Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflinesirJ
enlightened darkmatter

Loc: middle of nowhere
it's always nice to find surprises
    #979634 - 10/21/02 10:55 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

i found this tub of straw i had cased but in the midst of cleaning for my g/f's family had misplaced and forgot about it.. i found it today.. opened the lid and found this.

all narly and curled.. awesome shit though.  should i pick them now when in there deformed state? or let them grow out? i'm surprised they lived.. not having been fanned at all.. not seeing much if any light at all which obviously explains the shapes..  a relatively cool temp though.. so maybe they'll be real good on the ol mind :smile: so my monkey says 

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMsPacMan
Stranger

Loc: Florida, USA
Re: it's always nice to find surprises [Re: sirJ]
    #979672 - 10/21/02 11:17 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

those look like roots

OfflineGlacius
Lang
 User Gallery

Loc: Western Cordillera(Inverm...
    #979713 - 10/21/02 11:52 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

make sure that there casing is not contaminated or anything before you eat those:)

--------------------
addicted to reason
a hollow understanding trapped me
I cannot see outside but its calling

Invisibledaussaulit
Forgetful

Loc: Earth
Re: it's always nice to find surprises [Re: Glacius]
    #979746 - 10/21/02 12:03 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

What the hell is that? are you sure those are even murhsooms?

Invisiblez@z.com
Libertarian
Loc: ATL
    #979880 - 10/21/02 01:07 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

they weren't getting any light were they?

--------------------
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." - C.S. Lewis

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniencies attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

OfflinesirJ
enlightened darkmatter

Re: it's always nice to find surprises [Re: z@z.com]
    #979949 - 10/21/02 01:33 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

no.. i'm pretty sure it's not contaminated.. yes.. they are mushrooms.. i wish i had a digital camera to show you all better pics.. there are caps.. but just difficult to see. One of hte most interesting things in my opinion is that there seems to be some growing directly off the wall.. like some mycelium leached upwards and the mushrooms grew only off of it. Ever seen anything like that? They have been in the dark for about a month. It's straw with SF-1 i believe.. or perhaps equador. i'm not sure. a little cover of casing material with lime.

grow out or pick them now?

InvisibleShaw

#981883 - 10/22/02 03:25 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

yes, i have had that happen. Inr time it was just 2 vains of mycelium that streached up the side and grew a decent mushroom.

--------------------

Offlinesluglee
i am dino.

Loc: Jurassic Park
    #982718 - 10/22/02 11:56 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

those shrooms are starving !
Feed them and they will feed you..

--------------------
Slug Lee
still shroomin' ...

OfflineSkikid16
fungus fan

Loc: In the middle of the nort...
Re: it's always nice to find surprises [Re: sluglee]
    #982727 - 10/22/02 11:58 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

You can't feed 'em if you forgot 'em. Weird, weird shit man. So SirJ, are you gonna eat them, it, whatever the hell you would call that growth?

--------------------
Re-Defeat Bush in '04

Edited by Skikid16 (10/22/02 11:59 AM)

OfflinesirJ
enlightened darkmatter

Re: it's always nice to find surprises [Re: Skikid16]
    #983050 - 10/22/02 01:33 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

i will eat them yes.. once someong gives me an answer on whether i should nurture them back to some normality.  or pick them in there abnormal state.  They are mushrooms, just with barely any light and i'm surprised they survived through the co2.  feed them? how do you propose that?  the straw underneath is all i can provide.  i know some have toyed around with liquid nutritions but i have yet to see a great sucess rate.  so.. as the beatles say "let it be"

they're looking a little better already today! :smile:

OfflineSkikid16
fungus fan

Loc: In the middle of the nort...
    #983696 - 10/22/02 03:59 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

I say pick all the weirdos and then introduce it to fruiting conditions, and this time don't forget about them.

--------------------
Re-Defeat Bush in '04

Invisibletripndicular
My Minds Eye IsRhizomorphic

Loc: Bowels of HELL
    #983941 - 10/22/02 04:57 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Yes , recently I saw mycelium growing up the side of a ceramic cake pan , and off that mycelium a tiny primordia has developed , will it reach maturity ? I have no idea .
Good Luck :cool: 

--------------------
Any information I give is not intended to aide you in the production of potentialy illegal substances !None of my exp comes from growing illegal varities , so take it as you will .
So with that said here is our mission statement .

Then the priest fell into a trance or swoon,& said unto the Queen of heaven ; Write unto us the ordeals; write unto us the rituals; write unto us the law !

OfflinesirJ
enlightened darkmatter

#996590 - 10/27/02 10:49 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

well. i have good news.. i picked all the weirdos because they did not seem to grow much more.. i'm surprised more weren't rotten most just seemed water logged so i dried them out.. now beautiful "normal" prmiordia are coming through... why is that such a beautiful site?  just filling me with joy.. and making my mouth water too :tongue: 

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix