Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinemutant
Cynic
Gymnopilus spectabilis ( junonius ) retrospective discussion
    #9552787 - 01/05/09 06:09 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Hello all!

First post here in the shroomery, even if I have been lurking sometime.

I already saw there is lots of scattered information on Gymnopilus spectabilis in various threads, and will comment there promptly, but I would like to hear any retrospective data on this mushroom.

1. One thing I cant understand comes from misidentifications. I am quite experienced in picking edibles, so I know my fair bit in IDing. G. spectabilis, is named such obviously because its a characteristic mushroom. So, I cant see much space with misdentifications, at least for someone basically skilled for a proper ID and surely for the scientifical research that has already been compiled from Stamet in his Psilocybin mushrooms of the world.

In that report, european specimens seem inactive wheras japan or east us or canada specimens do proove active. According to anecdotal reports from e-dot [e-dot discussion] this west/east coast vartiability does confirm.

Now, does anyone have heard reports from confirmed G.spectabilis specimen active in europe??

I will be going for hunting these days, and hope I will find more again.
I should note that the material I have gathered so far were young [like this picture] ones and the second batch greened/blued a bit during drying in the dehydrator.

Also in what kind of wood do people find them in? maybe the substrate plays a role with activity? Did other people notive them potentially more active when young?

2. I also found some comment I made earlier in e-dot, about G.vetricosus ... I have since found the mushroom several times learned what makes it spectabilis and also confirmed its identity as G.spectabilis with an expert. Again, any reports from europe?

===========

Thats all for now, I hope I dont repeat too much of has been said lately... and since its my first post, heres a photo of my latest work, cacti grafting

Edited by mutant (01/24/09 07:37 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineAlan RockefellerM
Mycologist
Male User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
Re: Gymnopilus spectabilis ( junonius ) retrospective discussion [Re: mutant]
    #9552825 - 01/05/09 06:16 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Any greening/bluing Gymnopilus will be active. 

Take some good pics and document them the best you can!

Offlinegandalf579
Mushroom Hunter
Male
    #9552857 - 01/05/09 06:20 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

First off, welcome to the forums. Secondly, none of your pics work, they just bring you back here. Don't know about Europe but east/west coast USA, it's true that they are only active in the east, as far as it's been reported.

Invisiblekoraks
    #9557877 - 01/06/09 01:57 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

mutant said:
Now, does anyone have heard reports from confirmed G.spectabilis specimen active in europe??

Not actual confirmation, but I have found green bruising gyms in Europe from time to time. I never bio-assayed them though due to ample availability of more pleasant alternatives.

Offlinemutant
Cynic
Re: Gymnopilus spectabilis ( junonius ) retrospective discussion [Re: koraks]
    #9631170 - 01/18/09 10:51 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Thanks for the welcome :smile:

I found a couple more... In my own experience , some [young] G.spectabilis, showed some blue/greenish colouration during drying...

but, koraks , you never said if it's gymnos in general, or this very species, G.spectabilis you noticed blued..

As far as the links, I haven't fully understood shroomery, but I now remember you cannot put any external links??? You cannot put shroomery links either???!??!?

I think I have gathered 10 g's dry material... I suppose that the only thing one could do now is bioessay :smile: Maybe sometime

OfflineAlan RockefellerM
Mycologist
Male User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
    #9632084 - 01/18/09 01:46 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Shroomery allows links, but you aren't doing it quite right.

You need to start them out like:

[url=http://www.foxnews.com]all lies, all the time

Then put in a [/url] on the end of it, and it becomes active!

[url=http://www.foxnews.com]all lies, all the time[/ur]

You can fix your links by editing your post and putting in the correct URL directly after the [url= part.

Offlinegandalf579
Mushroom Hunter
Male
Re: Gymnopilus spectabilis ( junonius ) retrospective discussion [Re: Alan Rockefeller]
    #9632758 - 01/18/09 04:10 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Or you can just right click your mouse on the link you want to post (off of a page or from the "go to" bar at the top of your browser), click "copy" and then just "paste" it anywhere inside your post, click "continue" to "post" your post and it will come up "active" in your post. Just like this: www.shroomery.org.

Offlinemutant
Cynic

Re: Gymnopilus spectabilis ( junonius ) retrospective discussion [Re: gandalf579]
    #9731217 - 02/03/09 08:36 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

here it is

OfflineAlan RockefellerM
Mycologist
Male User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
    #9731252 - 02/03/09 08:39 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Yea I'd call that G. spectabilis.  Let us know if its active.

OfflineMyCoFiend420
ShRoOmEr
Male User Gallery

Loc: the mitt
Re: Gymnopilus spectabilis ( junonius ) retrospective discussion [Re: Alan Rockefeller]
    #9732889 - 02/04/09 02:24 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

what is the average dose of G.spectrabilis?

--------------------
There are thing known,and things unknown
and in between them
are the doors of perception

Invisibleweiliiiiiii
Stranger
Folding@home Statistics
Re: Gymnopilus spectabilis ( junonius ) retrospective discussion [Re: MyCoFiend420]
    #9732896 - 02/04/09 02:28 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

id eat all that

OfflineBoulderBoomer
Super Tramp
Male

Loc: Kanchanaburi Province, Th... Flag
Re: Gymnopilus spectabilis ( junonius ) retrospective discussion [Re: MyCoFiend420]
    #9732903 - 02/04/09 02:31 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

what is the average dose of G.spectrabilis?

In Northern California, hella.

--------------------
"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams."
  -Willy Wonka

OfflineMyCoFiend420
ShRoOmEr
Male User Gallery

Re: Gymnopilus spectabilis ( junonius ) retrospective discussion [Re: BoulderBoomer]
    #9732910 - 02/04/09 02:36 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

7 grams as a startin dose? :mushroom2:

--------------------
and in between them

Offlinemutant
Cynic

#9733606 - 02/04/09 09:58 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

I have read 7~10 gr for these...

I will let you know if I decide to do a bioessay...

OfflineMyCoFiend420
ShRoOmEr
Male User Gallery

#9734039 - 02/04/09 11:40 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

cant wait till spring to go find some!

--------------------
and in between them

OfflineN2loma
Foaming Pipe Snake
Male User Gallery

Re: Gymnopilus spectabilis ( junonius ) retrospective discussion [Re: weiliiiiiii]
    #9754480 - 02/07/09 11:29 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

weiliiiiiii said:
id eat all that

I'd brew that baby and choke it down :mushroom2: (Eaten Gyms give me cramps along with the fun)

--------------------
"So can you tell me what exactly does freedom mean/
If I'm not free to be as twisted as I wanna be" -Divide by Disturbed

Good Guitars Don't Cry

Edited by N2loma (02/07/09 11:30 AM)

Offlinegandalf579
Mushroom Hunter
Male
Re: Gymnopilus spectabilis ( junonius ) retrospective discussion [Re: N2loma]
    #9754581 - 02/07/09 11:53 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Brew it with ginger and it should take care of the cramping problem. I say "should" because I've never tried it myself but then I don't get cramps from eating gyms either. I heard about that from a couple of friends that get cramps and stomach pains from eating wild mushrooms, not just gyms but from most wild mushrooms.

OfflineN2loma
Foaming Pipe Snake
Male User Gallery

Re: Gymnopilus spectabilis ( junonius ) retrospective discussion [Re: gandalf579]
    #9759269 - 02/08/09 09:02 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

"Thankfully" the only other mushrooms to give me cramps are morels. I still collect them and eat some anyways. Sadly the Gym effect is stronger and more persistent, but the teas work very well with next to no side effects.

--------------------
"So can you tell me what exactly does freedom mean/
If I'm not free to be as twisted as I wanna be" -Divide by Disturbed

Good Guitars Don't Cry

Offlinemutant
Cynic

#13915003 - 02/06/11 09:57 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

hey

anyone got any cool idea on how this should be handled [boiled down tea with some lemon, simple fast tek extraction or whatever] to test those awfully bitter mushrooms potency??

10 grams dried is a lot of stuff, but I also got some frozen ones.

theoretically speaking of course and as for food for thought for licenced researchers of  course

InvisiblesporeRider
Proud sporeRider :)
 User Gallery

Loc: usa Flag
    #13915831 - 02/06/11 01:18 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

u would preferably want to use them AS FAST AS YOU CAN - gyms do NOT seem to hold the "majik" qualities very long in storage - i myself haven't tried freezing dry ones - but they last only about 2months ( maybe lil more ) when totally air dried and stuck in mason jars in the cold cold basement
the best is FRESH - you'd want to have at LEAST 100gr fresh - or preferably 150+gr fresh for NOTICEABLE "majik" fun - or dry i always recommend more around 15dry gr - gyms have a VERY mellow effect - lots more of a pleasant body buzz to em than regular straight psily's - the gym sp. have LOTS of other closely related alkaloids to psilocybin/psilocyn - you won't notice much at all especially if you take lower doses with older mature fruits - the younger medium sized ones ( large pins ) are the BEST - they will have MUCH more kick than the old mature ones - but don't worry about overdoing it - at least with 15 dry gr - you'll notice the very natural mellow feeling of them - YOU"LL HAVE FUN:thumbup::trippinballs:

The nicest way to indulge in the fruits is also to make a simple tea on the stove - boil some water - NOT RAGING IT - in a soup pot - use about 1cup of water - maybe 1.5 to 2 cups per dose  - add in FINELY CHOPPED up gym material - and slow boil for about 20 min - the water will turn vibrantly orange like the fruits themselves - then before straining out the mushroom tissue - add in a BUNCH of honey - and some cinnimon - the tea takes alot of the bitterness out - and the honey /cinnimon makes it taste kinda like pumpkin pie juice

strain out the mushrooms - i usually sacrafice a old t-shirt - and squeeze out ALL The juice you can - no need to eat the mushrooms - then just sip it down while its warm - dont just chug it - sip down over like 10min period - and sit back and wait - you'll feel very warm and fuzzy in NO TIME:thumbup::shroomin:
gyms are VERY unique - something very worth while to experience if your a psychedelic soldier:stirthepot::headbanger: Have fun man - let us kno how it goes - - - - 10 gr like you said you have is still kinda a lower dose - but who really knows - maybe you'll have a BLAST:shroomin:

--------------------
http://

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains