customers look like morons]

OfflineCappy1
Cappy1

Loc: Los Angeles
Re: Trip Report: Trip Hell [Re: ItsAllGood]
    #980980 - 10/21/02 08:43 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Next time take like 2 grams. I usually eat like half an 8th and it is purfect. Not a too many visuals, but i laugh my ass off.
I usually puke durring my trips.

OfflineBlazeurbuds
psychonaut
Loc: Alabama
Re: Trip Hell [Re: Sheepish]
    #981841 - 10/22/02 02:49 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

I totally agree with what you said. I've found that when I begin to get a little aggitated during a trip one of four things have to take place.
1) Change of Music
2) Change of Scenery
3) Drink something
4) Take a piss
One of these always brings me back to enjoying the trip! Good advice Sheepish! Holla!

--------------------
What you see in life really depends on what you are looking for.

Invisiblecruiser
jonesing
Re: Trip Hell [Re: Blazeurbuds]
    #985934 - 10/23/02 07:33 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

That's some good advice. The most useful things for me, is changing the music, scenery, having your friend talk you down. Remind yourself it's just a drug, it will be over soon. Definitely take smaller doses until you feel comfortable again about tripping.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order