Home | Community | Message Board

Gaiana.nl
Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
OfflineFrood
Stranger
Registered: 07/23/02
Posts: 34
Last seen: 16 years, 7 months
A weird thought of mine.
    #977411 - 10/20/02 06:10 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

This is just a philosophical idea, Im not sure if I truly believe it but, the day after my last mushroom trip I was feeling really enlightenend because I had a good trip and I thought of something. I was thinking about how before there were sentient creatures, that maybe animals eating psychedelic mushrooms planted the seed of human intelligence. Wouldnt it be cool if mushrooms had an important role in developing the human mind? Makes sense to me.


Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Registered: 07/13/99
Posts: 4,805
Loc: On the Brink of Madness
Re: A weird thought of mine. [Re: Frood]
    #977422 - 10/20/02 06:14 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Deja vu...

Mushrooms don't code information...


--------------------
Note: In desperate need of a cure...


Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
Invisiblemr crisper
.

Registered: 07/25/00
Posts: 928
Re: A weird thought of mine. [Re: Frood]
    #977446 - 10/20/02 06:27 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

you need to read some t.mckenna, he picks up that idea and runs all day with it.


Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
Invisiblemr crisper
.

Registered: 07/25/00
Posts: 928
Re: A weird thought of mine. [Re: Sclorch]
    #977454 - 10/20/02 06:30 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

they could've acted as a catalyst, sure did for me :tongue: 


Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
InvisibleMetasyn
one

Registered: 09/02/02
Posts: 239
Loc: PNW
Re: A weird thought of mine. [Re: Frood]
    #977474 - 10/20/02 06:42 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

"I don't know who discovered water, but it sure wasn't a fish." 
To discover water, a fish would have to first exist outside of the water. 

Metaphorically, the act of becoming self-conscious is a tricky one.  One way to become aware of something you are immersed in (such as consciousness) is to perturb it in a way that psychedelics do.  Terence McKenna has a theory that eating psilocybin mushrooms could have in a sense made us realize that we were conscious, or somehow enabled the mind to think in a self-conscious way.

Many opponents to this theory claim that the link between selective advantage and psychedelics is pretty weak, but this form of the theory claims that psychedelics preciptated our cultural evolution, not genetic.  Mushrooms don't need to code information to do this, they were just the jolt necessary to propell our consciousness into the accelerating cultural domain that we find ourselves in, something that would have been impossible with the previous limitations of unconscious thought. 

Unfortunately, there is no way to prove or disprove this theory, so it is all conjecture.  Its fun conjecture though :smile: 


Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Registered: 04/27/01
Posts: 23,480
Loc: Caribbean
Last seen: 3 months, 20 days
Re: A weird thought of mine. [Re: Metasyn]
    #977575 - 10/20/02 07:26 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

"I don't know who discovered water, but it sure wasn't a fish."

This is a good analogy for a "zen" awakening...

Like a fish discovering water which has always been there.


--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.


Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
InvisibleGalvie_Flu
 User Gallery

Registered: 06/30/02
Posts: 6,632
Re: A weird thought of mine. [Re: Seuss]
    #977614 - 10/20/02 07:43 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

ill contribute some information to your theory. Scientists think that serotonin is the oldest neurotransmiter, because serotonin receptors in the brain have the most variety, meaning that we have like i think 15 different types of serotonin receptors, versus like 2(i think) dopamine ones. They think that serotonin receptors have evolved the most, therefore they are the oldest.


Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
InvisibleGalvie_Flu
 User Gallery

Registered: 06/30/02
Posts: 6,632
Re: A weird thought of mine. [Re: Metasyn]
    #977620 - 10/20/02 07:45 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

i kinda disagree, because when the spanish conquistadors came to america, they forbade the mushroom users from using the mushroom, but they let them chew all the coca leaf they wanted.


Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Registered: 07/13/99
Posts: 4,805
Loc: On the Brink of Madness
Re: A weird thought of mine. [Re: Metasyn]
    #977659 - 10/20/02 08:04 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

but this form of the theory claims that psychedelics preciptated our cultural evolution, not genetic.

When the locus of selection migrates from genes to memes... damn near anything is possible. Unfortunately, it will be impossible to prove.


--------------------
Note: In desperate need of a cure...


Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Registered: 07/13/99
Posts: 4,805
Loc: On the Brink of Madness
Re: A weird thought of mine. [Re: Galvie_Flu]
    #977665 - 10/20/02 08:07 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

i kinda disagree, because when the spanish conquistadors came to america, they forbade the mushroom users from using the mushroom, but they let them chew all the coca leaf they wanted.

Actually... it was the missionaries...
And they banned mushrooms because there were all these stone carvings of mushrooms all over the place. The missionaries destroyed most of the sculptures in their attempt to dispel all the other religions and insert Christianity in their place.


--------------------
Note: In desperate need of a cure...


Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
Offlinepimpadelic
enthusiast
Registered: 06/18/02
Posts: 255
Loc: Chattanooga, TN
Last seen: 18 years, 5 months
Re: A weird thought of mine. [Re: Sclorch]
    #977902 - 10/20/02 09:52 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Those fucking christians! Always tryin to push thier bullshit beliefs on somebody :mad: 


Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
Offlinepattern
multiplayer

Registered: 07/19/02
Posts: 2,185
Loc: Canada
Last seen: 1 year, 6 months
Re: A weird thought of mine. [Re: Frood]
    #977955 - 10/20/02 10:11 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

man = ape + mushroom


--------------------
man = monkey + mushroom


Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
Anonymous

Post deleted by Moe Howard [Re: pattern]
    #978198 - 10/20/02 11:24 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)



Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Registered: 07/13/99
Posts: 4,805
Loc: On the Brink of Madness
Re: A weird thought of mine. [Re: pattern]
    #978201 - 10/20/02 11:25 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

man = ape + mushroom

This is the kind of bullshit I'd like to eliminate (fuck you McKenna!).

Mushrooms CANNOT directly affect your genes (indirect--> can make a better thinker = more fit). If we're talking about MEMES... sure, psilocybin may have a great effect on the pattern recognition ability of an ALREADY conscious being (most notable... humans).


--------------------
Note: In desperate need of a cure...


Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Registered: 07/13/99
Posts: 4,805
Loc: On the Brink of Madness
Re: A weird thought of mine. [Re: ]
    #978214 - 10/20/02 11:30 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

man ( say, Bob ) - mushroom = ape?

This "Bob"?---->



--------------------
Note: In desperate need of a cure...


Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
Offlinepattern
multiplayer

Registered: 07/19/02
Posts: 2,185
Loc: Canada
Last seen: 1 year, 6 months
Re: A weird thought of mine. [Re: Sclorch]
    #978723 - 10/21/02 04:50 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

sclorch, what process do you propose allowed humans to have a consciousness able to be affected by mushrooms?

writing it off as a cosmic coincidence is boring.

the existence of mushrooms precedes man. IMO apes adapted to use them, and by doing so evolved into man. whether that was genetic or memetic is beside the point. mckenna got the idea right, but the underlying scientific explanation and research is still missing.

and yeah, its all bullshit, but thats the way it is.


--------------------
man = monkey + mushroom


Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Registered: 07/13/99
Posts: 4,805
Loc: On the Brink of Madness
Re: A weird thought of mine. [Re: pattern]
    #979399 - 10/21/02 10:49 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

writing it off as a cosmic coincidence is boring.

I disagree. I think meaning only comes from the abyss of randomness.

the existence of mushrooms precedes man.

Which species in particular? This is crucial.

IMO apes adapted to use them, and by doing so evolved into man. whether that was genetic or memetic is beside the point.

The locus of selection is of great significance in this case... whether you see it or not. Mushrooms DO NOT interact in the DNA replication (or transcription) process WHATSOEVER. This is a MAJOR discrepancy... I don't see how you can so easily write it off as "beside the point".

mckenna got the idea right, but the underlying scientific explanation and research is still missing.

Missing science is an understatement.


--------------------
Note: In desperate need of a cure...


Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
OfflineGazzBut
Refraction

Registered: 10/15/02
Posts: 4,773
Loc: London UK
Last seen: 1 year, 9 months
Re: A weird thought of mine. [Re: Sclorch]
    #979424 - 10/21/02 11:13 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Hi everybody, My very first post!!- been reading some of the threads and thought it was about time i joined in.

Schlorch you said "man = ape + mushroom

This is the kind of bullshit I'd like to eliminate (fuck you McKenna!)"

I see what you mean about mushrooms not having a direct effect on DNA, althought im taking your word on that for now! but are you familiar with the concept of morphogenetic fields?They would perhaps provide the medium for the kind of effects on evolution Mckenna and some people on here have referred to.


--------------------
Always Smi2le


Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
Offlinenubious
1up on the rest

Registered: 10/20/02
Posts: 534
Loc: Canada
Last seen: 11 years, 1 month
Re: A weird thought of mine. [Re: Sclorch]
    #979524 - 10/21/02 12:02 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Actually... it was the missionaries...
And they banned mushrooms because there were all these stone carvings of mushrooms all over the place. The missionaries destroyed most of the sculptures in their attempt to dispel all the other religions and insert Christianity in their place.


Where did you get this info? I'd like to check it out sometime.. not only does it provide grounds for McKenna's theory, but if the Missionaries were so intent on destroying these 'artifacts' that had pictures of mushrooms on them, then they probably feared them due to the possibility of them contradicting their wares (religon).

Oh and one more thing... Why is it that the tip of a penis looks like a mushroom? Is it just me or is that a little too coincidental?


--------------------
No one knows the worth of innocence till he knows it is gone forever, and that money can't buy it back. Not the saint, but the sinner that repenteth, is he to whom the full length and breadth, and height and depth, of life's meaning is revealed. Good and evil loose all objective meaning and are seen as equally necessary and contrasting elements in the masterpiece that is the universe.


Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
Offlinepattern
multiplayer

Registered: 07/19/02
Posts: 2,185
Loc: Canada
Last seen: 1 year, 6 months
Re: A weird thought of mine. [Re: Sclorch]
    #979544 - 10/21/02 12:19 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:


The locus of selection is of great significance in this case... whether you see it or not. Mushrooms DO NOT interact in the DNA replication (or transcription) process WHATSOEVER. This is a MAJOR discrepancy... I don't see how you can so easily write it off as "beside the point".




Its beside the point... of this thread.  And it was very easy to write that.  :tongue:

sclorch, what process do you propose allowed humans to have a consciousness able to be affected by mushrooms?

I guess you dont want to answer that one.  How about this one:

How did humans evolve from apes?

At least the mushroom theory has evidence: psilocin exists.  Every other theory so far is little better than an educated guess. 


--------------------
man = monkey + mushroom


Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Registered: 07/13/99
Posts: 4,805
Loc: On the Brink of Madness
Re: A weird thought of mine. [Re: pattern]
    #979569 - 10/21/02 12:32 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Pattern... just do me a favor and read a REAL book on evolution or take a course on it. I'm not well-versed enough in it (and don't care to be... statistics is boring to me) to explain every last friggin' detail.

Whatever... it's not like you're ever going to write a book on the subject, right?
I mean, your poorly thought-out theories (actually, McKenna's) are no threat to REAL science.

Pretend I never objected and proceed with your ignorance.


--------------------
Note: In desperate need of a cure...


Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
InvisibleMetasyn
one

Registered: 09/02/02
Posts: 239
Loc: PNW
Re: A weird thought of mine. [Re: Sclorch]
    #979601 - 10/21/02 12:43 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

I don't think we should discount these types of theories just because they have little scientific basis. McKenna had these ideas that sounded right to him, and he set out to inspire people to look into finding actual evidence for them. Sure, right now they are just theories, but nothing has yet DISPROVEN them, so we should keep an open mind to incoming evidence that might support it. They are not a threat to science, but science may (or may not) soon have to bend around them.


Edited by Metasyn (10/21/02 12:46 PM)


Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Registered: 07/13/99
Posts: 4,805
Loc: On the Brink of Madness
Re: A weird thought of mine. [Re: Metasyn]
    #979605 - 10/21/02 12:45 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Since fallibilism was introduced to philosophy... I think this is a moot issue.
But I'm 99.9999% sure McKenna's theories are bogus.
There's still that sliver of hope that I'm wrong... but I reserve the right to dissent.


--------------------
Note: In desperate need of a cure...


Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
OfflineLittleBen
Feed Me A StrayCat

Registered: 08/31/02
Posts: 202
Last seen: 14 years, 3 months
Re: A weird thought of mine. [Re: Sclorch]
    #979747 - 10/21/02 02:03 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Lets get a bunch of apes and feed them mushrooms, then we will know the answer.


--------------------
Gaia, as you awaken, I heal myself. As I awaken, you are healed.


Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Registered: 07/13/99
Posts: 4,805
Loc: On the Brink of Madness
Re: A weird thought of mine. [Re: LittleBen]
    #979759 - 10/21/02 02:07 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

ROTFLMAO!!!!!

ajfl;kasdjfafjisdoafui
Can't type;sdljfja'fdf
hahahahahahaahhaahaha :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: 


--------------------
Note: In desperate need of a cure...


Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
OfflineKemist
Soul ComponentsPrototype IssueM11983MF50 (x_x)

Registered: 05/29/02
Posts: 160
Loc: The Orgin
Last seen: 18 years, 12 days
Re: A weird thought of mine. [Re: pattern]
    #979874 - 10/21/02 03:06 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

"How did humans evolve from apes"

survival of the fittest man ... Homo sapiens neandertalensis came up on the survival scene 200 to 30 thousand years ago and present day man Homo sapiens sapiens may of also showed up about 200 thousand years and lets not forget the grandaddy Homo sapiens archaic who was there 200 thousand years before both of these guys. Neandertals and Homo Sapiens beat archaic off but were both still coexisting and according to some may have even been able to bear children. bones have been found of being niether Neandertals or Homosapiens but a combination of the both.

shrooms didn't "evolve" the race of man

Homosapian did have a smaller brain then Neandertals but used more of it. so shrooms didnt really have anything with the physical evolution but im pretty sure our Spirituality, Philosophy and Science did come from the use of psychedelics and any other drugs that make life a little different for the brief moment of time and say to ourselves "that looks funny ... hmmm i wonder". i've read that almost all religions were based on visions of drugs and if not drugs ... months of meditation and fasting, another way for visuals and abstract thought.

if survival of the fittest is not in need, its not used. so some groups of Neandertals didnt change over time because they didnt need too, life was good so to say. now Homosapian came from pockets of Neandertals that needed to change because of thier unstable enviroment ... not shrooms.

psychedelics have no change on DNA

now heres a thought of mine ... if we no longer have our lives governed by natural selection. is the world in a mess because we stopped the evolution and progession of man. if so is there any hope for man. are we retarded and dont even know it. you can't make 2 + 2 = 5. i feel we're missing something very importent and thats the reason for all this pain and strife.







--------------------
Rafa (x_X)

fuck a sig




Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Registered: 07/13/99
Posts: 4,805
Loc: On the Brink of Madness
Re: A weird thought of mine. [Re: Kemist]
    #980095 - 10/21/02 04:43 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

We're always missing "something"....

I just learned to deal with the void.


--------------------
Note: In desperate need of a cure...


Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
Offlinepattern
multiplayer

Registered: 07/19/02
Posts: 2,185
Loc: Canada
Last seen: 1 year, 6 months
Re: A weird thought of mine. [Re: Sclorch]
    #980359 - 10/21/02 06:46 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

> Pattern... just do me a favor and read a REAL book on
> evolution or take a course on it.

thats been done many times over. call me ignorant, and here you are talking trash, you are a fool. i own dozens of books on evolution, and taken courses. i havent read McKennas book, yet probably like Frood, independently came to the same conclusion McKenna did. i'm not the first or the last who will figure this out.


> I'm not well-versed enough in it (and don't care to be...
> statistics is boring to me) to explain every last friggin' > detail.

evolution isnt statistics, its biology. the origin of species, for example, is all lay theory, not math.


> Pretend I never objected and proceed with your ignorance.

same to you buddy.


--------------------
man = monkey + mushroom


Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
Offlinepattern
multiplayer

Registered: 07/19/02
Posts: 2,185
Loc: Canada
Last seen: 1 year, 6 months
Re: A weird thought of mine. [Re: LittleBen]
    #980360 - 10/21/02 06:47 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

> Lets get a bunch of apes and feed them mushrooms, then we will know the answer.

lol!!  someone go to a zoo and throw some shrooms in the ape exhibit!  :grin: 


--------------------
man = monkey + mushroom


Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
Offlinepattern
multiplayer

Registered: 07/19/02
Posts: 2,185
Loc: Canada
Last seen: 1 year, 6 months
Re: A weird thought of mine. [Re: Kemist]
    #980376 - 10/21/02 06:53 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

> survival of the fittest man ...

there is no evidence for this, it just sounds good.

> so shrooms didnt really have anything with the physical evolution but im pretty
> sure our Spirituality, Philosophy and Science did come from the use of
> psychedelics and any other drugs

all those things (S+P+S) are what separates man from monkey, and if shrooms were part of that equation (ie without shrooms we wouldnt have gotten to where we are)... then how can you deny that our evolution was affected by mushrooms?

from my point of view, you just admitted that the theory is true.

and this DNA stuff... i think its a load of crap too, but use your imagination, there is more to evolution than DNA. Darwins theory of evolution long preceded the discovery of DNA (and Dawkins theory of memetics). theory often comes before scientific evidence. einstein, for example.. if we discard every theory before it is proven/disproven, there will be no progress. fortunately, mckennas theory aint gonna die anytime soon.


--------------------
man = monkey + mushroom


Edited by pattern (10/21/02 07:16 PM)


Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
OfflineSnuffelzFurever
Psychonaut

Registered: 09/17/02
Posts: 734
Loc: Miami, florida
Last seen: 17 years, 7 months
Re: A weird thought of mine. [Re: Kemist]
    #980465 - 10/21/02 07:38 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

nobody has any more proof than anyone else in this. just because you've read somewhere that something is true, doesnt make it true. and just because science says something, doesnt mean its fact. remember how science "proved" that the earth was flat, and then some shit happened (i've heard it wasnt columbus, but whateveR), and then a major aspect of science was changed.
there are so many varying factors that we cannot actually accurately gauge anything in an environment with random events. given, in the perfect setting, (i think euclidian geometry, but it mite be non-euclidian, whatever, doesnt matter), science can prove things. but the point is, you can only control and explain things that you made, in an artificial environment.
science proves nothing.
just cuz a textbook says something, doesnt mean its true. yer history book could be full of lies. i prefer not to think of it as such, because that would involve way too much thinking, and it wouldnt show me "the truth" anyways. but yea, for all we know, there was huge conspiracy about 1000 years ago by aliens to imprint something in our mind that would make us think we know the past, and give us all the "evidence" we need, to see when we would discover the hoax.
its like game reality and timothy leary and the psychedelic experience and a bunch of shit that you cant make a difference with because you dont know if what you're experiencing is real or not. doesnt mean be apathetic, just means be more open-minded.
so yea, my hypthesis is that babydoma, the ancient god of feces decided to pluck out his eye, and make a world with it. from his eye sprouted beautiful mushrooms, and then he occasionally takes a crap on this eye to fertilize the soil....


--------------------
"I think it's time we stop
Children, What's the sound,
Everybody look what's going down"


Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
OfflineViveka
refutation bias
 User Gallery

Registered: 10/21/02
Posts: 4,061
Last seen: 4 years, 11 months
Re: A weird thought of mine. [Re: Sclorch]
    #981020 - 10/21/02 11:00 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

man = ape + mushroom

"Mushrooms CANNOT directly affect your genes......."

...you're right about that, at least according to current THEORIES about evolution, etc..
However, mushrooms directly effecting ones genes is not consistent with the premise of Mckenna's theory, as I understand it. Mckenna asserted that under the influence of primarily small doses of mushrooms, man's ancestors senses would be heightened along with the activity of his mind, therefore he would be a more able hunter, gatherer, shelter builder, etc..... Thus, natural selection would favor the more capable mushroom imbibing creatures to the non-mushroom imbibing ones.........

Mckennas theory also incorporates(to my knowledge) the theory of mycrophiles versus mycrophages. A mycrophage is a person or group of people who, in general, fear mushrooms. Whereas, a mycrophile does not fear mushrooms(of all types) and incorporates them into their daily living and diet. From stuff I have read, certain European countries have historically been mycrophages whereas Russians have typically been mycophiles.........

The theory is pretty out there, but very interesting..........


Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
Offlinepattern
multiplayer

Registered: 07/19/02
Posts: 2,185
Loc: Canada
Last seen: 1 year, 6 months
Re: A weird thought of mine. [Re: Viveka]
    #981156 - 10/21/02 11:39 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

> Thus, natural selection would favor the more capable mushroom imbibing
> creatures to the non-mushroom imbibing ones

Well said!!!  :laugh: 


--------------------
man = monkey + mushroom


Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
OfflineKemist
Soul ComponentsPrototype IssueM11983MF50 (x_x)

Registered: 05/29/02
Posts: 160
Loc: The Orgin
Last seen: 18 years, 12 days
Re: A weird thought of mine. [Re: pattern]
    #982186 - 10/22/02 09:28 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

there is no evidence for this, it just sounds good.

refering to survival of the fittest

no evidence .... all you have to do is look in nature and its ahppening all the time. the very reason why species become extinct because they can no longer adapt to thier enviroment they start to fade away .... need proof. fossils!

it sounds good because its true

the goverment came out with reports saying that it changed your DNA and that was only to help it become illegal. saying shrooms "evolved" man is like saying ... mans consumption of goat milk has "evolved" .... too particular my friend.

psychedelics did expand a mind but a mind that was already there. i dont think if we start feeding dogs shrooms that in 5 million years well have dogs ruling the earth ... and if dogs are ruling the earth in 5 million years shrooms didnt get them there. survival of the fittest did ... shrooms may give them a culture ( a much more developed one at least).







--------------------
Rafa (x_X)

fuck a sig




Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
OfflineGazzBut
Refraction

Registered: 10/15/02
Posts: 4,773
Loc: London UK
Last seen: 1 year, 9 months
Re: A weird thought of mine. [Re: Sclorch]
    #982342 - 10/22/02 11:03 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Schlorch you say "Pattern... just do me a favor and read a REAL book on evolution or take a course on it. I'm not well-versed enough in it (and don't care to be... statistics is boring to me) to explain every last friggin' detail."

Perhaps you need to take your own advice eh?



--------------------
Always Smi2le


Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Registered: 07/13/99
Posts: 4,805
Loc: On the Brink of Madness
Re: A weird thought of mine. [Re: pattern]
    #982434 - 10/22/02 11:44 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Sclorch: I'm not well-versed enough in it (and don't care to be... statistics is boring to me) to explain every last friggin' detail.

pattern: evolution isnt statistics, its biology. the origin of species, for example, is all lay theory, not math.

And much of the "proof" of evolution is based in mathematics.  Of course, you would know this if you weren't lying through your teeth about owning "dozens of books on evolution".  Whatever... *gets out of sandbox*

GazzB: Perhaps you need to take your own advice eh?

What?  I've got a fucking BS in Biology (not pulling rank... just fact)... evolution was explicit in MOST (I don't have time to make you a convenient graph, sorry) of my courses and implicit in ALL (minus all non-biology courses, duh :tongue:). 


--------------------
Note: In desperate need of a cure...


Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
OfflineEarth_Droid
Stranger
Registered: 04/19/02
Posts: 5,240
Last seen: 15 years, 1 month
Re: A weird thought of mine. [Re: Metasyn]
    #982534 - 10/22/02 12:37 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

I was under the impression that psychedelics have and do play an important part of mankind and the development of my mind.


Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
OfflineEarth_Droid
Stranger
Registered: 04/19/02
Posts: 5,240
Last seen: 15 years, 1 month
Re: A weird thought of mine. [Re: Sclorch]
    #982596 - 10/22/02 01:11 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

writing it off as a cosmic coincidence is boring.

I disagree. I think meaning only comes from the abyss of randomness.

_______________________________________________________
I also think meaning comes from the abyss of randomness. But all is what reality is, is a bunch of chaotic waves, most people are just too ignorant or scared to admit to that. I beleive order comes from randomness, that means I also think coincidences come from randomness. I like to have control over my reality, and I like to make my own coincidences.
_______________________________________________________

the existence of mushrooms precedes man.

Which species in particular? This is crucial.

IMO apes adapted to use them, and by doing so evolved into man. whether that was genetic or memetic is beside the point.

The locus of selection is of great significance in this case... whether you see it or not. Mushrooms DO NOT interact in the DNA replication (or transcription) process WHATSOEVER. This is a MAJOR discrepancy... I don't see how you can so easily write it off as "beside the point".

_______________________________________________________
Mushrooms as well as other psychedelics allows a glimpse into these higher states of consiousness and allows us to see things from a DNA perspective. From there, it doesn't seem inprobably to say, that from those glimpses I make changes in my life that effects my future. And DNA certainly controls aspects of everday existance, as well as the future. I don't see how you can so easily dismiss this truth.
_______________________________________________________

mckenna got the idea right, but the underlying scientific explanation and research is still missing.

Missing science is an understatement.

_______________________________________________________
I don't know the exact events and times in evolution, but I sure can relate to the idea of mushrooms helping in the cycle of evolution better than any ideas I have heard you offer.

"The seventh brain kicks into action when the nervous system begins to receive signals from WITHIN THE INDIVIDUAL NEURON, from the DNA-RNA dialogue. The first to achieve this mutation spoke of "memories of past lives," "reincarnation," "immortality," etc. That these adepts were recording something real is indicated by the fact that many of them (especially Hindu and Sufis) gave marvelously accurately poetic vistas of evolution 1,000 or 2,000 years before Darwin, and foresaw Superhumanity before Nietzsche."

Here is a quote from Timothy leary describing the seventh circuit of consiousness in the eightfold model of consiousness. And before you go arguing this, just remember this model is only claimed to be a model of reality, not reality itself. I think it does a great job of acting as a model for experience of reality.
_______________________________________________________


Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* The Pineal Gland, LSD and Serotonin Twirling 1,374 10 09/30/03 02:31 AM
by Ped
* Missionaries OrgoneConclusion 857 10 11/13/07 11:39 AM
by Silversoul
* Weird Nature
( 1 2 all )
RebelSteve33 1,874 26 02/09/03 08:49 PM
by shaggy101
* Very weird nightmare.. Looking for any insight.
( 1 2 3 4 all )
THE KRAT BARON
3,114 64 06/09/05 04:13 AM
by THE KRAT BARON
* Weird dream experiences
( 1 2 3 all )
Anonymous 3,536 49 05/27/03 07:16 PM
by fireworks_god
* weird event today, why faith? why?? kaiowas 2,312 13 04/17/04 11:51 PM
by Viaggio
* Un-Private Thread.... YOURS YOURS YOURS YOURS..... ....and, MINE TOO.... PhanTomCat 548 12 02/10/05 10:46 AM
by slaphappy
* weird/cant explain when goin to bed.
( 1 2 all )
shr00m 1,852 23 06/06/03 08:24 AM
by RiderGZ

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Middleman, Jokeshopbeard, DividedQuantum
2,653 topic views. 2 members, 3 guests and 3 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Print Topic | ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2021 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.039 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 16 queries.