Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Boomr Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineronjohn7779
Stranger

Very berry weird monotub colonization (weird color to boot).
    #9766062 - 02/09/09 02:19 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Spawned from nice lovely cakes off a MS LC. Bulk coco coir+blood meal (1 tbls worth). Colonization has been slow its a bit under 2 weeks old. Its brother tub isn't a week old and is way more colonized (90% range and looks over all healthier. Has anyone else seen a tub spawned from cakes look like this. It doesn't look contaminated. The MYC growing is kind of a yellowish white and kind of weird looking. All the growth is weird white spots (imagine broken up cake crumbs). I'm not going to throw out this tub just yet I'll wait till its got a bit more time and for it's replacement grains to colonize. Heres some pics take a look give me some insight.

--------------------
"Lennox Lewis, I'm coming for you man. My style is impetuous. My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat his children. Praise be to Allah!" An American Hero Iron Mike!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleJitsu
JKD Love
Male User Gallery

Re: Very berry weird monotub colonization (weird color to boot). [Re: ronjohn7779]
    #9766130 - 02/09/09 02:31 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

possibly lipstick mold? doesn't look good I'd get that thing out of my house.

--------------------
Do not deny the classical approach, simply as a reaction, or you will have created another pattern and trapped yourself there.

How I get my Pinsets
The Capabilities Of A Shotgun FC

Offlinetalkingwalnut
Stranger

Re: Very berry weird monotub colonization (weird color to boot). [Re: Jitsu]
    #9766165 - 02/09/09 02:35 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

wow looks like the black plague

--------------------

Offlinejohnny_poke
Brownian movement

Loc: Europe
Re: Very berry weird monotub colonization (weird color to boot). [Re: talkingwalnut]
    #9766221 - 02/09/09 02:43 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

talkingwalnut said:

Yeah, I agree. I think you have a bad case of bubonic plague there :rofl2:

--------------------
[quote]But what our scientist does not realize is that every time he makes a measurement, the Flying Spaghetti Monster is there changing the results with His Noodly Appendage.[/quote]

Offlineronjohn7779
Stranger

Re: Very berry weird monotub colonization (weird color to boot). [Re: Jitsu]
    #9766541 - 02/09/09 03:38 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Jitsu said:
possibly lipstick mold? doesn't look good I'd get that thing out of my house.

The red color is just light reflection off the red sides of the tub. The only color the sub is is white and yellow.

--------------------
"Lennox Lewis, I'm coming for you man. My style is impetuous. My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat his children. Praise be to Allah!" An American Hero Iron Mike!

OfflinePsychOfMSE
Out of the loop for too long
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Midwest
Re: Very berry weird monotub colonization (weird color to boot). [Re: ronjohn7779]
    #9766565 - 02/09/09 03:41 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Those are horrid pics, it's hard to tell what's going on there.

Take it to the contam forum or take some clearer pictures.

--------------------
"I think it's impossible to really understand somebody, what they want, what they believe, and not love them the way they love themselves." - Orson Scott Card

Agar's Grain LC Tek <--- Never fool with honey water and contaminated LCs again!
Large_Dose's Ohmatic Monotub Tek
Monstermitch's LC/WBS/Monotub/Casing Tek

OfflineSpongiform
Some Cow
Male User Gallery

Loc: Greener Pastures
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Very berry weird monotub colonization (weird color to boot). [Re: PsychOfMSE]
    #9766576 - 02/09/09 03:42 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Looks normal to me man.  White mycelium + yellow metabolites.

Keep an eye on it and / or get better pics.

--------------------
Spongiform's Plastic Tek - An Alternative to Glass
Spongi's PF Block Tek & Automated Shotgun Project.

Offlinehoudinihar
Adventurous Learner
 User Gallery

Re: Very berry weird monotub colonization (weird color to boot). [Re: Spongiform]
    #9766595 - 02/09/09 03:45 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

johnny_poke
abolutely hilarious comment
Quote:

I think you have a bad case of bubonic plague there

houdinihar

Invisibleviolentjoe0o
eoj
Male User Gallery

Re: Very berry weird monotub colonization (weird color to boot). [Re: Spongiform]
    #9766602 - 02/09/09 03:46 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

I agree wit spongi.

Offlineronjohn7779
Stranger

Re: Very berry weird monotub colonization (weird color to boot). [Re: johnny_poke]
    #9766606 - 02/09/09 03:46 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

johnny_poke said:
Quote:

talkingwalnut said:

Yeah, I agree. I think you have a bad case of bubonic plague there :rofl2:

It doesn't look that bad the first pic was taken through a glass window on top of the mono tub (it looks weird and cloudily because water droplets are present, the second was shot with my camera through a hole in the monotub. I'm thinking its just small MYC growing because of how tiny I broke up the cakes and possibly I didn't use enough spawn (I only had 2 qrts on hand instead of my usual 3). It definitely looks suspicious but not that weird in real life. Like I said I'm going to give this tub a few days to see what happens till its replacement grains colonize. If it looks like a nice sub I'm going to keep it. If its fucked I'll just toss it. This is the reason why I always do two monotubs. At least I always have a fall back plan In any case this is the last time I colonize cakes to bulk. I'd much rather work with grains (shorter colonization times, and less fuss to make). Yeah if this ends up ugly I'm just going to toss it. I only made this tub because I was originally going to birth my cake, but just said fuck it and made a monotub in a day.

--------------------

Offlineronjohn7779
Stranger

#9766663 - 02/09/09 03:55 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

I just opened the tub it's definitely MYC. And as I thought its MYC thats just really tiny covered in a small amount of MYC piss. Thats whats giving it a sort of yellow creamy color. The outer edges of the tub have the small speck like growth minus the yellow MYC piss. I'm still saying this is a quesionable tub, but I'll give it the benefit of the doubt for the next week or so. Or till its replacements are ready.

--------------------

OfflinePsychOfMSE
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #9766675 - 02/09/09 03:56 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

ronjohn7779 said:
I just opened the tub it's definitely MYC. And as I thought its MYC thats just really tiny covered in a small amount of MYC piss. Thats whats giving it a sort of yellow creamy color. The outer edges of the tub have the small speck like growth minus the yellow MYC piss. I'm still saying this is a quesionable tub, but I'll give it the benefit of the doubt for the next week or so. Or till its replacements are ready.

Myc piss is such a disgusting and crude word.  Metabolites anybody?

--------------------
"I think it's impossible to really understand somebody, what they want, what they believe, and not love them the way they love themselves." - Orson Scott Card

Agar's Grain LC Tek <--- Never fool with honey water and contaminated LCs again!

OfflineHallucinogenist
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Very berry weird monotub colonization (weird color to boot). [Re: PsychOfMSE]
    #9766685 - 02/09/09 03:59 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

PsychOfMSE said:
Myc piss is such a disgusting and crude word.

Some might even say it's TWO words.  ^_^

OfflinePsychOfMSE
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Very berry weird monotub colonization (weird color to boot). [Re: Hallucinogenist]
    #9766694 - 02/09/09 04:00 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Hallucinogenist said:
Quote:

PsychOfMSE said:
Myc piss is such a disgusting and crude word.

Some might even say it's TWO words.  ^_^

Smartass :smile:

Meant term, oh shut up...you know what I'm talking about!

--------------------

OfflineHallucinogenist
Stranger
 User Gallery

#9766708 - 02/09/09 04:02 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Yes, I know what you're talking about.  Two words.  :-)

Offlineronjohn7779
Stranger

#9767152 - 02/09/09 05:17 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

PsychOfMSE said:
Quote:

ronjohn7779 said:

Myc piss is such a disgusting and crude word.  Metabolites anybody?

It's just easier to type on my Iphone and I like the word piss. My favorite band is planet piss.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Boomr Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck