Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineTBTVox
Stranger

Dry Wet Rot wth... help!
    #9767600 - 02/09/09 06:34 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Okay, so I went back home eager to harvest and well, there is a large black spot.  Sorry no pictures.  I have tried looking around and have come to the conclusion that it is either black mold if it is dry, and dry rot if it is wet...this correct?

if it is rot is it okay to cut out?  how exactly do I do that?

There is a mushroom growing from the black spot...

If this is mold, the mushies picked from the rest of the tub...should they be thrown out?  I would assume so but jsut checking.

I wish i could get some pics up...but its not possible since i dont have a camera or the internet at my place...

this prolly should be in contam forum...but i kinda need a quick reply
thanks for your help!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinem08b08
BrainDead
Male

Loc: In The Fog
Re: Dry Wet Rot wth... help! [Re: TBTVox]
    #9767623 - 02/09/09 06:38 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

i had a couple of jars that had some black mold if its not white im throwin it,salvageable or not its just not worth the hassle,if i were you id start over.wish i could be more help!.

--------------------

Offlineveda_sticks
Cultivator
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: UK Flag
Re: Dry Wet Rot wth... help! [Re: m08b08]
    #9767659 - 02/09/09 06:43 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Have your mushrooms sporolated?? the caps flattened out. Its possibly spores from your mushroom. Look at where the veil is, is there colour there too?

--------------------

PF TEK - writeup by EvilMushroom666
Lets Grow Mushrooms - RogerRabbit & RoadKills website with sample videos plus the full PF TEK video series. Alot of great information - BUY THE DVD
Cakes can and will pin! - So you think cakes suck for pins. Your wrong
Franks Simple Coir/Verm Tek
Franks Proper Pasturisation Tek
Franks Spawning To Bulk - Monotub
Professor Pinheads RTV Injection Port Tek
Foo Mans No Soak WBS Prep Tek

OfflineTBTVox
Stranger

Re: Dry Wet Rot wth... help! [Re: veda_sticks]
    #9767767 - 02/09/09 07:01 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Yes, several mushies opened up and dropped their spores!  I had to stay the weekend with the parents, so when I rushed home there was prolly 10-20 mushies with caps full open.  The veils are  darker aswell.

So is that the answer?  Just dropped spores and everything is good to go?  I know you can say with 100% certain, especially w/o pics... but is that ur vote?

I had no idea if the spores dropped it would turn the myc black!

I hope you are right!

More thoughts/opinions?

THANKS

OfflineTBTVox
Stranger

#9779696 - 02/11/09 05:19 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

bump, I know its hard to say with no pics..but any help would be great.  It has been a couple days now, and the spot is stillthere, but has not gotten bigger.

Are the mushies picked from this box okay to eat?  There is also a fat shroom growing from the spot.  It doesnt appear discolored, but is that one okay to eat too?

OfflineBuckeye Oysters
From Zero to Hero
 User Gallery

#9779866 - 02/11/09 05:43 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

What you are thinking of is called bacterial blotch if it is black and looks sunken in like rotting fruit.  Otherwise it is just probably a large spore load which is no prob.  If blotch you need to up your FC and make sure nothing is dripping water or standing constant water on your sub and fruits.  You will need to pick, but the rest of the fruits should be OK as long as you up FAE now.

Don't eat the black areas.  You can cut them out and salvage the fruit, but I would still dry it out well to kill any remaining bacteria.

--------------------
Evolution is Lamarckism in disguise.  Adaptation never creates a new species or trait, but rather the new species/trait always existed within the parent DNA until circumstances allowed it to be activated.  For instance, every wolf has the DNA for poodles, but that DNA would never be revealed without man selectively breeding for it.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom