Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleCognitive_Shift
CS actual
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: What happens when you watch a movie on mushrooms? [Re: NardDog]
    #9760444 - 02/08/09 01:50 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

NardDog said:
What happens when you watch a movie on mushrooms?

You watch a movie on shrooms.

--------------------
L'enfer est plein de bonnes volontés et désirs

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblemeatman
Goner
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Underwater Lake
Re: What happens when you watch a movie on mushrooms? [Re: rhyumavampire]
    #9760459 - 02/08/09 01:54 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

well it definitely depends on what type of movie you are going to watch. personally I find movies that aren't too complicated (simple plot lines) to be best. Some favorites of mine include Narnia, speed racer, any concert dvds and all Planet Earth episodes.

I always try to select a movie that has an upbeat storyline so I don't set myself up for a bad trip, if I end up taking too much. Sometimes mushrooms will surprise you.

As people have said above, it can be tough when the plot line is difficult to follow, even sober. I find colors pop more, soundtracks sound way better, and what little visuals I get are usually pretty good.

--------------------
"I don't do drugs. I am drugs." -Dali
Everything I post is a complete fabrication made for your entertainment.

InvisibleDrugsRbadMkay
pin
Male User Gallery

Loc: My Happy Place
Re: What happens when you watch a movie on mushrooms? [Re: clemens]
    #9760717 - 02/08/09 02:43 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

A couple years ago I ate 4 grams in some chocolates and thought freddy vs jason was explaining the meaning of life, then I got distracted because it felt like ultra-clean, cool water was pouring out of my head and down my face, but whenever i touched my face it was dry,
so put my hat over my face and then realized that I could still see the movie and this freaked me out, I thought I was seeing the TV with my mind, but the people I was with pointed out that I was looking through one of those tiny vent holes in the top of my baseball cap.

--------------------
:dizope:

Offlinetempingasashaman
\\\\\\\\////////\\\\\\\\
 User Gallery

Loc: under the rainbow
Re: What happens when you watch a movie on mushrooms? [Re: DrugsRbadMkay]
    #9760806 - 02/08/09 03:05 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

I went to the theater on Friday and saw Notorious. I had eaten like ~+2 grams of some mushrooms and the theater itself was much better than the movie. The big screen, the drapes on the sides of the walls, THE CARPET. Yeah, the carpet kicked that movies ass.

--------------------
the greatest use of life is to spend it on something that will outlast it

OfflinePlatinum
Psychonautical Engineer
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: New York Flag
    #9760827 - 02/08/09 03:11 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

ive seen journey to the center of the earth in 3d, and chronicles of narnia 2 both tripping. it makes every movie fucking :awesome: - and esp. those 2 movies cuz it was all fantasy like. fucking great movies to trip to.

InvisibleRoggen_Rocker
Strangler
Male

Loc: Europe
Re: What happens when you watch a movie on mushrooms? [Re: Platinum]
    #9760877 - 02/08/09 03:20 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

I don't really know about movies but I wouldn't recommend just watching TV on shrooms. When I did that once I started believing in conspiracies going on because all the channels where connected somehow and trying to manipulate me... well TV is kinda manipulating somehow but not that brainwashing way I experianced till I could bring myself to shut it off.

After that I took a walk in a raging thunderstorm and build a sandcastle at the beach. After I came back all covered in water and sand I felt better.

Offlineronjohn7779
Stranger

#9760983 - 02/08/09 03:38 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

I'm either totally engrossed with the video or I just can't pay attention. Its just one or the other.

--------------------
"Lennox Lewis, I'm coming for you man. My style is impetuous. My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat his children. Praise be to Allah!" An American Hero Iron Mike!

OfflineChairmanMeow
Just strange, thanks.
 User Gallery

Loc: The Day-Glo Forest
    #9761061 - 02/08/09 03:54 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

dude, i wish i could *make* a movie as good as the visuals on mushrooms.

--------------------
Monday Night Weirdness! Episode 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10

"The road of excess leads to the palace of wisdom."
- William Blake, Proverbs of Hell from The Marriage of Heaven and Hell.

InvisibleLand_Crab
NeuroticPsychonaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: U.S.
    #9761368 - 02/08/09 04:49 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

NardDog said:
Can anyone do their best to describe your experience watching movies on mushrooms? What exactly happens? What about for a "trippy" movie?

Everything is exaggerated so the quality and nature of the film tend to thrust themselves to the very forefront of your awareness.  As usual, dose, setting, mindset, and experience directly affect your sensitization to the content of the film which in turn lays out a rough trajectory for your reactions to follow for its duration--though there's still a good deal of unpredictability within certain bounds.  A bad film can seem like the worst movie of all time while a good film can seem like the best ever.  The characters can seem utterly 2-dimensional and cartoonish or so real and compelling that you identify with them in the most profound and personal way.  The general reactions of boredom, entertainment, interest, provocation, and the like are heightened and a bit distorted so a bland, tepid, or uninteresting film has you fumbling for the power button in 12 minutes when you might otherwise sit it out -- whereas an engrossing film can suck you in to the point of virtual hypnosis.
Trippy or highly unconventional/provocative films are usually more so, provided you're not distracted by your surroundings or by yourself.  A 'psychedelic'-type film can elicit all kinds of reactions because it's tapping a lot of the nerves already attuned to receive it after taking a psychedelic hallucinogen.  On the other hand, more conventional films can be perceived and assimilated in a completely different light under the influence of psychedelics, for better or worse.

Offlinechamp
pudding pop
 User Gallery

Loc: unknown trashscape
    #9762710 - 02/08/09 08:45 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

It's mostly pretty boring to watch movies on shrooms, but I am not that into movies so that's probably just me.

The best movie I ever watched tripping was the theatrical release of the Blade Runner director's cut about a year ago. It was utterly spectacular, so much so that I wish there was a theater where Blade Runner was always playing and I could go watch it whenever I wanted...

Easy Rider is another good one, it's actually much better tripping than sober I think. Very Intense.

But most movies I end up closing my eyes and wandering off, it can also be a bit weird to be in the theater and conscious of being in a crowd of people reacting emotionally to the film, etc.

InvisibleLanc3r117
Rain
Male User Gallery

Loc: PNW
    #9762944 - 02/08/09 09:26 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

I u

Edited by Lanc3r117 (12/10/09 01:30 PM)

OfflineRazor3lade
Dream-Scape
Male User Gallery

Loc: Philly
Re: What happens when you watch a movie on mushrooms? [Re: Lanc3r117]
    #9763222 - 02/08/09 10:20 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

On acid I feel as if I have the emotions of some characters at times and I get really into the movie. On shrooms im usually way to fucked up and confused to tell whats going on. Although I did watch the Oblongs on a light dose of shrooms and finally picked up on a lot of the humor.

--------------------

Offlinechronosync
kicked the habit. shed my skin.

#9764049 - 02/09/09 01:07 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

i once got glued to the tube on a pretty good dose.....
too bad my friends were watching TRACES OF DEATH.
had the pleasure to endure all kinds of filmed atrocities while tripping face.
couldnt move, couldnt stop watching, couldnt know how to feel.
i survived though, with no major signs of mental illness now or then.
it was fine. just *lilbit SCARY AS FUCK.
but only at the time.

hahahaaha
ill never forget that though. deathmetal music and just fucking BODIES all blown apart on a battlefield ON A SCREEN while i'm totally SPUN.
damn that was cool!
(not recommended for the faint of heart)
or anyone else for that matter

-peace

Offlineshroomerian
soul explorer
Male User Gallery

Loc: Hyperspace
    #9764192 - 02/09/09 02:17 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Russian Ark. Weird movie...but great piece of work. Light story,positive and visuall above all. Get it in hd and ill guarantee u'll be impressed.  I'm not a fan of watching movies trippin' but this one is a great experience while doing  shrooms.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0318034/

Offlinespong

Loc: Australia
Re: What happens when you watch a movie on mushrooms? [Re: shroomerian]
    #9764343 - 02/09/09 03:42 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Hmm, i recall a few movies while i have tripped, there isnt too much point to them though, if your tripping really hard nothing makes sense, I remember watching kung foo panda and not having the slightest clue what was going on, just watching the colors move and their faces warp.
I'd watch something less serious and animated if i had to choose another one, monsters inc. was pretty incredible on a very high dose.

--------------------

^^^The above post is entirely fictional.^^^

Offlineyageman
already dead
 User Gallery

Re: What happens when you watch a movie on mushrooms? [Re: spong]
    #9764644 - 02/09/09 06:55 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

I tried to watch kids in the hall(amazing show) on the come up of a 5 gram trip just to see what would happen.
I usually take tripping so seriously, and this just seemed like a good idea.
  Like in dreams with the tv on, my mind made up stories that were influenced by the spoken word on the show.

It was a totally different show, and it had all sorts of meaning that started to blow my mind and at some point I was fully tripped out and realized how weird it all was and then I went outside for about 5 hours.

It was a completely different show.
I basically was not watching tv, I was creating a story thats never been told.

I have had this happen when listening to music as well.
The music became words and elaborate stories, epiphany's, and life lessons.
In this case, words in english took on a whole new meaning.

Suddenly, kids in the hall became much more meaningful.

I could never watch a full movie while tripping and probably wont do this ever again.
But it was really interesting.

I dont think paying attention is key.

--------------------
[quote]Me_Roy said:
You moron. Material is material is material.  No 'thing' fixes any situation.  If anything were so simple we would be living in a much better world.[/quote] <-----the dumbest thing I have ever read in my life.
Thanks shroomery.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract