Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisible200proofhonky
bluethumb
Male User Gallery

Loc: Timbucktoo
trich on verm/casing in mono *DELETED*
    #9791023 - 02/13/09 03:40 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Post deleted by 200proofhonky

Reason for deletion: sorry

--------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
They try to take away everything God gave us,yet...
our money still says "In God We Trust".
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You take a mortal man and put him in control,
Watch him become a God,watch peoples heads a'roll.
If you kill a man then your a murderer,kill many an your a conqueror, kill them all and your a God.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: trich on verm/casing in mono [Re: 200proofhonky]
    #9791257 - 02/13/09 04:17 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Normally, trich comes from below, since it's hard for fungi spores to germinate on vermiculite.  I would suspect your spawn was contaminated.  If you have several tubs that got hit, you have to toss them anyway, so you might take one outside and wash the verm off with a waterhose and see if indeed the trich was coming up from the substrate below, as I suspect.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

Invisible200proofhonky
bluethumb
Male User Gallery

Loc: Timbucktoo
Re: trich on verm/casing in mono *DELETED* [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #9791424 - 02/13/09 04:44 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Post deleted by 200proofhonky

Reason for deletion: s

--------------------
They try to take away everything God gave us,yet...
our money still says "In God We Trust".
You take a mortal man and put him in control,
Watch him become a God,watch peoples heads a'roll.
If you kill a man then your a murderer,kill many an your a conqueror, kill them all and your a God.

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: trich on verm/casing in mono [Re: 200proofhonky]
    #9792850 - 02/13/09 09:59 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Contrary to popular misconception, vermiculite does have nutrients that support fungi growth.  In my experience it's hard for spores to germinate on it, but once they do, they'll take it over like any other bulk substrate material.  Regardless, you need to get rid of contaminated substrates if growing indoors.  Next time, be sure to bake the verm in the oven for an hour or so to kill off any mold spores.  It's possible there were contaminant spores on the verm, and then it came into contact with grains, which made a hospitable place to germinate.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds