Home | Community | Message Board

Kraken Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineLearyfan
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
Cool anti-war posters from bartcop.com
    #976773 - 10/20/02 12:34 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month: The Loose Enz - The Black Door

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleBuddha5254
addict
Re: Cool anti-war posters from bartcop.com [Re: Learyfan]
    #977027 - 10/20/02 02:47 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Awesome Posters!

OfflineLearyfan
Male User Gallery

Re: Cool anti-war posters from bartcop.com [Re: Buddha5254]
    #977108 - 10/20/02 03:20 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Glad you liked them. Check out www.bartcop.com for some other cool stuff. Also, follow the links to those pictures I posted, and change the number of the jpg to see different posters.

--------------------

OfflineViveka
refutation bias
 User Gallery

#981347 - 10/22/02 12:26 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Dude, a few of those are sorta funny, but overall not too impressive.
Particularly the second one down.......

"Vote as you're told"...

Told by whom? All career politicians want you to vote for them......

"Gladly pay your War Tax raises"...

And if these were implemented, it would likely be by democrats.....only pointing this out since the last poster attacks Bush and Co.

"Don't ask questions. About anything."

hahahah........mere rhetoric

"Watch your neighbors. Especially foreign ones."

The idea that Arabs or other people have recently been discriminated against is largely overblown (IMHO). Alot of people talk shit about "towelheads", etc.....but don't have the spine enough to actually take any sort of action. And who says it's a bad idea to be aware?

"Forget what your 401k used to be worth"

Ok, that's just a cheap shot. The economy was on its way down in the spring of 2000, before the current administration was determined, and far before 9/11. What is this poster supposed to be about again???

"Don't worry about the environment"

Once again, what is this poster supposed to be about?........sheeesh

"Remember - Patriotism requires Blind Obedience."

YAAAAAAAYYYY. Let's Destroy America. Burn a flag. Sock a politician. Pee on the Washington Monument. YAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!

Invisiblemr crisper

Re: Cool anti-war posters from bartcop.com [Re: Viveka]
    #981639 - 10/22/02 02:25 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

how about working towards making the us a really great country, that works to promote peace, health and respect for all living beings on this planet?
how about getting rid of the greedy violent criminals in washington?
are these actions anti-american?
if you really love your country why not work to make it a good one?

OfflineViveka
refutation bias
 User Gallery

Re: Cool anti-war posters from bartcop.com [Re: mr crisper]
    #984320 - 10/22/02 09:01 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

"how about working towards making the us a really great country, that works to promote peace, health and respect for all living beings on this planet?"

This is just rhetoric but I will answer it anyway. First of all, I think that in alot of ways, the US is "a really great country" and that we do attempt to promote:

a. Peace: Through our work with the UN (sic) in installing "peace keeping" forces around the world. Granted, this almost never works and usually fails miserably, but the US is the only country that really attempts this. Actually, I hate the UN and I think that the ideal of "promoting peace" is just more rhetoric that doesn't really mean anything. How should this country go about "promoting peace"? Should we go into every country and stand in the way of their internal conflicts? Or should we ship crates of flowers to all the violent regimes around the world who execute and torture their own people?
Are you saying we promote war? And before you answer, would you suggest we just take whatever aggression the world has to offer lying down?
(disclaimer: I do not support the nuclear bombing of Japan, the Korean War, the Vietnam War, or any of the police keeping actions of the last decade.)

Health: Do you have any idea how many billions of Tax Payer dollars go to block- grants and other foreign aid to developing countries as well as our allies? Are you claiming that the US promotes disease around the world?

Respect: How exactly should the US go about "promoting respect" for "all living beings on the planet" Seems like a pretty abstract concept. Are you saying the US promotes disrespect for all beings on the planet.

A note: As our forefathers warned: BEWARE FOREIGN ENTANGLEMENTS
It is not the role of the US to police or doctor the world. Although we do plenty of it anyway........

"how about getting rid of the greedy violent criminals in washington?"

You mean like Clinton? We got rid of him last year. No really, I think there is way to much scandal and smoke from all sorts of murders, drug tafficking, sex scandals around Clinton for anyone to solidly deny that he was not somehow involved in these sorts of things.
Oh, you were referring to GW Bush. Let me guess, the old, he killed more people on death row in Texas bllahblahblah......Ever been to Texas. That's what the people in Texas like. Capital Punishment is legal in Texas. (Not saying I agree). Ok lets remove Bush. Who are you going to replace him with, Jesus? Cause if not I wouldn't count on the next guy being any better than anyone else we've had for the last 50 or 100 years. They were ALL crooked.

"if you really love your country why not work to make it a good one?"

That is such a vague statement it isn't really worth an answer, but.....for the sake of argument:
I was discussing politics with somebody recently who asked me the same question. When I asked him what he proposed we do to make the country a better place he got all righteous and started boasting about how he he had sent all sorts of proposed gun control and welfare handout legislation to congress and how he had recently marched in a pro-abortion rally and a gay rights rally. Now the latter half of that is not gonna make the US a better place since these are social issues which the country cannot agree upon, and the former of these will only serve to further destroy Amerika. If this is what "activism" is supposed to mean I want no part in it.

OfflineLearyfan
Male User Gallery

#1043090 - 11/11/02 12:37 PM (14 years, 27 days ago)

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Political Discussion