Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineuser_exists
Stranger
dunking vs straw
    #974564 - 10/19/02 10:54 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

I hear a lot of dunking info and quistions on this forum but little is said about using straws to inject cakes/cassings directly with water. my pet toenail's, aunt selma's, third cousins dog was gonna start his first grow today and is just trying to figure some things out so any posts will really help and if your nice aunt selma might just pay you a visit.

As well differences in yeild for dunking, straw, or just throwing your cakes into this mad world will be helpfull.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineFred Garvin
Male Prostitute
Loc: The northern part of sout...
Re: dunking vs straw [Re: user_exists]
    #974583 - 10/19/02 11:07 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

It sounds like you need to do a little reading. The faq's here are full of info on various techniques and methods. There are also many other online resources to check out. I'd suggest using some of the links provided on this site to access a ton of experience that will be useful. Afoaf read as much as he could, and even downloaded all the faq's and tips he could and kept them in a notebook for easy reference. Preparation and knowledge will take you far. The experienced growers here seem to be easily annoyed at basic questions, and I can't really blame them. They don't have any problems helping somebody who has done a little homework, though. Note that I'm not including myself in the same experienced catagory. Just a friendly observation from a friend of a fellow cultivator :wink:
Good luck my friend. 

--------------------

The above statements are just the incoherent babblings of your friendly neighborhood Cracker!

Shur drinkin kils brane sells--but only the week ones!!

InvisibleShaw

#975370 - 10/19/02 07:19 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

inject water with a sharp syringe

--------------------

Invisiblevildechayea
shodan

#975656 - 10/19/02 09:42 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

I had good luck w/ straws. Took a philips head screwdriver, and just pushed straight thru the cake down to the verm layer underneath, took a drinking straw, cut it into 3 pieces, stuck a piece like 1/4" into the bored hole. Fill 'em up w/ water at least once a day. Gave me a couple big extra flushes. I do it right after first flush for various arbitrary reasons.

Didn't have great luck with dunking. Or double ended PF cake casing. But at the end of the day, you don't get to piss in the tall grass with the big dogs until you grab a pile of fluffy white substrate, throw it in a pan & cover it with a layer o' 50/50 or coco lopez, that's menschy!

v

Invisibleangryshroom
Stranger
 User Gallery

#975983 - 10/20/02 12:53 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Do the normal PF tek first until you succeed, then try dunking or straws :smile:

Straws and dunking are used for after the first flush when water in the cake hasbeen lost from fruiting.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate