Home | Community | Message Board

HighDesertSpores.com
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinenubious
1up on the rest

Loc: Canada
Re: Eminem and spirituality?? [Re: MAIA]
    #979851 - 10/21/02 02:53 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

If Eminem does have some sort of agenda, I sure hope it's one where he rips apart the economy so fierce that the people in positions of power are so thrown off, they stay stunned for years, government falters, all hell breaks loose, and all systems are forced to be rebuilt better than ever before.

Satan? I don't think so... Son of God? Laughably enough, I'd have to admit I feel it's a possibility....
He *IS* wearing all white when the rest of his 'crew' is wearing all black in that one video.. can't remember the name though...

Anyways... In my opinion, Eminem is the Einstein of today's music industry. If kids are taking his music the wrong way, then they probably aren't old enough to be listening to it in the first place, in which I think the blame falls onto the parents.

that's just my opinion

--------------------
No one knows the worth of innocence till he knows it is gone forever, and that money can't buy it back. Not the saint, but the sinner that repenteth, is he to whom the full length and breadth, and height and depth, of life's meaning is revealed. Good and evil loose all objective meaning and are seen as equally necessary and contrasting elements in the masterpiece that is the universe.

Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: On the Brink of Madness
Re: Eminem and spirituality?? [Re: MAIA]
    #979853 - 10/21/02 02:53 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Actually... I think Manson has a positive message in many of his songs (haven't heard them all though).

--------------------
Note: In desperate need of a cure...

OfflineKemist
Soul ComponentsPrototype IssueM11983MF50 (x_x)

Loc: The Orgin
Re: Eminem and spirituality?? [Re: Sclorch]
    #979889 - 10/21/02 03:13 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

how is he a genious

dre's the puppet master

dre's puppet master is the label

if theres any genious here its the old white guy smoking his cuban ... banging his secretary

the man dosn't do anything but gather 70% to 80% of eminem's profits ... thats genious

--------------------
Rafa (x_X)

fuck a sig

Offlineekomstop
Male User Gallery

Re: Eminem and spirituality?? [Re: Kemist]
    #980058 - 10/21/02 04:30 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

how is he a genious? listen to his lyrics. i dont see how anyone who has truly listened to his words could disagree hes obviously alot more creative then the average person.

"Eminem in my opinion is a complete piece of garbage. Think about all the kids that are getting the messages that he coveys. Somebaody should just assassinate him. "

what? do you think 'kids' listening to nsync and britney spears is much better? your very ignorant. sure maybe 'some' kids shouldnt really listen to some of his music..but thats their parents problem. not yours, not mine, not his. "Somebody should just assassinate him" ... *sigh*
maybe you should try listening to the song 'stan'.. or any other of his songs for that matter.

i agree with nubious that eminem is the einstein of todays music industry. he is.

Edited by ekomstop (10/21/02 04:45 PM)

OfflineBlastrid
e l e m e n t al i t y
 User Gallery

Loc: The Desert
Re: Eminem and spirituality?? [Re: ekomstop]
    #980093 - 10/21/02 04:42 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

There are millions of alternatives to eminem, other than britney and nsync. i wouldn't start calling him ignorant...
if he can flow or not, he's an asshole, leading impressionable kids to hate their parents and get in fights and shit. ha, he shouldn't be killed tho. I have no problem with him making music, and STRIVING SO HARD for attention, thus money.. I just wish people had better insight into good music and good people. which eminem is neither.
it's a shame he's getting exactly what he wants. he pisses people off, he gets more attention, he gets more money. now if people would just ignore him, i'm sure he'd go insane and hopefully take dre with him.

--------------------
Blas'?trid (bl?s tr?d)
    n.  3rd generation derivitave of a combination of 'bastard' and 'blasted'.  Used as both an insult or an expletive.
    ex.  Blastrid!

Stereopattern  <--My music.

InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Eminem and spirituality?? [Re: ekomstop]
    #980129 - 10/21/02 04:54 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I think a better choice than Eminem would be Jurassic 5.
Talent with a message.
Also...
The Roots, Mos Def, there's a few others (I'm not so into hip hop/rap/whatever... so I'm rather ignorant in this area).

--------------------

Anonymous

Post deleted by Moe Howard [Re: nubious]
    #980130 - 10/21/02 04:54 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Eminem and spirituality?? [Re: ]
    #980139 - 10/21/02 04:57 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

He'll be gone in a year or so... just like Limp Bisquick (thank god!).

--------------------

Offlinepostanaldrip
human alien
Male
Loc: Earth
Re: Eminem and spirituality?? [Re: nubious]
    #980245 - 10/21/02 05:43 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Everybody needs to stop giving this size 27 clown shoe attention. Its the reason his ego is the size of Montana. As for him being some sort of "lyrical genius" thats just a fucking joke. Any pissed off 20 year old can rhyme 4 letter words. His tone never chages. You want lyrical genius, pay close attention to Incubus and Tool.

--------------------
"It's not until we've lost everything, that we're free to do anything." TDFC

OfflineChubbSubb
Zen Lunatic

Loc: Here.
    #980251 - 10/21/02 05:46 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

He is a teen idol that will pass soon with time.

--------------------
Those who know do not speak.
Those who speak do not know.

Invisibledee_N_ae
\/\/¡†¢h |-|øµ§³ ¢å†
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Shadow of Neptune
    #980254 - 10/21/02 05:47 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

"The Roots, Mos Def, there's a few others (I'm not so into hip hop/rap/whatever... so I'm rather ignorant in this area). "

I wouldn't say you're ignorant in this area. 
Just knowing who Jurassic 5, The Roots and Mos Def are and what they're about shows you know more about hip hop than the average Jay-Z fan (where I'm from anyway....).
Hip hop is sadly misunderstood by most people thanks to MTV.

The first musical group was a rap group I guarantee it.  :laugh:

InvisibleIn(di)go
People of the sun.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Cologne, Germany
Re: Eminem and spirituality?? [Re: johnnyfive]
    #980317 - 10/21/02 06:21 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

if he was spiritual, he wouldnt be dissing moby... or anyone for that matter... and he would behave differently, imo...
also, he wouldnt have to play the "tough guy" every time he gives an interview or is in public... he would just be himself... and lose the ego... he is talented, admitted... but he could do more than what hes doing...

--------------------

Edited by Lozt Soul (10/21/02 06:32 PM)

InvisibleIn(di)go
People of the sun.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Cologne, Germany
Re: Eminem and spirituality?? [Re: postanaldrip]
    #980332 - 10/21/02 06:29 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

In reply to:

You want lyrical genius, pay close attention to Incubus and Tool.

amen!

--------------------

InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Eminem and spirituality?? [Re: dee_N_ae]
    #980336 - 10/21/02 06:35 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I wouldn't say you're ignorant in this area.
Well that's good to know.

This is one of the reasons why I'm not into hip hop. When it stops being popular, I can give it the proper attention... it's easier to find the treasure when the muck settles.

--------------------

OfflineGrav
 User Gallery

#980467 - 10/21/02 07:41 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

poor limp bizkit... their first CD showed some real potential.

all i gotta say about eminem is he seems very honest, which is a hell of alot more than i can say for alot of the shit out there...
i can kind of get into his groove sometimes, but yea... he's a slave to the $ like every other artist thats big.

i like to maybe think of him as a very angry 1st grade kid with some real hidden creative potential if only he'd chill out a little bit. but then again, even if he did or IS chilled out, then we'd never hear it on the records cuz thats not whats makin the $$$.

yea, then theres groups like Tool that captivate your spirit so greatly that of course your gonna go buy the CD... so that solves their problem.. theyre just living off the flow of what people like.. if they werent so popular, i guarantee theyd be doing the same thing anyways... some things are just a million times more valuable that cash.

OfflineKemist
Soul ComponentsPrototype IssueM11983MF50 (x_x)

Loc: The Orgin
    #980470 - 10/21/02 07:43 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

yeah but thats a good thing. tool is a very good band and have no help from MTV. i mean there is so much hip hop out there that IS good music its a shame the MTV generation groups them all together.

eminem lyrical genious .... PLEASE!

i have lived hip hop for the last 10 years and when i hear things like this it really does make me sad. i do believe in to each his own but to call him a genious .... please look a little deeper the your bestbuys, targets, and tower records for hip hop.

zion 1
the grouch
living legends
talib kweli
hi tek
mos def
the roots
krs one
nas
souls of mischief
hieroglyphics
slum village
scarub
saukrates
blueprint
pharoahe monch
people under the stairs
peanut butter wolf
necro
mystic journeyman
mr lif
mf doom
jedi mind tricks
gangstarr
eligh
de la soul
a tribe called quest
aceyalone
aseop rock
cannibol ox

.... and theres much more to add. if you want to listen to good music turn off the radio and dont listen to MTV!

--------------------
Rafa (x_X)

fuck a sig

Anonymous

Re: Eminem and spirituality?? [Re: Grav]
    #980474 - 10/21/02 07:44 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I hated Eminem since the beginning. Then I checked out his new CD. I loved it. It seems like a parody of all that rap stands for. Limp Bizkit, on the other hand, always has sucked and always will. PRIMUS FOREVER!

OfflineGrav
 User Gallery

Re: Eminem and spirituality?? [Re: Anonymous]
    #980508 - 10/21/02 07:59 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

i liked three dollar bill alot
cool instrumentals
it flowed

i think everything else they ever made was fuckin lame.

Offlinenubious
1up on the rest

Re: Eminem and spirituality?? [Re: Blastrid]
    #981309 - 10/22/02 12:17 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I just wish people had better insight into good music and good people. which eminem is neither.

I find it amusing that so many people are willing to offer their negative opinions on a matter with which they have no experience in the field to base there statement on. It's like how everyone is willing to enlighten you with how to make your money cover all your needs, and yet they themself admit to not having enough.

Bah. I don't have time for people like this.

--------------------
No one knows the worth of innocence till he knows it is gone forever, and that money can't buy it back. Not the saint, but the sinner that repenteth, is he to whom the full length and breadth, and height and depth, of life's meaning is revealed. Good and evil loose all objective meaning and are seen as equally necessary and contrasting elements in the masterpiece that is the universe.

Offlinejohnnyfive
Burning withCircles!
Loc: Hell
Re: Eminem and spirituality?? [Re: nubious]
    #981493 - 10/22/02 01:20 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Oh come on!

In the bible jesus, says "nobody, will can point to christ(means quit looking for a long haired dude to float down from heaven), for the coming of christ will be found in YOU!" God in self, and the anti-christ is a man who DOESN'T want you to know that YOUR A GOD IN AMMENISA, sounds funny eh? No i don't think eminem is the son of god, but he's talking about God in self, and thats closer to the truth then say a christian?

Thats just my way of looking at it.

"- millions of pac listenas/ your comin' with me feel it, or not your gonna fear it like i showed you the spirit of god lives in us "

Eminem trying to bring shock value to it critical mass, religons created our taboos. Come on shroomery, i understand he's awful negative, and its disgusting the way he talks about women, BUT he believes in god inself, not god=external. I KNOW many of you guys believe that god inself right?

Oh course the best thing about the shroomery is were all are idealist of theory!

YES eminem has a plan. His plan is:

"A visionary, vision is scary, could start a revolution, pollutin the air waves a rebel"

TO START A REVOLUTION, something that been in dyer need FOR A LONG TIME. But were to comfortable, with our budwiser, and our football. All though i don't even think an american revolution would topple the New World Order, but anyways yes he does have a plan.

He's bonding the white and black races, cus in america racism has aways been an issue, but eminem is saying fuck that you can both agree on rap?

There truely is some deep philisophy (i can't spell :grin:), and spirtuallity to eminem.

--------------------
And the gameshow host rings the buzzer (brrnnntt) oh and now you get a face full of face!

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order