Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineRyanleafasaurus
Stranger
Solipsism and synchronicities
    #9764088 - 02/09/09 01:22 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

First off, hey, I'm new to these boards. Moving on:

Throughout my life, I have had a variety of "synchronicities," as I believe they are called. Basically, in these instances, certain objects of my thought that was grasped at one point in time seem to resurface at a later date. Some are so unlikely that I can do nothing but just say "Awh hell naw!" and just force myself to accept that the only possibility is that it is a coincidence.

For instance:

1) In high school, there was this one girl I liked. She did not have a common name. I thought about her a lot, and then I was at a clinic one day I saw a pamphlet with her name on it. It was for a little girl of the same name who was suffering from cancer.

2) I once had an acquaintance who thought my name was "Mike Czech," because my name is Mike and I later told him that I was Czech. Upon walking into a Wal-Mart in another state about a month later, there was some advertisement or something with a guy named Mike Czech on it.

3) I was browsing posts about visiting Japan when someone had talked about how the 2000 Yen bill is exceptionally rare. Less than 5 minutes later, on another board, someone had posted a picture of a 2000 peso bill, even though it wasn't related at all to what anyone would be posting about.

4) An ex of mine, I found out, was good friends with this one guy. I was interested in the hm, occassionally checked his Facebook profile, and talked to him on AIM. One day, his profile was deleted, and then a month later while checking out a local news site I discovered he had killed himself.

There are many, many more. I should be keeping a list of them, but many are much more insane than the ones I have stated.

Does anyone else have these types of things occur? Is it just me?

Many of them have begun to make my paranoid. They are making me arrive at the possibility that I am perhaps the only "real" being in this universe, and that my mental patterns and thoughts "bring out" things in the external world. This is completely silly, right?

Edited by Ryanleafasaurus (02/09/09 01:25 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: SF Bay Area Flag
Re: Solipsism and synchronicities [Re: Ryanleafasaurus]
    #9764106 - 02/09/09 01:29 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

I think everyone experiences synchronicities at some point in their life; I don't think, though, that anybody truly knows their significance, if there even is any.

--------------------
Well I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you to be just like them. --  Bob Dylan
fireworks_god said:
It's one thing to simply enjoy a style of life that one enjoys, but it's another thing altogether to refer to another person's choice as "wrong" or to rationalize their behavior as being pathological or resulting from some sort of inadequacy or failing so as to create a sense of superiority or separation as yet another projection of a personal fear or control issue.

InvisibledeCypher
 User Gallery

#9764122 - 02/09/09 01:37 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Ryanleafasaurus said: They are making me arrive at the possibility that I am perhaps the only "real" being in this universe, and that my mental patterns and thoughts "bring out" things in the external world. This is completely silly, right?

I hope so!

--------------------
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

InvisibleJef
Out-of-work Sex Slave
Male User Gallery

Loc: near Duncan, BC
    #9764128 - 02/09/09 01:40 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

It has been said that we create our own reality.

I think that this is true to some extent, but is not an absolute.

The universe brings us to beings and circumstances that are appropriate to our path.  Other beings are involved in our path, and  it can be for completely different reasons that support the needs of their path. Two parties, same events, different perspectives, different experiences, different lessons.

But they're both real spirits each having their unique human experiences.

--------------------
I am my own lab rat.

Tell me and I will forget. Show me and I will remember.  Involve me and I will learn.

Offlineburgatory
Outlander
Male

Re: Solipsism and synchronicities [Re: Poid]
    #9764162 - 02/09/09 02:00 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Synchronicities have significance, I base this on my personal experience and on the face that Jung has a lot to say about them.

I think they come about because of interconnection. If you imagined this was all one mind, two people thinking about eachother eventually are going to attract eachother. Just because it is what is being willed.

--------------------

Wherever the hero may wander, whatever he may do, he is ever in the presence of his own essence — for he has the perfected eye to see. There is no separateness. Thus, just as the way of social participation may lead in the end to a realization of the All in the individual, so that of exile brings the hero to the Self in all.

joseph campbell

For, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

jesus

InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Solipsism and synchronicities [Re: Jef]
    #9764187 - 02/09/09 02:14 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Jef said:
It has been said that we create our own reality.

I think that this is true to some extent, but is not an absolute.

The universe brings us to beings and circumstances that are appropriate to our path.  Other beings are involved in our path, and  it can be for completely different reasons that support the needs of their path. Two parties, same events, different perspectives, different experiences, different lessons.

But they're both real spirits each having their unique human experiences.

I like that!  :mushroom2:

--------------------
Well I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you to be just like them. --  Bob Dylan
fireworks_god said:
It's one thing to simply enjoy a style of life that one enjoys, but it's another thing altogether to refer to another person's choice as "wrong" or to rationalize their behavior as being pathological or resulting from some sort of inadequacy or failing so as to create a sense of superiority or separation as yet another projection of a personal fear or control issue.

InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Solipsism and synchronicities [Re: burgatory]
    #9764197 - 02/09/09 02:19 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

burgatory said:
Synchronicities have significance, I base this on my personal experience and on the face that Jung has a lot to say about them.

I think they come about because of interconnection. If you imagined this was all one mind, two people thinking about eachother eventually are going to attract eachother. Just because it is what is being willed.

What I meant though is that nobody has complete understanding of the significance of each specific synchronicity, and most of them are probably imagined.

But if you consider that everything is meant to be, then isn't everything a synchronicity?  :shrug:

--------------------
fireworks_god said:

OfflineMokshaIs
everywhereeverpresent

#9764301 - 02/09/09 03:16 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

" then isn't everything a synchronicity? "

yes, like everything is an anything...from a certain perspective...

what lens we look through creates the synch.

less fog on lens, more synch

--------------------
in all of Infinite
there is but One
and it is nOne
ever and always
in every and all ways

InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Solipsism and synchronicities [Re: MokshaIs]
    #9764338 - 02/09/09 03:38 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

MokshaIs said:
" then isn't everything a synchronicity? "

yes, like everything is an anything...from a certain perspective...

what lens we look through creates the synch.

less fog on lens, more synch

How about more fog, more snych? :shrug:

--------------------
fireworks_god said:

Invisiblethedudenj
Man of the Woods

#9764546 - 02/09/09 05:50 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

i think it depends on what kinda fog personally i love fog that shit is awesome. sounds like your synchronicities arnt that fun. like i kinda had one the other day.

i called my friend late night and he invited me up to a party in NY state, after it tho while driving back i called my other old friend i havent seen in a while and it was his sisters birth day i knew it was soon but had no clue when it was, turned out the time i got there it was just right before they cut the cake and sang happy birthday, i actually lead the singing of happy birth day and was that person that kept convo happening so there wasnt a silence its strange like that sometimes

--------------------

"You all are just  puppets... You have no heart...and cannot feel any pain...""
you may think thats pain you feel but you must have a heart to feel true pain and that pain wont be yours

OfflineRealized
Stranger

Re: Solipsism and synchronicities [Re: thedudenj]
    #9770730 - 02/10/09 06:46 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

One of the weirdest I have had was when I looked at some girls myspace that I have never seen or talked to before and thought about sending her a message but didn't. I log back on later that day and have a message from her, hangout a week later, get together. I was missing two teeth and she had 2 extra teeth in the exact same spot.

I am sure I have had many more similar experiences that just stands out the most.

The good days when I still believed in destiny.. and used myspace to meet girls lol.

--------------------
“The person lives most beautifully who does not reflect upon existence” - Friedrich Nietzsche

"Change my mind so much I can't even trust it. My mind changes me so much I can't even trust myself."

InvisibleKukaracha
Cat wannabe
Male User Gallery

Re: Solipsism and synchronicities [Re: Realized]
    #9771260 - 02/10/09 09:47 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

http://www.wimp.com/thesupernatural/

Look at this video, it's pretty nice. Better than typing down the examples he gives.

InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Solipsism and synchronicities [Re: thedudenj]
    #9774798 - 02/10/09 10:05 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

thedudenj said:
i think it depends on what kinda fog personally i love fog that shit is awesome. sounds like your synchronicities arnt that fun. like i kinda had one the other day.

i called my friend late night and he invited me up to a party in NY state, after it tho while driving back i called my other old friend i havent seen in a while and it was his sisters birth day i knew it was soon but had no clue when it was, turned out the time i got there it was just right before they cut the cake and sang happy birthday, i actually lead the singing of happy birth day and was that person that kept convo happening so there wasnt a silence its strange like that sometimes

I've had many experiences that probably were synchronicities, but I don't usually become amazed or baffled by these sort of things; it's just life, and every second of it is amazing and baffling. :thumbup:

--------------------
fireworks_god said:

InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #9774803 - 02/10/09 10:06 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Poid said:
Quote:

thedudenj said:

I've had many experiences that probably were synchronicities, but I don't usually become amazed or baffled by these sort of things; it's just life, and every second of it is amazing and baffling to me. :thumbup:

--------------------
fireworks_god said:

OfflinejivJaN
yes
Male User Gallery

#9776824 - 02/11/09 03:49 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

We are all working together.
We just dont know it.
A synchronicity is an event that signifies the spiritual significance of a thought or action  , before the synchronicity  occurs and is validated by yourself as such.
Btw.. happens to me all the time. Its no longer an issue for debate within me.
I follow this guidance  and it has helped me.
Even a person youve never seen before can go ahead and ask for directions to johns street. You help him out , and think to yourself that you should do this more often.. help people that is. You dont know why.. but it makes you happy.
Then.. your buddy john calls you.

The stranger actually helped you out. He might not even know it consciously.
Everything is connected and only seemingly separated. People.. plants .. animals.. hammers , rocks and water..planets , galaxies , universes.. the whole infinite bundle..

So lets say you really have a buddy john , and what i described above actually happened to you a while ago.
Thats means.. listen to what im saying :smile: It can help.
Just my opinion..
:smile:
Dont be freaking out btw.. your not the only one. Get that out of your head before it distorts you even more. It may seem like your life is a little game set up just for you.
But thats because you let fear get involved .. and then you become a lot more prone to finding these little glitches and start giving significance to mundane events.
Only follow , if you have a really strong feeling about something.
Also.. if you really get in tune with these synchronicities you might just find out that it was you making them. Your higher self that is.
What we like to call "you from the future" ..
Remember.. your in or out.
So if your in.. be prepared to work with some concepts that sound completely bizarre and to deal with events that make you think youve lost your mind !
Just keep it cool.. and learn from the events in your life.
Once an individual starts progressing spiritually and getting involved in these kind of topics it is almost a given that this solipsism idea is given at least a shot.
This is because the individual mind starts realizing the unification and connectedness of all things and still holding on to the left overs of the ego ridden personality , he gives these phenomenon exclusive properties of the self.
Simply a distortion in my opinion...
It is all you.. but not the way you think it is..
You are everything..
So am I..
Together all of us are everything and  nothing.

All is One.

--------------------

---------------------

All my posts in this forum are strictly fictional.
They are derived from an acute mental illness , from which i am forced to lie compulsively.
I have never induced any kind of mind altering substance in my life  and i have no intentions whatsoever of doing anything illegal.
If I have ever suggested such a thing it would have most likely been , due to my personality disorder and i probably do not remember it at all..

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

#9776886 - 02/11/09 04:45 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

when you are attuned to something, the natural relations (to this thing) in your mind will surface vigorously at the slightest trigger.
you will notice similarities to the thing to which you are attuned.
A partial match is enough to bring it back.
Memory matching is like resonance, and just as tuning forks at the same wavelength will excite eachother, when we have strong recognition or strong recall we become resonant, which will be a bit emotional.

this is the kicker, resonance which starts emotion, increases resonance, so you get feedback, which can easily make a simple thing seem to be much more meaningful than it is.

the truth is that you start tripping on emotional and resonant feedback, and as anyone can tell you - tripping is more real than real.

so, yeah, something is really going on, but it is mind state that is going on, not power flux or karma or something evil and spooky.

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

OfflineNoteworthy
Sophyphile
 User Gallery

Re: Solipsism and synchronicities [Re: redgreenvines]
    #9777891 - 02/11/09 12:08 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

did the dude, asking for john street, force your friend john to call you? or did the dude ask yOU because the energy of your friend john about to call you was eminating from your direction? how can you tell the difference between a meaningful or a non-meaningful coincidence? are all coincidences meaningful? What about the inescapable fact that with billions of people on earth, unnasociated events will occur that happen to appear related in ways that they actually arent? given that coincidences mUSt occur in a world with as many factors as ours, how does one distinguish the real deal?

--------------------

InvisibleRecondicom
Power of four
 User Gallery

#9778033 - 02/11/09 12:52 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Single neurons and primate behavior.
  The underlying risk in multichannel recordings (psychedelics) is that one sacrifices quality for the sake of quantity. Synaptic activation can take many different routes. The chemical activation could result in Dromomania or the insane impulse to wander. However, neurons recording is actually the mechanism responsible for behavior… an unknown activation could result in the calculations necessary for an event like synchronicity. Well documented is the custom (Apache) of finding the cure (warrior wounded) in the same spot where the wound occurred.  The Apache rituals included psychedelics. Naturally, this is also connected to the psychology and ways of the Apache warrior.

--------------------
Wave.
'And for this reason repentance (metanoia) is an elevating means. For he who feels impatience with the circunstances in which he finds himself, devises means of escape.
  Now the chief thing in purification is the will. For then both deeds and words lend a helping hand. But, when the will is absent, the whole purificatory discipline of initiation is...'

OfflinejivJaN
yes
Male User Gallery

Re: Solipsism and synchronicities [Re: Noteworthy]
    #9779081 - 02/11/09 03:49 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Noteworthy said:
did the dude, asking for john street, force your friend john to call you? or did the dude ask yOU because the energy of your friend john about to call you was eminating from your direction? how can you tell the difference between a meaningful or a non-meaningful coincidence? are all coincidences meaningful? What about the inescapable fact that with billions of people on earth, unnasociated events will occur that happen to appear related in ways that they actually arent? given that coincidences mUSt occur in a world with as many factors as ours, how does one distinguish the real deal?

I believe everything happens for a reason.
I dont know if this will come out right.. but i dont think the question is what  the real deal is , rather it is more important to distinguish the message behind the event.
Its a matter of changing your focus.
Its more like "john" was influenced by 10 other people before he headed to johns street to find his long lost father.And those ten people were influenced by their own little dozen..
Its literally like we are all working together.
I was listening to a radio show last night where this guy with a medical degree does hypno-therapy and past life regression.
He had a patient that had a really bad feeling around one of his co-workers and started getting pain in the stomach area.
The conventional doctors had no answer so he gave this guy a shot.
He regressed him and it turned out that his co-worker had actually killed him during the medieval times by running a sword through his stomach.
They call this "soul recognition" .
Another interesting thing this hypnotherapist said is that many of his patients report hundreds if not thousands of past lives.
This might sound irrelevant to the topic but i think it has a part in explaining these synchronistic  occurrences.
We are all telepathically sharing our experiences and if you include the past and the future to the point where you start doubting the existence of time in general , the mystery begins to reveal itself even more.
Another important factor , i believe , is the veiling between the conscious and the subconscious mind.
This planet has been called an experiment many times and this isnt for no reason.
I believe our own galaxy set up a curriculum more suitable for striving and learning in which this veiling is a very dominant notion and very important to overcome as much as we can/want.
If most people attempted to break down this wall , we would come to realize that these "coincidences" were very much planned out by ourselves as indicators that something about our perception of this "reality" isnt quite working.
They would no longer be synchronicities .. just communication.

--------------------

---------------------

All my posts in this forum are strictly fictional.
They are derived from an acute mental illness , from which i am forced to lie compulsively.
I have never induced any kind of mind altering substance in my life  and i have no intentions whatsoever of doing anything illegal.
If I have ever suggested such a thing it would have most likely been , due to my personality disorder and i probably do not remember it at all..

InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #9780550 - 02/11/09 07:43 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

redgreenvines said:
when you are attuned to something, the natural relations (to this thing) in your mind will surface vigorously at the slightest trigger.

This is essentially what I was getting at earlier.  :mushroom2:

--------------------
fireworks_god said:

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom