Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineGahr
Stranger
Simple casing question
    #9754604 - 02/07/09 11:58 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Alright as it stands right now I have 2 fully colonized of these:

And while at the store I figured I might want to try casing since I have 12 normal half pint cakes going, but 2 of these big plastic pints ready.  So I got some of these:

Now Im gonna turn one of the plastic pints into a giant cake, however I want to try casing the other one.  Any suggestions as to a SIMPLE casing I can do?  Ive read about coir and 50/50+ but I dont want anything fancy.  Could I just do a layer of some sub, then some verm in those trays I bought and throw them in my FC?  FC is a shotgun by the way.  Any suggestions to a SIMPLE first time case would be appreciated.  Also I have verm already so if I dont have to go buy anything else thats a plus :laugh:.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisible13shroomsM
Lightning Shaman
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: IN ETHERS TORSION FIELD
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Simple casing question [Re: Gahr]
    #9754918 - 02/07/09 01:14 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

a casing is supposed to be non-nutrious  so IMO I would use a thin sprinkle of field capacity(might get a drip if u squeeze kinda hard) vermiculite.  1/4" layer would be sufficient.

then just mist it to retain moisture and fan for FAE several times a day as needed.

then theirs a jiffy mix casing tek on here some where Ive heard works fine also, I just dont have experience w/that.

--------------------
:takingnotes:A M U:helpdesk:
Click here ^ for the AMU forum
VVV AMUs Free Active/Edible/Exotic Spore Print or Syringe or Edible Culture Trade Thread VVV
"Man is the sex organ of the machine world" ~  Marshall McLuhan

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix