Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinemarcosbj
Harmony, theequilibrium

Loc: Brazil
Re: alice in wonderland [Re: Brain19]
    #1329056 - 02/23/03 04:05 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

don't be dumb..he was a math professor, focused on logistic......

his whole book is not based on LSD or drugs or any girls he wanted to molest
it's based on math, pure and simple math...read more about it before talking shit about what you don't know..... :ooo:

--------------------
www.cogumelosmagicos.org

The Magic Mushrooms in Portuguese.

Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
Invisiblebert
bodhi

Loc: state
Re: alice in wonderland [Re: marcosbj]
    #1329063 - 02/23/03 04:08 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Whoa, based on math? That is a great idea...Can you explain this more?

--------------------
Persons denying the existence of robots may be robots themselves.

OfflineTRaNcE_TriPPeR
TRaNcE FoRTriPPiNG!
Loc: Calgary, Alberta
    #1329362 - 02/23/03 06:53 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Yes, but I think what buddy is trying to say is that the Disney verson was written from a trip. I mean look at the movie. I have not seen any movie that has been specially made for tripping (cartoon that is) . If the Disney verson wasn't written from a trip, it had to have been written to trip people out because it is WAYYYYY too fucked up to say otherwise.

--------------------
"GROOVY" - Popular 60's Slang :smirk:

InvisibleClosetCase
but only inwinter

Loc: Somewhere rubbing my nugs...
Re: alice in wonderland [Re: TRaNcE_TriPPeR]
    #1329419 - 02/23/03 07:14 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

So which version is the best then?? I want to go get the DVD!

Anyone seen both?

--------------------
"as your attourney I advise you to rent a very fast car with no top, and you'll need the cocaine.."

"well.. why not? I mean if anything's worth doing, it's worth doing right. THIS IS THE AMERICAN DREAM IN ACTION"

Offlineamnesiaseizure
Mr
Male

Loc: Certainly not here.
Re: alice in wonderland [Re: ClosetCase]
    #1330122 - 02/24/03 02:10 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Oh come on, just because the video has loads of 'fucked up' visuals and ideas in doesn't mean that it was written from an LSD trip. He was a mathematician and a very good one at that. Alice in wonderland is based around the logic of chess and through the looking glass is based on something that escapes me but related to the same kind of thing.

Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: n. e. OH, USSA
Re: alice in wonderland [Re: wrestler_az]
    #1330402 - 02/24/03 04:57 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

the book...
martin gardner's _the annotated alice_
your local public library has it or can get it for you...
samuel dodgeson was a mathematician & i think an ordained minister...
well...
in heinlein's _the number of the beast_ the 4 protagaonists need to consult a mathematician to help decode some logical word puzzles, and end up in victorian england having a li'l picnic with rev. dodgeson... (well, they go to oz as well, and several other "fictional" universes... and end up in a heinlein novel somehow :wink: ...)
~
amanitas were known to have a link to the faery realm...
and occasional psilocybin intoxications are known from that era in england...
and haschish & other preperations from hemp, & coca, & peyote, were known of...
but optiates were the most widely used of the strong mind-bending plantstuffs of that era...
as to whether dr dodgeson (aka lewis carroll) was "in the habit" well... i dunno...

--------------------
old enough to know better
not old enough to care

OfflineTRaNcE_TriPPeR
TRaNcE FoRTriPPiNG!
Loc: Calgary, Alberta
Re: alice in wonderland [Re: ClosetCase]
    #1335907 - 02/25/03 08:09 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Hey..yeah, The Disney Version of Alice in Wonderland is pretty cool :laugh:  Go get that version :laugh:

--------------------
"GROOVY" - Popular 60's Slang :smirk:

OfflineEvilGir
Im the on coming storm

Loc: Planet Irk
Re: alice in wonderland [Re: TRaNcE_TriPPeR]
    #1336393 - 02/26/03 01:43 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Hope this clears thnig up a bit :

In 1898, the Bayer Drug Company began marketing a product called Heroin, the, "heroic drug with the ability of morphine to relieve pain, yet is safer." Lewis Carroll and Arthur Conan Doyle both used cocaine and opium, with Carroll's ALICE IN WONDERLAND often said to have been written whilst he was in a drug induced state. Samuel Coleridge used opium and laudanum and let us not forget Thomas de Quincey and his 1822 work, CONFESSIONS OF AN ENGLISH OPIUM EATER. Both men claim to have first turned to the drugs for medicinal reasons, like pain or neuralgic complaints. In 1803, Friedrich Serturner was able to derive both codeine and morphine from opium. Drug use would be facilitated by the invention of the hypodermic syringe

--------------------
Fighting the man the best way I can.

Offlinemoorhsum
SEED MASTER

Loc: N America
    #1336814 - 02/26/03 06:35 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

My son watches Alice in Wonderland everyday(Disney)...
#1 HE WAS NO PERVERT...He didn't enjoy being around adults because they lack imagination...The simplest pleasure in life...ALICE was a girl that went to the school he tought at.
It is believed that lewis carroll Was familiar with ingesting Liberty Caps,
and one day Alice accidentaly ate some, so to calm her down, he told her a story...Hence alice in wonderland...He depicted it so vividly that he wrote it into a book, and thten a sequel(Alice through the looking glass)...I hope this clears things up a bit...And I'll end with my favorite part from a poem written by Lewis Carroll:

All in the golden afternoon,
Full leisurely we glide;
For both our oars, with little skill,
By little arms are plied,
While little hands make vain pretence,
our wanderings to guide.

Ah, cruel Three! In such an hour
Beneath such dreamy weather,
To beg a tale of breath too weak,
to stir the tiniest of feather.
Yet what can one poor voice avail
Against three tongues togeather?

--------------------
We are the counter-culturaly elite...

OfflineSombie
Moonrock eater

Loc: Stafford, Virginia
Re: alice in wonderland [Re: moorhsum]
    #1337983 - 02/26/03 03:00 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

On a related note, if anyone has a DVD rip or DivX version of it, PM me.

Ever see Donald duck in the magical world of mathmatics? its a disney educational film, that is basiccly alice in wonderland with donald duck in replace of alice, and with math added in, they make us watch it in school all the time, last time I saw it I was ripped out of my mind and it was REAL cool, I want to see it when tripping.

Of course it is by no means as nearly as good as alice in wonderland, more of a cheap rip off, but if you have watched alice to many times to ever watch it again, you might want to look into it, and if you have kids, then you can use it to teach them math! oh, and it has some good pool tips to! ^_^

--------------------
"America... just a nation of two hundred million used car salesmen with all the money we need to buy guns and no qualms about killing anybody else in the world who tries to make us uncomfortable." - Hunter S Thompson

Check out Agio

Follow my NFL Blog

Offlinesoylent_green
The greatEnitsuj
Female

Loc: Ontario
    #1338390 - 02/26/03 05:53 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

i've seen alice in wonderland (diseny) and on 'real life'one, i think it was through the looking glass, but i can't remember for sure, i was really young, and i've read that it was based on a mushroom trip. gordan wasson wrote a bit about it....but i don't think anyone really knwos for sure...
i've watched the diseny one on mush befor, it's pretty cool :smile:

--------------------
What fun is it in Nirvana while other beings are suffering?

OfflineBob_J
Spaced outRabbit

Loc: alberta canada
    #1342396 - 02/28/03 09:13 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

alice in wonderland is a very old novel. lewis carroll wrote it sometime in the 1800's i believe. there was no acid, and mushrooms were taboo at the time. they were considered poisonious and were not consumed by the people. sure maybe some tripped on em i dont know thats just what i heard. lewis carrol was into opium, laundelum sp??, and alcohol. from what i have read alice is actually based on a real girl who was from a mental institution which lewis carroll worked at. he was also a pedophile (no joke!). i have read both alice in wonderland and through the looking glass and i have to say its a great read. the disney and hanna barbara cartoons are weak compared to the actual novel. alice didnt have blond hair she had black hair. oh and lewis carroll was born in cheshire, england (cheshire cat??).
so no alice in wonderland is NOT a acid trip, its just a childrens story written by a guy who had a creative imagination. ive always wondered what the caterpiller is smoking?....maybe its opium, or maybe its tobacco. who knows

--------------------

"With insomnia your never really asleep, and your never really awake"

OfflineOKKuato
Amazon BasinRepresentative

Loc: A small planet in the esc...
    #1342551 - 02/28/03 10:29 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

On a side note . . .

If anyone is interested in Video Games there is a really trippy game based on Alice in Wonderland called ALICE.

Very, very trippy, and a lot of fun.

Peace

--------------------
Everybody knows what is going wrong with the world,
I don't even know what's going on . . . in myself.

Offlinemoorhsum
SEED MASTER

Loc: N America
Re: alice in wonderland [Re: OKKuato]
    #1346322 - 03/02/03 09:28 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Where can I download ALICE?
Is it that simulator, that you teach how to talk? Or is it an actual game? :grin: 

--------------------
We are the counter-culturaly elite...

OfflineSombie
Moonrock eater

Loc: Stafford, Virginia
Re: alice in wonderland [Re: OKKuato]
    #1346352 - 03/02/03 09:50 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

That game is kind of dark tho, I wouldn't like it on my trips.

The only game I have had a good time playing whie tripping is Rez

that game is MADE for tripping, everything you do effects the graphics, the sound, its tripping bliss

http://mediaviewer.ign.com/ignMediaPage.jsp?channel_id=70&object_id=16546&adtag=network%3Dign%26site%3Dps2%26genre%3Dmusic%26genre%3Dactionviewer%26pagetype%3Darticle&page_title=Rez

download a movie, and see how great that would be.

If anyone has a dreamcast, I have the Euro version, and if you have a CD burner PM, I'll hook you up (yeah yeah yeah, illegal, but give me a break, it wasent released in the U.S. this is the ONLY way U.S. coustmers can obtain this game short of flying to japan or europe and buying the game AND another dreamcast euro and Japanese dreamcast, Sega dosent really care, give us a break please)

Sorry, but I don't have the time to send a 500+MB file to dial-up users

--------------------
"America... just a nation of two hundred million used car salesmen with all the money we need to buy guns and no qualms about killing anybody else in the world who tries to make us uncomfortable." - Hunter S Thompson

Check out Agio

Follow my NFL Blog

OfflineEvilGir
Im the on coming storm

Loc: Planet Irk
Re: alice in wonderland [Re: Sombie]
    #1347842 - 03/03/03 02:03 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

so no alice in wonderland is NOT a acid trip, its just a childrens story written by a guy who had a creative imagination

I agree its not an acid trip or probably even drug related, but there is the altered states feel to it, like eat one side of the mushroom to make you small and the other side to make you taller. But I think that the smoking catapillar was using a hookah
which was probably used for tobacco. But all the tripy stuff could just be subconciouss.

--------------------
Fighting the man the best way I can.

Offlineloupgaroublond
watcher
    #1349651 - 03/04/03 11:56 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

alot of clarification on the whole thread. obviously lewis carrol did not do LSD. Chances are he did not use mushrooms (though they have been in use for thousands of years). He is known for having done way too much opium, and yes, he did want to molest alice. However the story itself is more innocently a story written for her sake, he treated alice more like a little mistress than a junior sex slave. my experience reading the book though feels more like an acid trip as for the slipping into full sets of visuals, and the sudden shifts between scenes without explanation. He may have based some of the plot on shrooms though, its quite possible he heard of them even if he never took them. Finally, the catipiller is smoking opium, i've never heard any academic debates that it might be something else.

as for my experiences tripping on the disney's version of alice in wonderland, i grew up watching that version alot, so i was already familiar with it. just watching it, instead of developing some crazy meaning for me, it was just really cool to see somethign so good, the music sounded so good, and the colors so vibrant etc... it was fun though one of these days i'm gonna read the book while i'm on acid.

--------------------
---------------------------------------------------
Its only fun until someone has a bad trip
Then its hillarious
---------------------------------------------------

Offlinewyldtouch69
You heard ofhell well i wassent from it

#1353060 - 03/05/03 05:58 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

OK...

First of all, the Chesire cat was NOT something Lewis Carol saw in a drug induced trip... in a church in Carol's hometown there is a statue of a cat, and if you look at it from a child's point of view, it looks like it is grinning.

Alice in Wonderland and Through the Looking glass are all collaborations of stories he used to tell his neices while on boat rides. someone here was smart enough to put the poem he wrote in the preface. As someone mentioned, carol was in mathematics and yes, some of alice in wonderland does have to do with chess... however some of it was written about the queen, however that is highly debatable, since carol denied it (probably to avoid decapitation). the catapillar was most likely smoking hashish or opium from the hookah. Carol was on opium but I highly doubt he tripped on shrooms... and whoever was talking about Carol tripping on LSD needs to lay off the crack pipe. there was no LSD in the 1800s, at least not like what we had in the 70s. Carol wasn't a child molester, he was probably like Micheal Jackson, some freak who was deprived of a childhood so as an adult he hangs around kids all the time.

So yeah... there... was in AP English since 7th grade, I've had to do a lot of research on various authors throughout the years.

--------------------

OfflineaYs
I am the light.

Loc: Texas
Re: alice in wonderland [Re: wyldtouch69]
    #1353152 - 03/05/03 06:47 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I just downloaded the 1951 disney alice in wonderland off kazaa and that was the first time I had seen it in a long long time... that movie is so freakin' weird it's unbelievable!

OfflineBlueLemming
Glowing Worm

#1354391 - 03/06/03 09:42 AM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Alice in Wonderland is not based on a 12 year old girl that Louis Carrol wanted to molest. Do you have any valid sources that prove this information to be true?
The 12 year old girl you are perhaps talking about is perhaps the one Louis used to babysit. From what I know Louis used to go out on a fairy with a 12 year old girl and another person and he would tell her stories or fables that he would make up. One time his friend accompanied him and found his stories to be quite interesting and suggested writing down his ideas.
Im not sure this is 100 percent correct but I do remember reading it from a plausible source, Ill see if I can find the link. I do KNOW however that Louis Carrol's Alice in Wonderland is not based on his obsession with a 12 year old girl. I have his complete illustrated series, its a great read. Louis did some magnificent poetry as well as novels.

--------------------
-BlueLemming

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies