Home | Community | Message Board

Mushrooms.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Agar, Grow Light, Perlite, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineLenin
Lenin

Loc: Wisconsin
First Time
    #978314 - 10/21/02 12:14 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

OK it shall be my first time attempting to grow. It is going to be a joint effort with my father. He like me has never grown before. The process he thought of did not make much sence to me. It seems to easy. And by what I have read at the lovely shroomery I am unaware if it would work. So I have come here to ask opinions and suggestions.
Since we live in Wisconsin(and just a couple yards from some cows) we are going to gather some cow shit and put it in a plastic bag. From there we are going to put the poo in a container and set it in the garage. We are going to get a space heater and place it near the shit. We are going to have a light aswell. From there he says if we just let it sit it should just grow. Does that sound right? Or am I just stupid? If I am stupid can you maybe tell me a couple other things I should do or whatever?
Thank You much

--------------------
The True Revolutionaries Never Die

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineStS
treetoker
Male User Gallery

Loc: Earth
Re: First Time [Re: Lenin]
    #978333 - 10/21/02 12:24 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Well unless you just forgot to metion it, you are missing one very important thing, spores. If you want to assure some fruits, follow the PF tek in the Grow/Find section to begin with. It's easy.

--------------------

"You took too much, man....too much, too much!"

Invisibledigitalshaolin
Irish guy

Loc: hot, dry close to mexico
    #978362 - 10/21/02 12:35 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

hum... I doubt anything would grow at all and what might would probably be far from what you are shooting for. I would advise alittle more research. I am never one to say you have to do it the way a "tek" says but there are some.... conceptuals that you need to keep in mind. One being there need to be spores present to produce shrooms and two being clean if not sterile is good.

Edited by digitalshaolin (10/21/02 12:36 AM)

Offlineresin
Ghetto Monster
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ca$hville
Re: First Time [Re: digitalshaolin]
    #978378 - 10/21/02 12:44 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Nah man you will just have heated shit. Basically theres 3 ways to grow shrooms. Pf-tek, Grain, and agar. I would start with the pf teck as its extremely simple and you should get enough for you and your dad no matter how bad you mess up.Heres the link http://www.fungifun.org/pf/. Click "Pf tek for simple minds"

Offlinehyper_dermic
stranger withcandy

Loc: the land of excess
    #978461 - 10/21/02 01:22 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

if you live right next to some cow pastures why not just hunt for mushrooms?
its alot cooler, you get to wear an orange vest, and carry around a shotgun...
i just got a new treestand this summer.. now i can pick off mushrooms from the trees.....

[hyp]

Invisiblez@z.com
Libertarian
Loc: ATL
Re: First Time [Re: hyper_dermic]
    #978480 - 10/21/02 01:31 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Um....Just so you know if you get caught with drugs and a gun i believe you get to go to prison for five years. Maybe thats not right, but i know they are a lot less lenient(sp?).

EDIT: I'm an idiot i just got the joke about hunting. no sleep for 48 hours makes me a little slow.

--------------------
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." - C.S. Lewis

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniencies attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

Edited by z@z.com (10/21/02 01:32 AM)

OfflineSkikid16
fungus fan

Loc: In the middle of the nort...
    #978487 - 10/21/02 01:33 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

I don't think that there are too many active mushrooms that grow in cow pastures in wisconsin, especially at this time of year.

Lenin, My advice, do the PF tek. Then once you get that down, you can moooo oove (get it moo, like the cow, ok ok, i know I'm dumb) over to bulk substrate, since you got a shitload of, well shit at your disposal.

Damn z@z, get some sleep.

--------------------
Re-Defeat Bush in '04

Edited by Skikid16 (10/21/02 01:35 AM)

OfflineDarkLemming
tripper

Loc: the mind
    #978512 - 10/21/02 02:00 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Im so confused....i dont get the orange vest and shotgun thing  :confused: im gonna cry.....sorry n e way...yeah dude im a newbie too and its kinda fool proof if you do the pf tek...fun ...kinda. I just did four more jars tonight with my daddy....boy dads are great. by the way...u know my dad lets me shroom? HA! jelous!!...i love him... 

--------------------
i lie to much...SPELLING IZ FOUR THE WEEK MINDED!!!!

OfflineCyrus32
Hopefull Myco
Loc: Alabama
Re: First Time [Re: DarkLemming]
    #979557 - 10/21/02 12:26 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

damn i wish mom would be cool like that she came to where i'm living (shes paying for place since i'm in college) and found all my flour, verm,perlite, my fishtank growchamber,plus much much more

she fuckin freaked out...but she didn't find my jars...my six beautifully happily spreading jars :smile:

she said she wouldent mind if i had grow lights in there with big pot plants but mot mushies :frown: 

--------------------
"It is far better to die on your feet than to live on your knees."

Yahoo Msg. Name:Cyrus32

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Agar, Grow Light, Perlite, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation