Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Invisiblevinsue
Grand Old Fart
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Garden State(NJ) Flag
Re: WEEDTOPIA [Re: ChairmanMeow]
    #9783198 - 02/12/09 04:58 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

ChairmanMeow said:
Quote:

the fortune 500 slim down to the fortune 420.
the dow starts to jones.

. . . :congrats:

--------------------

"All mushrooms are edible; but some only once." Croatian proverb. BTW ...
  Have You Rated Ythans Mom Yet ?? ... :taser:  ... HERE'S HOW ... (be nice) .  :mod: ... :peace:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinej0nnyb0y05
IBelieveInBelivin
Male

Loc: Going Going, Back Back to
Re: Which country will be the first to legalize weed [Re: Learyfan]
    #9783741 - 02/12/09 08:32 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

well i dont know about the US legalizing, i can see the feds decriminalize it tho. Im ok with that because they really cant enforce it, thats wats going on in Ma. But really i dont care because i will always smoke, legal illegal or decriminalized. It just depends if our gov wants to profit and help us, or ignore the voices of these united states.

as for the oregon state legalizing, what do you mean?

--------------------
.....Healing Of People Everywhere.....

InvisibleFunguymon
Stranger

Re: Which country will be the first to legalize weed [Re: j0nnyb0y05]
    #9812452 - 02/17/09 03:10 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Nearly all the countries everyone mentioned in this thread are members of the United Nations. As long as these countries are in alliance with the U.N. none of them will legalize marijuana, cause the U.N. mandates drug policies that these countries need to obey if they want to keep membership in it.

Nearly every single country in the world is in the UN which includes the Netherlands where it is legal, in Spain and Mexico it is decriminalized. In India, you can buy a special drink prepared with cannabis called Bhang.

http://www.erowid.org/plants/cannabis/cannabis_faq_eat.shtml#hot

These all go against the UN's stance. You know, I'm all for countries talking openly in an assembly and I'd rather have them throwing words at each other rather than bombs, still fuck what they have to save about micromanaging our lives.

Why I believe it will be the states is because that is how a lot of progressive change has occurred not only in America, but many other countries. It is the providences in Canada that are leading the cannabis reform, not the country itself. Anyone ever heard of B.C. bud with the headquarters of Vancouver. I think a lot of Vancouver influence spills into Seattle. In fact I think the whole reason why the Northwest of America is ahead of the other regions is because of a lot of intermingling with the Canadians there.

Trust me, up here in Montana, I know a lot of bastards who buy up a ton of guns, food, and other survival supplies, and dare those feds to go after them.

IN FACT, the state of Montana in 2006 passed a law stating that no UN flag shall be flown on state land and that whatever resolutions or laws the UN comes up with, do not apply in this state.

http://www.votesmart.org/billtext/12299.pdf

Oh how I love my state.:smirk:

InvisibleVirus_with_Shoes
Pastor of Muppets
Male User Gallery

Loc: Zuid-Holland, Nederland
Re: Which country will be the first to legalize weed [Re: Funguymon]
    #9812557 - 02/17/09 04:21 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

which includes the Netherlands where it is legal

It's technically illegal but not enforced.

--------------------

Offlinegoodvibes420
Stranger
Male

Re: Which country will be the first to legalize weed [Re: Learyfan]
    #9812875 - 02/17/09 07:32 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Im thinking it will be Canada, and hopefully the U.S will follow after.  :gethigh:

Offlineigwna
The Cap'n
Male

Loc: New England, USA
Re: Which country will be the first to legalize weed [Re: psilyguy]
    #9813032 - 02/17/09 08:20 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

psilyguy said:
nah 2012, the worlds gonna end, it will be too late. unless we gather all stoners/drug users together and build a rocket ship to the giant hippie commune on the moon!

can we go somewhere cooler than the moon?

how about mars? i hear theres like pyramids there nd shit lawl

or we go to titan with the gov't :awesome:

:braindamage:

--------------------
I don't believe in cops, bosses, or politicians. Some call that anarchism. I call it having a fucking heart that beats.

OfflineCannabischarlie
Resident badass
 User Gallery

Re: Which country will be the first to legalize weed [Re: mathewww]
    #9813103 - 02/17/09 08:43 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

mathewww said:
Nearly all the countries everyone mentioned in this thread are members of the United Nations. As long as these countries are in alliance with the U.N. none of them will legalize marijuana, cause the U.N. mandates drug policies that these countries need to obey if they want to keep membership in it.

I think we all need to realize that legalizing marijuana is going to be so much more difficult than we think. The U.S. has campaigned for decades about the "dangers of marijuana" and people believe it, firmly.

i disagree, people of all ages, especially younger people dont believe this shit, which is why the DEA goes after marijuana above state rights, and actively campaign against it.

i keep telling people that the more states decriminalize it, the more law enforcement at local levels stops caring about it, the closer we become.

yeah, all the rest of the world is riding on our policies, so the way to end that is not only have people in those countries realize its bullshit (they do), but to show that we where wrong, and are WRONG.

they wanted to lock up mark emery for the money he pours into the activism of legalizing marijuana. canada has progressed towards changing our attitudes, and getting the information out there and changing the laws at the state level is key.

I live near denver. pot possession is not even a misdemeanor, and in denver it TECHNICALLY is legal for up to one ounce if you are over 21.

Sure, the state level vote didnt pass, but it wasnt defeated at near the margin they thought it would, and Denver is the first place in the US to outright legalize marijuana in some way.

another state decriminalized weed. What if 25 states did? what if half the states decriminalized it? They will eventually. Can the govt stomp the will of over half the people it governs?

--------------------
This section of the signature line has been intentionally left blank.

we could all use a little more sunshine.

:shrug: yeah, she's funny and somewhat interesting.  not a beauty queen, but not bad lookin.  i'd feel quite honored to fuck janine garofalo.
-tiny_rabid_birds

Invisiblejds

Re: Which country will be the first to legalize weed [Re: Cannabischarlie]
    #9813104 - 02/17/09 08:43 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Canada

--------------------
“No sympathy for the devil; keep that in mind. Buy the ticket, take the ride...and if it occasionally gets a little heavier than what you had in mind, well...maybe chalk it off to forced conscious expansion: Tune in, freak out, get beaten.”

― Hunter S. Thompson, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas

Offlineboletusoftruth
Psychedelic Funk
Male

Loc: MASS
Re: Which country will be the first to legalize weed [Re: jds]
    #9813275 - 02/17/09 09:36 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

When the generations below us can vote, and the couple generations above us die off, weed will be easily decrim, perhaps legalized. It's truly an age thing. If you grew up in the age of drug propaganda, weed = the devil. Our generation and below realize that is BS.

:2cents:

--------------------

OfflineF0SS1L
Prehistoric Cyborg

Loc: 216
Re: Which country will be the first to legalize weed [Re: boletusoftruth]
    #9813537 - 02/17/09 10:46 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

It would probably benefit the US the most. We're the biggest importer of hemp in the world and yet it's illegal to grow commercial hemp. And then just factor in all the tax revenue that would be made from weed as a recreational drug. But at the same time it's hard to see the US legalizing it because we have such a long standing history of propagandist bullshit and bigotry. There's still a lot of right wing evangelism present in America, even if you don't see it. But at the same time, California has made so much progress so it's a tough call to make.

I think you're basically gonna see a lot of states decriminalizing it and supporting medical marijuana. And from there we'll see more countries acting like the Netherlands where it's illegal but tolerated. Probably Canada, the US, and the UK shortly after. After that happens there will probably be a long period of 10-20 years where the whole issue is ignored until a state like California tries to legalize it and it's eventually addressed by the UN. The US seems to be the most prone to just ignore the UN and do what they want because they can, so after a period of tolerated marijuana use I could easily see us becoming the first country to technically legalize it.

--------------------
That's me on the street with a violin under my chin. Playing with a grin, singing gibberish.

OfflineDragonChaser
Ice in Her Ass and Pussy
Male User Gallery

Re: Which country will be the first to legalize weed [Re: F0SS1L]
    #9813574 - 02/17/09 10:57 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

I can't believe everyone is saying Canada and individual US states... its totally going to be a Central or South American country that legalizes it first... Mexico has tried to legalize possession of small amounts of drugs once or twice, only to be stopped by Washington.  Where is it, Venezuela or something, that possession of small amounts of cocaine were decriminalized recently?

Edit- nevermind, I'm thinking of Portugal that decriminalized small amounts of coke, heroin, and I think, ecstasy.

--------------------
My name is Mud

InvisibleFunguymon
Stranger

Re: Which country will be the first to legalize weed [Re: DragonChaser]
    #9814445 - 02/17/09 01:50 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Virus_with_Shoes
It's technically illegal but not enforced.

I remember reading from a credible website that Spain had something similar to that for heroin, but I can't find the source on that, so correct this if it is wrong.

Quote:

DragonChaser
Edit- nevermind, I'm thinking of Portugal that decriminalized small amounts of coke, heroin, and I think, ecstasy.

Wow, that's funny a coincidence that you posted that as I rethought my above statement. I think that is the situation in Spain, and I know I am not mixing up the two. I wouldn't be surprised if Portugal did that. Do you have source?

Offlinepsilyguy
 User Gallery

Re: Which country will be the first to legalize weed [Re: igwna]
    #9815194 - 02/17/09 04:06 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

theMERRYiguana said:
Quote:

psilyguy said:
nah 2012, the worlds gonna end, it will be too late. unless we gather all stoners/drug users together and build a rocket ship to the giant hippie commune on the moon!

can we go somewhere cooler than the moon?

how about mars? i hear theres like pyramids there nd shit lawl

or we go to titan with the gov't :awesome:

:braindamage:

yeah mars is definitely a better idea than the moon. how bout this idea, once we get settled on mars for a while we can develop our psychic super high powers to the point that we can transform all the gases on saturn into various vapors containing cannibinoids, psychedelics, maybe some opiate vapors, and amphetamines depending on what part of the planet you are on and what the weather brings. then we can go move there and get high as fuck off life! :flyhigh:

OfflineDragonChaser
Ice in Her Ass and Pussy
Male User Gallery

#9815609 - 02/17/09 05:15 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Funguymon said:I wouldn't be surprised if Portugal did that. Do you have source?

Apparently they decriminalized the possession of ALL drugs...
Here's a link to a .pdf about the aftereffects of decriminalization...
http://www.idpc.info/php-bin/documents/BFDPP_BP_14_EffectsOfDecriminalisation_EN.pdf.pdf
I googled "portugal decriminalize 2001" and the first link was something to the DOJ website, it was a DEA document I think.

I came across the info while I was reading about cocaine under the law section for cocaine on erowid, and decided to check the legality of other drugs in Portugal, and they all had similar news.

--------------------
My name is Mud

InvisibleFunguymon
Stranger

Re: Which country will be the first to legalize weed [Re: DragonChaser]
    #9815638 - 02/17/09 05:20 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

DragonChaser said:

I came across the info while I was reading about cocaine under the law section for cocaine on erowid, and decided to check the legality of other drugs in Portugal, and they all had similar news.

aw yes, I checked what Erowid had to say on Spain, but got nothing. I did a quick scan and couldn't find anything on Spain, but Portugal will do. :hehehe:

Thanks for finding that.

OfflineFortunando
Space Rasta
Male User Gallery

Loc: Jolly Roger Flag
    #9819289 - 02/18/09 10:55 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

I would have to say Portugal and Mexico. It's just too much money lost.

Maybe the U.S. will finally start thinking about it now that Obie is in office. Lots of gangs make their money from sellin so why not regulate it so the government can get some cash and gangs can get a kick in the ass.

--------------------

InvisibleVirus_with_Shoes
Pastor of Muppets
Male User Gallery

Loc: Zuid-Holland, Nederland
Re: Which country will be the first to legalize weed [Re: Fortunando]
    #9819425 - 02/18/09 11:24 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

How's that for a recession buster? Start legalising weed and tapping into that enormous pool of potential tax revenue. Of course there's also going to be a lot of lost productivity for the first few weeks or so. :grin:

--------------------

InvisibleFunguymon
Stranger

Re: Which country will be the first to legalize weed [Re: Virus_with_Shoes]
    #9819773 - 02/18/09 12:34 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Virus_with_Shoes said:
How's that for a recession buster? Start legalising weed and tapping into that enormous pool of potential tax revenue. Of course there's also going to be a lot of lost productivity for the first few weeks or so. :grin:

I'll have bought acres and be busy tilling the land. :stoned:

Invisibleamericalovesfear
MagentaPlacenta
Female User Gallery

Loc: that place
    #9819791 - 02/18/09 12:39 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Virus_with_Shoes said:
Duuuuuude, I can totally make a bong outta that rocket ship. :yoda2:

that made me laugh

--------------------
Spiders on drugs

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Barricades
    #9820311 - 02/18/09 02:31 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Virus_with_Shoes said:

You have to remember that when FDR repealed alcohol prohibition in 1933, it did stimulate the economy, but it wasn't sufficient to get us out of the Depression.  I think the same result would occur from legalizing weed.  Slight economic stimulus, but not as much as we need.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies