Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Advanced Mycology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Perlite, Ultrasonic Humidifier

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinedjneutron
ummmm...idunnnnoooo

Loc: OHIO
Neutronik Air xchange Tek..never fan again!
    #978295 - 10/21/02 12:04 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

this takes a little work to do, but far less work than the weeks u spend fanning...there is no need to fan at all if u use use this method...I'll try to explain, if i dont do well, let me know and i'll take some pics of the setup...

you will need to get 2 round or square filters 3 - 6 inches apart...cut a hole a little smaller than the filters on both sides of your growing chamber around middle way up and hot glue the filters around the wholes...then go to radio shack/or some place like that and buy 2 fans, at radio shack the catalog number for the fans is 273-241C, there are about 5 or 6 inch fans and work off a regular 120V outlet, they cost around 10 bucks a piece, u will also need some cheap short extention cords to spice and wire to the fans wires, (u just hook them together, and put electrical tape around them) it will be self explanatory or ask the guy at radio shack what i mean... after that put the fans up to the filters and drill a hole into the growing chamber on each of the 4 corners of the fans..

you will use nuts and bolts to secure fan through the holes u just drilled to the growing chamber..

take one of the fans and place it on the INSIDE of the growing chamber so the filter is on the outside and the fan on the inside is PULLING air through the filter into the growing chamber....take the other fan and place it on the OUTSIDE of the filter on the other side of the growing chamber so it pulls the air out of the chamber..

I'm sure other people has though of this before, but i came up with it because i build competition car audio systems, and thats how i install fans in the amp racks..itz called a simple push/pull system....

that way the shroomies will get fresh air 24/7, just make sure u use good filter disks which u can purchase from vendors on here....as long as u use good filters and have a semi clean area where your chamber is, u will not have to worry about contamies gettin in, unless they get in when your misting...

of course u can use an automated mister for that so u don't even need to take your lid off...but thats a whole other story...

hope this helps

--------------------
www.sporesrus.com

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleSixTango
Mycota

Loc: A little North of Paradis...
Re: Neutronik Air xchange Tek..never fan again! [Re: djneutron]
    #978456 - 10/21/02 01:17 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

The raccoon does not mean to rain on your parade, But:

I can understand a push / pull system for cooling amps. But, there is no need for the "pull" fan in your suggested application.

Simply place a filter & fan on one side & a much smaller exit hole on the other side, with less porious filter over that exit to restrict air flow.

In that way you create a "positive pressure" filtation / ventilation system.

Meaning, your pushing in XXX volume of air into a given amount of space & the exit only allows XX to escape. Thus, creating mild internal pressure, that keeps contam's out & allowing for fitered ventilation exchange internaly.

The other significant problimatical factor your suggested system creates is:

How does one maintain a high humidity in a small contained enviroment, that has a continious flow of air constantly passing through it?

If you had a damp perlite floor covering, in it. The constant flow of air would push / pull humidity out.

The only way would be to funnel very high r/h air into the intake of your suggested system. Which would be a PITA to regulate & maintain with any relative degree of accuracy.

One could certainly put the system on a timer, to regulate the air flow to several times a day for short periods.

Systems for larger rooms are "positive pressure" with humidifiers inside the room, controlled by a humidistat (http://www.greenair.com/humidistat.htm) that activates or deactivates those humidifiers per regulated range settings.

Relative positive pressure systems w/humidistat control & internal humidifiers allow precise control & maintance over rh inside such a room.

Use google & check out "positive pressure air filtration".

6T  :tongue:

--------------------
~whiskey river rafting, hot tubbing, dirty dancing & spending money on - wild women - having fun & just gonna waste the rest~

OfflineLoop_Theorist
addict
Re: Neutronik Air xchange Tek..never fan again! [Re: SixTango]
    #979539 - 10/21/02 12:15 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Not to Highjack the thread or anything, but where can one obtain one of those Greenair humistats, It didn't look like they sell direct from thier web site.

-Loop

--------------------
Pack-tight, midnight, ship it to tha coast.
Some take tha plane, you, you on tha boat,
right beside tha money which right beside tha coke
Passin by tha coastgaurd, right under their nose.

To the US-HEY where anyone can getny, MIA all the way to New Your city, you a twenty now....

OfflineLoop_Theorist
addict
Re: Neutronik Air xchange Tek..never fan again! [Re: SixTango]
    #979547 - 10/21/02 12:20 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Never mind, I'm a big, fat looser...

-Loop

--------------------
Pack-tight, midnight, ship it to tha coast.
Some take tha plane, you, you on tha boat,
right beside tha money which right beside tha coke
Passin by tha coastgaurd, right under their nose.

To the US-HEY where anyone can getny, MIA all the way to New Your city, you a twenty now....

Offlinedjneutron
ummmm...idunnnnoooo

Loc: OHIO
Re: Neutronik Air xchange Tek..never fan again! [Re: Loop_Theorist]
    #979775 - 10/21/02 02:20 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Ok, I'm going to add what 6T is saying here, it does make sense about the humidity, but so far i have had no problems and for the most part in most of the chambers i use, perlite works just fine....but if humidiity does become a problem in side your chamber, u could always use a timer, set it to come on 3 or 4 times a days for 15 mins or so....that may pull some humidity out, but it will build back up again in a very short amount of time....

Good lookin out 6T!!!

--------------------
www.sporesrus.com

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Perlite, Ultrasonic Humidifier

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Advanced Mycology