Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineexzile
PROFESSOR OF MYCOLOGY
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
how come no humidity?
    #9762144 - 02/08/09 07:05 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

i have a casing inside a tote with 2inch of soaked perlite and im gettin no water droplets on the side, wats the reason? should i fill it up with water at the bottor or something? 2 many holes in the top?

--------------------
Something something

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineozzysmygod
Late Night PC'ing Enthusiast
 User Gallery

Re: how come no humidity? [Re: exzile]
    #9762158 - 02/08/09 07:08 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

it could be too many holes in the top. How big are the holes? are they stuffed with polyfill?

Offlineexzile
PROFESSOR OF MYCOLOGY
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: how come no humidity? [Re: ozzysmygod]
    #9762170 - 02/08/09 07:10 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

no, im guessing becuz of the lid has that air space in it when it closes, like most totes that do.

--------------------
Something something

InvisibleShroominit
Part Time Mycologist

Folding@home Statistics
    #9762178 - 02/08/09 07:12 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

I'm guessing it's from the temps inside and out being the same... which makes humidity possible, but no condensation.

Use a hygrometer.

NO standing water.

Offlineveda_sticks
Cultivator
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: UK Flag
    #9762180 - 02/08/09 07:12 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

How many times do wee need to say it. condensation is not an indication of humidity.

If you have built your FC as detailed at

www.mushroomvideos.com - terrarium tek

then you will have atleast 90%rh

Condensation happens when the inside temp is higher than the outside, causing moisture to condense on the cooler walls. It does not mean high humidity

--------------------

PF TEK - writeup by EvilMushroom666
Lets Grow Mushrooms - RogerRabbit & RoadKills website with sample videos plus the full PF TEK video series. Alot of great information - BUY THE DVD
Cakes can and will pin! - So you think cakes suck for pins. Your wrong
Franks Simple Coir/Verm Tek
Franks Proper Pasturisation Tek
Franks Spawning To Bulk - Monotub
Professor Pinheads RTV Injection Port Tek
Foo Mans No Soak WBS Prep Tek

OfflineHippieChick
Chicks can do it too!
Female User Gallery

Loc: Midwest
Trusted Cultivator
Re: how come no humidity? [Re: veda_sticks]
    #9762189 - 02/08/09 07:15 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

At least once more,lol:grin:

Peace,Love and Happiness
:heart: HC :mushroom2:

--------------------
Peace,Love and Happiness
:heart: HC :mushroom2:

Freedoms just another word for nothing left to lose..............

I LUV My Greenhouse
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/5545848#5545848

My First Pans
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/6212058#6212058

Offlinefr33d0mfry
Ghettorig Guru
Male User Gallery

#9762198 - 02/08/09 07:16 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

exzile said:
i have a casing inside a tote with 2inch of soaked perlite and im gettin no water droplets on the side, wats the reason? should i fill it up with water at the bottor or something? 2 many holes in the top?

A. Condensation does not equal humidity, as a matter of fact, condensation is essentially the death of humidity. You want your moisture in the air, not on the sides of the tub. Condensation on the side of the tub is related to the differential between the temperature of the warmer vapor inside the tub and the cooler walls of the tub.

B. Could be altitude or just very low RH in your area, check your local weather site and look at the humidity, if its dryer than 40%-50% RH in your area and grow room, you'll most likely need more than perlite for humidity. I've gotten only perlite to work here when the RH in the room was under 20%, but It was about a bitch and a half.

--------------------
I am the first person to admit that I'm wrong about something, If I post anything misinforming or misleading, do not hesitate to call me out on it. IF I'm actually wrong, that is. I usually wont post something unless i know it to be 100% true, but mistakes happen.
If you try to tell me i'm wrong about something im positive of, i will argue with you until you stop breathing.

Offlineexzile
PROFESSOR OF MYCOLOGY
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: how come no humidity? [Re: fr33d0mfry]
    #9762394 - 02/08/09 07:51 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

thanks guys.

--------------------
Something something

Offlinefr33d0mfry
Ghettorig Guru
Male User Gallery

#9763270 - 02/08/09 10:29 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

exzile said:
thanks guys.

No problem.
A quick, easy, and relatively cheap solution to your humidity problem(if it is in fact caused by low RH in your grow room) is to just put a coolmist humidifier in the grow room and run it 24/7, it has helped me out a lot in the past.
An Ultrasonic Humidifier will do the job better, producing much more humidity than most coolmists, but they have a tendency to soak carpets and cause condensation on walls if left on for extended periods of time, the mist from an ultrasonic is very thick and saturated with water, so it sinks quite quickly, if you choose to use an ultrasonic for its superior humidifying abilities(vs. coolmist) i recommend that you run a fan in the room kind of pointing at an upwards angle directly at the ultrasonic from maybe 3 feet away, it seems to help disperse the humidity more evenly, by circulating the mist around the room more before it has a chance to sink and soak into your carpet(or condense on your floor if you don't have carpet).

Both ultrasonics and coolmist humidifiers can be found for very cheap at thrift stores on occasion, otherwise you can find them at almost any retail store, usually ranging in price from 20$-100$

I picked up a v400 at walgreens for 25$
And a really nice ultrasonic(don't remember the brand off the top of my head) at walmart for 35$

All in all, if you're fruiting mushrooms, humidifiers are a good investment, whether they be in your four tier greenhouse, or just in the same room with your little shotgun fc(or anything in between), they help out a ton.

--------------------
I am the first person to admit that I'm wrong about something, If I post anything misinforming or misleading, do not hesitate to call me out on it. IF I'm actually wrong, that is. I usually wont post something unless i know it to be 100% true, but mistakes happen.
If you try to tell me i'm wrong about something im positive of, i will argue with you until you stop breathing.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates