Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineVaelu
Strange Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Sin City
Micropore tape, foil, and moisture
    #9795623 - 02/14/09 01:11 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Yesterday, I made substrate and filled 10 1/2 pint jars ala PF Tek.  I covered the innoc holes with micropore tape, then the entire top portion of the jar with aluminum foil, then I PC'd them.  While I let them cool for few hours I went and made my glovebox.  I was short on time, so I only knocked up 5, but when I took off the foil from the jars, the micropore tape was soaked.  There was even droplets of condensation on the lids.  It was a pain to get the tape off, and after I was finished I put fresh tape on the holes and set the jars aside so they can start colonizing.  When I looked this morning, the tape looked a little wet, but was dry to the touch. 

So here's my question: Is that moisture on the tape harmful in any way?  Be it contams, H2O level getting messed up, anything like that?  Should I not put tape on before I PC? 

Thanks

--------------------
"When the student is ready the teacher appears..."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineshurte
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Micropore tape, foil, and moisture [Re: Vaelu]
    #9795675 - 02/14/09 01:23 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

3 days ago I pc 5 jars of popcorn. when they came out I took the foil off and let them rest a day. injected right through the micropore and put a new peice on top of the old. seemed fine to me. since it was hard to take off i decided just put another peice on.

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: Micropore tape, foil, and moisture [Re: Vaelu]
    #9795677 - 02/14/09 01:23 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

It's normal for it to be damp under the foil.  Remove the foil when you remove the jars from the PC or kettle, and save it for the next batch of jars.  Don't remove the micropore tape.  Wipe it with alcohol and inject right through it.  Then, cover the wound with a fresh piece.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

OfflineDamion5050
Mush Doctor
Male User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Translation ! Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Micropore tape, foil, and moisture [Re: shurte]
    #9795692 - 02/14/09 01:26 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Everything sounds ok..  What I do is put tape over the holes cover the top with 2 layers of foil PC for 120 minutes let them sit in the PC over night to cool off then the next day I inject LC into the grain jars straight through the tape and then just add a fresh piece over where I injected at..  The sit them in the closet for 14 days..

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale