Home | Community | Message Board

Zamnesia.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Amazon Coir, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisibleartizen
JEFFERSONIAN
Male

Loc: HOME SWEET HOME
quick harvesting question
    #9754110 - 02/07/09 11:51 AM (12 years, 28 days ago)

i'm getting ready to harvest a pretty nice grow. my computer isn't speaking to my camera :hissyfit: otherwise i would love to show it off, but here's the deal. they grew plentiful but mostly in one area so i've got some sporelating and some pins growing all on top of each other so when i pick them it's gonna be all or nothing. if i cut just the cap's off the mature ones to print and leave the stem so the others can mature will the stem rot having no cap?

any ideas to maximize harvest would be greatly appreciated. again, sorry i can't get pics, this computer problem is killing me.

--------------------
Formula: 0:levitate: Formula: 1                                                                                                     
HCA               AMU
IN  LOVING  MEMORY

1.6.1917  -  4.3.2010

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinegrod31
Stranger
Male

Loc: New York
Re: quick harvesting question [Re: artizen]
    #9754122 - 02/07/09 11:56 AM (12 years, 28 days ago)

every once in a while i will get a " never ending flush" i just made that up but basically its when i never have a first flush pinset the mushroom go around tub and kinda just do there own thing at separate times its not always a problem. i think if you were to rip everything up and and basically start the flush over. it might be more even but i dunno- yes i know very informative-

--------------------
Back the tape up.  I need it again!
Let it roll!  Just as high as the
fucker can go!  And when it comes
to that fantastic note where the
rabbit bites its own head off, I
want you to  THROW THAT FUCKING
RADIO INTO THE TUB WITH ME!
    Not me.  It would blast you through
the wall stone dead in ten
seconds and they'd make me explain
VVVVV Free Myco Thread

OfflineBuckeye Oysters
From Zero to Hero
 User Gallery

Re: quick harvesting question [Re: grod31]
    #9754365 - 02/07/09 12:53 PM (12 years, 28 days ago)

Cut off from the base with scissors whichever fruits are ready to pick as they come.

--------------------
Evolution is Lamarckism in disguise.  Adaptation never creates a new species or trait, but rather the new species/trait always existed within the parent DNA until circumstances allowed it to be activated.  For instance, every wolf has the DNA for poodles, but that DNA would never be revealed without man selectively breeding for it.

Invisibleartizen
JEFFERSONIAN
Male

Loc: HOME SWEET HOME
Re: quick harvesting question [Re: Buckeye Oysters]
    #9755150 - 02/07/09 04:16 PM (12 years, 28 days ago)

that what i normally do but ( again wish i could show pics ) they are so densly clumped there little ones growing off the base of the big ones. :crazy2: looks awsome.

by the way, they are pink buffalos. are they normally smaller to medium fruits? this is the thickest sub i've made so far 4" + and first time using coir/verm/coffee i expected lager fruits. there are so many i'm definately not complaining, the tray is nearly full ( shoe box ) :headbanger:

i might just pick them all so i can dunk it.

--------------------
Formula: 0:levitate: Formula: 1                                                                                                     
HCA               AMU
IN  LOVING  MEMORY

1.6.1917  -  4.3.2010

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Amazon Coir, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation