Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Amazon Brown Rice Flour

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineDr. trip right
info sponge

horse manure issues
    #9786301 - 02/12/09 07:37 PM (12 years, 18 days ago)

OK, so Ive been reading all kinds of horse manure threads the past two days, and frankly it has me confused, if i could get some clarity on things that would be great!
So here we go. I called a local stable and went and collected the manure, they had gigantic piles out back of the barn, so i sifted through the pile in different areas to assure i was getting older stuff mixed in. I hand picked all the nuggets out of the piles to make sure I was only getting manure and no bedding. it only has a slight smell to it, you have to be handling it to smell anything pretty much. I broke it up to the size of my pan slightly under 1 cubic foot all together. i pasteurized at 165 for 45 min rang it out till it just dribbled, and took a 1/2 pint brf cake and broke it down and mixed it in, (I followed roadkills method so thank you.) and its been two days and the mycelium is just going crazy. which leads me to believe Im on the right track.
Now here is what has my brain fried, some say that it has to be leeched if its wet or fresh, because the ammonia with turn my mycelium colors. however RR posted that it doesnt always have to be leeched if you have aged and weathered manure (which Im sure I have stuff over a month or more old based on were  collected. granted thats not long but by no means fresh) the ammonia will evaporate out with drying. what I have done so far seems to be working with out leeching. as long as their is no smell I shouldnt have to leech? and if it smells a bit I should leech? am I getting this correct or looking to far into it? sorry it was so long I tried my best to make sure I had no Grey areas in what I was doing. any clarification would greatly help because I dont want to botch future attempts
note: this is my first attempt bulk

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Amazon Brown Rice Flour

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation