Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineDr. Awesome
Awesomeologist

Folding@home Statistics
new fruiting chamber :) any suggestions?
    #9776439 - 02/11/09 12:28 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

so here is a pic of my fruiting chamber that i just finished building today.

it maintains up to 95% RH with ease, using a cool mist humidifier, but takes a while to get it up there.  the RH of the rest of my house is about 35% according to my hygrometer. 

it has 6 shelves, each shelf will easily hold up to 7 aluminum foil bread pans. 

it is made from some old plastic shoe racks that are stackable to wehatever height you want, i them covered teh outside of the rack with a clear vinyl shower curtain, fit perfectly, used clear packing tape to hold it all in place.

so far im pretty impressed, and it will fit in my closet easily enough should i ever need to conceal it. 

should i run a tube to pump the humidified air to the top of the chamber? and as far as light goes, should i add more lights to it? maybe something every 2 or 3 shelves?  or would it me fine with just the one light on the top? 

the whole rack unit is made of a translucent blue plastic and the whole rack seems to illuminate kinda fiber optics style just from the supplied light. but i was thinking if light was an issue i could always just rotate the crop every day so each pan could get equal light exposure, however that might be too much like work :P

are there any cheap ways that i could illuminate each shelf or every second shelf individually? preferably on a timer.  i was thinking florescent tubes?  is it even necessary or will ambient room light be sufficient?

--------------------
Like the time I took the ferry to Shelbyville. I needed a new heel for my shoe so I decided to go to Morganville, which is what they called Shelbyville in those days. So I tied an onion to my belt, which was the style at the time. Now to take the ferry cost a nickel, and in those days, nickels had pictures of bumblebees on them. Give me five bees for a quarter you'd say. Now where were we, oh ya. The important thing was that I had an onion on my belt, which was the style at the time. They didn't have white onions because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big yellow ones.

Edited by Dr. Awesome (02/11/09 12:29 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinefltdriver82
Naked and offensive
Male User Gallery

Loc: On a trip
Re: new fruiting chamber :) any suggestions? [Re: Dr. Awesome]
    #9776695 - 02/11/09 02:12 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

http://www.westsidewholesale.com/13-linkable-plug-in-fluorescent-undercabinet-light-white.html
Has linkable fluorescent fixtures for 9.99-13"
Wal-mart has 18" for 7.99-not online you gotta find them in the hardware dept. and they aren't linkable.
Always check local pawn shops-people pawn some weird shit. Or talk to your friends maybe they have an old black light ballast that you can have-that's were I got all of my fixtures.
If you had 3 lights and ran them vertically (or one/two big fluorescent fixtures) you could have one give light to multiple shelves. Make sure that they are outside of the GH-95%rh and electricity don't mix. Saw a thread a few weeks ago were a guy was using stick up LED lights powered by batteries so he could have them inside his FC, don't know how that's working out for him. While fruiting they need (roughly) 12/12 of light in the 6500K range. daylight or grow bulbs- you don't need expensive HPS lights or anything like that, unless your growing bud?
3x$9.99 lights
+
$10 cheap timer
+
3x$5-10 for daylight bulbs
as for the rotating thing: don't waste your time you would never get anywhere close to the 12hr of light. Now indirect sunlight could be used if you wanted to chance leaving your blinds open, it is the best (I believe I heard a rabbit say that, maybe wrong though)

--------------------
The Fourth Amendment gives every American the right to refuse any search without a warrant.

Say hello to my friend, his name is George.
Every other ? you have is answered here

:mushroom2:In soviet russia, mushroom trips on you

OfflineBlazedChillin
Strange one
Male

Loc: The right side
Re: new fruiting chamber :) any suggestions? [Re: fltdriver82]
    #9776855 - 02/11/09 04:16 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

If you want cheap lights call an electrician, they usually have fluoro fixtures they have removed from other places for $5 or so.

But search for a thread called "I luv my greenhouse" hippie chick says she only had a ceiling fan for light. And I only hope once mine is set up I can do half as good as her.

Offlineiskinbash
Male

Re: new fruiting chamber :) any suggestions? [Re: BlazedChillin]
    #9777016 - 02/11/09 06:36 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

I bought a full size double flourescent fixture from home depot for seven dollars (its called a Shoplight). Got the Daylight 6500K bulbs for just a couple bucks. It would def be sizeable for you to run vertically along your chamber.

--------------------
*iskinbash is merely a fictional character placed in a real life environment.

Offlinepownasaurus
destroyer of worlds
 User Gallery

Re: new fruiting chamber :) any suggestions? [Re: iskinbash]
    #9777267 - 02/11/09 09:06 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Shower curtain, brilliant.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies