Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineAngel_Above
Nobody
Male

Is There No Logic?
    #9777889 - 02/11/09 12:08 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

My friends are very into the idea that acid is bad and it causes people to have horrible flashbacks and all that other shit like it stays in your spine forever... but they do shrooms.

I tell them how wrong those things are and they reply with "Oh well my mom's friend did acid before and she says she has flashbacks whenever she cracks her back," so I proceed to crack mine but they say "no man, you gotta do hundreds of hits for it to work" as if they knew what the hell they were talking about.

How the hell can people do shrooms and be SO against acid and all that?

One of my friends explained to me that he believed me that there is no argument for natural vs. synthetic, but he just didn't want to trip for 12 hours. He's the only one who gave a good argument, even tho shrooms tend to last about 9-10 for me.

Do you even bother trying to explain sometimes? It seems as if every time I try to explain it to them, they get this notion that acid is SO MUCH WORSE than shrooms.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineNoteworthy
Sophyphile
 User Gallery

Re: Is There No Logic? [Re: Angel_Above]
    #9777908 - 02/11/09 12:12 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

get with the times, bro. people are dumb. acid scares some people too.

someones gotta raise awareness.. but until then, people will believe that they are told

--------------------

OfflineGreenGoat
Chewer of Fine Pastures
Male User Gallery

Loc: Northern California
    #9777909 - 02/11/09 12:12 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

I know people with a similar attitude, as in, Ill do shrooms but Im afraid of acid. It does strike me as silly most of the time, particularly so because I find LSD to be more gentle thant shrooms generally. But ultimatly you can't push people and there is no problem if that is their choice. You can only present the facts, or to put it in a cliche, you can lead a horse to water but you cant make him drink...
I suppose some people who say they only want to put natural things that grow from the earth into their bodies have a point, but if they eat things like twinkies and mcdonalds that contain highly processed, semi synthetic ingredients, you can perhaps question their devotion to purity of body as they are putting a higher concentration of chemicals into their body when eating a twinkie than from dropping a tab of clean L...

Offlinejvm
I knew the pieces fit!
Male User Gallery

Loc: Cleveland, Ohio Flag
    #9777911 - 02/11/09 12:13 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

I usually either thoroughly explain it well enough or beat it into them. Usually the latter works best.

If that fails it might be best for them to read sources debunking it.

Invisiblestinkybritches
"surprise!"
Male

Loc: NY
    #9777912 - 02/11/09 12:13 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

yeah, I have some retarded friends like this. it really pisses me off. Its competely illogical like the title suggests. the 12 hours is a decent excuse and mushrooms can to last 6-10 hours for me. so IDK. its retarded but to balance it out I have friends who dont even like mushrooms anymore but would do acid in a heart beat.

Invisiblesh4d0ws
LSx
I'm a teapot User Gallery

#9777922 - 02/11/09 12:16 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

unless I know the person is sophisticated I will not even try to explain the acid/flashback/stays in your body for life bull shit

and 90% of my friends that say the acid bull shit do ecstasy  :shrug:

--------------------

Invisiblestinkybritches
"surprise!"
Male

Loc: NY
Re: Is There No Logic? [Re: sh4d0ws]
    #9777931 - 02/11/09 12:19 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

acid is to flashbacks/stays in your body as ecstasy is to holes in the brain.

OfflineNoteworthy
Sophyphile
 User Gallery

Re: Is There No Logic? [Re: stinkybritches]
    #9777971 - 02/11/09 12:34 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

acid is tha shit
for l33t ppl
!!!

--------------------

OfflineDrizzt396
Stranger
    #9777987 - 02/11/09 12:39 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

I used to think along those lines. I read a couple articles on both cid and shrooms that said that the chance of permanent psychological damage, while incredibly low with both, was higher with acid. Then I rationalized my choice by getting on the 'natural' band wagon, but I later realized that not only is everything on this earth *technically* natural, but that there's a lot of 'natural' substances that are acutely toxic. Then I thought about drugs specifically and when I realized that I'd rather do cid than opium or coke the 'natural' rationalization went out the window. My first hit is currently sitting in my freezer awaiting an opportune time.

Best to work the harms reduction angle and educate them, either through telling them (and citing your source) or just showing them your source. Chances are if they're giving you shit for your own personal preference though they're elitist bastards anyway and not worth hanging out with. But if it's just general ignorance, and they don't begrudge your usage, educate them!

BTW Trip length is different based on what different people perceive as the trip. When I trip on an eighth of shrooms I would call the average trip length (in all my trips, w/ amts ranging from ~1g to 5) three hours. Now granted the five gram (eyeballed on top of it) attempt was really shitty (less duration than any trip I've had on 3.5) otherwise I'm guessing the average would be a little higher. The afterglow I separate from the trip itself (two completely different animals IMO), and lasts 2-4 hours for me. Alcohol intake prior to ingestion seems to extend the trip part more than any other drug besides DMT during the trip, perhaps (by personal observation). Though I find the afterglow is considerably shorter. Most people I talk to say they trip on an eighth for 7+ hours. Sometimes we're talking with the same shrooms. Having yet to do cid I cannot speak to how long I perceive the given trip, but I'd ask your friend how long he thinks he typically trips on a given quantity (if you've had the same amt. and kind before that'd be a great comparison) and compare it to how long you think you trip on shrooms. Then tell him everything I just said and give him a loose guesstimate as to how long you think he'll trip on acid.

InvisibleDomnu
T-Cell
Male User Gallery

Loc: OC
    #9778000 - 02/11/09 12:43 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

I think flashbacks are a valid concern if you drive or work with machinery. :shrug:

--------------------
I'm a sheep with flathead screwdriver RNA in a toolbox.

OfflineAngel_Above
Nobody
Male

Re: Is There No Logic? [Re: Noteworthy]
    #9778012 - 02/11/09 12:47 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Noteworthy said:
acid is tha shit
for l33t ppl
!!!

1 4r3 t3h 1337.

Well, more acid for me then, I suppose :smile:

InvisibleHiei
8======><=====8
Male User Gallery

#9778046 - 02/11/09 12:55 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

whatever! :obama:

--------------------
◄►۞◄►

OfflineLiquid Time
Chronic Bionic

Loc: Earth
Re: Is There No Logic? [Re: Hiei]
    #9778294 - 02/11/09 01:44 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

People spread mass disinformation about a lot of stuff.

--------------------

Offlinewildchild68
lion in a coma
 User Gallery

#9778329 - 02/11/09 01:49 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Angel_Above said:

How the hell can people do shrooms and be SO against acid and all that?

Because they are entirely ignorant on the subject.

Really, there's no other explanation.

--------------------

Offlinesorahtak
Tiger Hugger

#9778666 - 02/11/09 02:40 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

I have met people with the same attitude. Shrooms are fine but acid is harmful.

One of the people that I met though didn't use the natural/unnatural thing, but rather had somehow gotten it in their head that acid was damaging to the brain while mushrooms were not.

Someone else discontinued their use because acid just "didn't feel natural."

I can see where people are coming from with the shrooms feeling more natural than acid thing. My acid trips always tend to have a more cyber vibe contrasted with my generally more organic feeling mushroom trips.

However, I think this has more to do with the characteristic effects of the chemicals than their sources, and that it is just a coincidence that one is synthetic and the other from a naturally occurring source.

This is supported by the existence of things like LSA, which is available from plant sources. While I personally haven't tried it, I've heard accounts of it having a digital vibe to it similar to what I've experienced on LSD.

Furthermore, the idea that something being "natural" has anything to do with how harmful it is is utter bunk. Case in point: Datura.

--------------------

OfflineAngel_Above
Nobody
Male

Re: Is There No Logic? [Re: sorahtak]
    #9778718 - 02/11/09 02:46 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

LSA is quite a lovely experience.

I really don't think any of my trips feel anymore natural or give off that synthetic vibe though.

Acid is just nicer to me with more visuals IME, and shrooms are little assholes at times :laugh:

InvisibleCognitive_Shift
CS actual
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #9779222 - 02/11/09 04:16 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Tell your friends do find anything with in the academic literature about LSD staying in the spine forever.  Ask them how come LSD is the only substance in the universe that stays in the human spine?  How does this make sense pharmacologically? 

Tell your friend to google "LSD spine forever," nothing legit will come up.  Tell them that their moms friends are full of shit!

--------------------
L'enfer est plein de bonnes volontés et désirs

OfflineAngel_Above
Nobody
Male

Re: Is There No Logic? [Re: Cognitive_Shift]
    #9779328 - 02/11/09 04:31 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Cognitive_Shift said:
Tell your friends do find anything with in the academic literature about LSD staying in the spine forever.  Ask them how come LSD is the only substance in the universe that stays in the human spine?  How does this make sense pharmacologically? 

Tell your friend to google "LSD spine forever," nothing legit will come up.  Tell them that their moms friends are full of shit!

Haha I've done every thing you've told me.

People just tend not to believe me.

I mean who wants to believe the kid who gets phenom. grades and does drugs? :laugh:

Offlinewildchild68
lion in a coma
 User Gallery

#9779337 - 02/11/09 04:33 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Anyone who honestly believes you can store active chemicals in your body for long periods of time and by simply "cracking your back" you are able to release these chemicals into your brain, has absolutely zero understanding of anything factual.

--------------------

InvisibleCognitive_Shift
CS actual
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #9779346 - 02/11/09 04:33 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Some people are just too ingrained in cultural values to except fact over personal ideologies.  Its the old "My mind is made up, don't confuse me with fact"

--------------------
L'enfer est plein de bonnes volontés et désirs

Offlinelibertaire
liberator
Male

#9779514 - 02/11/09 04:53 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

I think this logic comes from the fact that acid can be mixed in with other chemicals or be weak or less pure, while when you're eating a mushroom, unless it's laced with pcp or some shit, which you would likely notice, all you're getting is a mushroom and nothing else.  I've never done acid myself, except for one time when nothing happened except for me being really hyper.  I think that experiences like mine are where the logic comes from.  I would like to try acid for real, since I don't have a problem with it, but I could see why people would be against it.

As far as all the urban legends go, such as it staying in your spine for ever, there's just as much disinformation going around with all drugs, such as the idea that the effects of mushrooms is the result of food poisoning.  People like simple answers and simple reasons to be against something, rather than actually looking into it's dangers and effects.

OfflineRocker232
Stranger

#9779868 - 02/11/09 05:44 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Angel_Above said:
Quote:

Cognitive_Shift said:

Haha I've done every thing you've told me.

People just tend not to believe me.

I mean who wants to believe the kid who gets phenom. grades and does drugs? :laugh:

Sounds like you have a lot in common with me. I think that its hard to not come off as "crazy' to others when talking about psychedelics. It angers me though because a lot of the people who see it as "crazy" have no problem with Marijuana and a lot of them don't even have a problem with opiates!

In a time where young adults aren't being drafted off to war and there isn't much jobs to be had you would think people would at least think to educate themselves, but even that seems to be asking too much from a world plagued with ignorance.

--------------------
With Allure I Look to the Sky With Awakened Eyes

InvisibleAdult_Toke
Male
Loc: The Great Satan 🇺🇸 Flag
Re: Is There No Logic? [Re: Rocker232]
    #9779970 - 02/11/09 05:59 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

If you've tried leading them to the truth and they still still cling to bullshit propaganda and misinformation, I wouldn't worry too much about getting them to do acid. People that dumb probably wouldn't get the full potential from LSD anyway.

It's not for everyone.

Offlineyageman
already dead
 User Gallery

Re: Is There No Logic? [Re: Adult_Toke]
    #9780160 - 02/11/09 06:36 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

I wouldnt worry about those people.
They are just kids, and I dont care how old they are.

Given the descriptions, it doesnt matter how old they are.

You could probably just try to tell them what the deal is, and if thats not good enough, you will know where to go with it.

Shit, even if some asshole watches the history channel he or she probably knows better than to not listen to you.
You have tried it

Hilarious video...........

Two people who know acid very well.

Show them this video... Its full of lsd humor and a famous guy makes an ass of himself because two acid lovers just so happened to be on his stage.

DDDD..do you like drugs?

--------------------
[quote]Me_Roy said:
You moron. Material is material is material.  No 'thing' fixes any situation.  If anything were so simple we would be living in a much better world.[/quote] <-----the dumbest thing I have ever read in my life.
Thanks shroomery.

Offlineyageman
already dead
 User Gallery

Re: Is There No Logic? [Re: yageman]
    #9780175 - 02/11/09 06:40 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

The video is a perfect example of how psychedelic people know their own.

In my experience, the exchange of information between people changes dramatically after a few doses especially if both people used the drugs on a similar time frame.  Also known as crescent fresh communication.

Just thought it would be an interesting thing to post in this thread.

And funny too!

--------------------
[quote]Me_Roy said:
You moron. Material is material is material.  No 'thing' fixes any situation.  If anything were so simple we would be living in a much better world.[/quote] <-----the dumbest thing I have ever read in my life.
Thanks shroomery.

Edited by yageman (02/11/09 06:51 PM)

Offlinetempingasashaman
\\\\\\\\////////\\\\\\\\
 User Gallery

Loc: under the rainbow
Re: Is There No Logic? [Re: yageman]
    #9780240 - 02/11/09 06:52 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

yageman said:

DDDD..do you like drugs?

:lol:

--------------------
the greatest use of life is to spend it on something that will outlast it

OfflineAlCapwn
ID Reset, take that subpoena

Loc: Canada
    #9780245 - 02/11/09 06:54 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

For the record, I've noticed acid fucks me up a lot more than mushrooms. Not flashbacks or shit in my spine, but it launches me out there much more. I go much farther down the rabbit hole on acid while mushrooms tend to make me forget my night. It then usually takes me months to get back down to earth with acid where it only takes me a week or two for mushrooms.

--------------------
Huuuuurrrrrr!

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract