Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleGreen_T
 User Gallery

Loc: UK Flag
Police Officer of Year Helped Sever Cannabis Pipeline [US IL]
    #9722603 - 02/02/09 01:15 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

An officer disrupts the main cannabis pipeline. Soon to come (according to what happens in other towns): People turn to meth, new dealers take advantage of market vacuum and battle on the streets....

Check out the comments from the original source; It is interesting to see viewpoints from both sides.

POLICE OFFICER OF YEAR HELPED SEVER CANNABIS PIPELINE

1/28/2009
CHARLESTON ­ The investigation started in August with a small inquiry into the sale of cannabis in Charleston.

Charleston Police Chief Mark Jenkins said the investigation has since led to the top of the cannabis' supply line and taken down several people responsible for the flow of drugs into Charleston, Mattoon and other east-central Illinois communities.

"It is clear to me that this is not the type of case that a local police officer develops very often," Jenkins said.

Jenkins said this is why he nominated the officer, Zack Bryan, who developed that case, for the 2008 Coles County Police Officer of the Year award from American Legion Post 88 in Mattoon.  The legion presented Bryan with this honor on Jan.  15.

Bryan has served with the Charleston Police Department since 2001 and has been assigned for the past 18 months to the East Central Illinois Task Force.  Officers from various police agencies in the area enforce drug laws through this unit, overseen by the Illinois State Police.

The Charleston officer said he is honored to receive the Coles County award for his role in the investigation but was quick to add that every officer in the task force took part this case.

"You could not ask for a better group of guys to work with," Bryan said.

Jenkins said the investigation began with a "controlled buy" of five pounds of cannabis from a man residing on West Polk Avenue in Charleston.  He said the man was arrested and a search warrant was obtained for his home, yielding 5 more pounds of cannabis and $7,000 in cash.

Investigators followed the supply chain in September to a man in Danville and then a man in Springfield who were arrested, Jenkins said.  Approximately 100 pounds of cannabis and seven firearms were seized after a search warrant was obtained for the Springfield residence, he said.

The Springfield man identified his drug source in Texas and also identified the location of 96 kilos of cocaine that were being shipped into Atlanta International Airport in October, Jenkins said.  Drug Enforcement Administration agents confiscated this cocaine from a shipping crate.

Bryan and Scott Standerfer from the East Central Illinois Task Force flew to Texas in February and interviewed the source of the drugs, Jenkins said.  This information led to drug investigations in Illinois and four other states, he said.

Jenkins said Bryan played a leading role in February in a sting that led to the arrest of four members of the Mexican "Gulf" cartel who had driven down from Chicago to purchase cocaine that had been smuggled out of Mexico.  He said this arrest led to the seizure of $49,000 in cash.

The investigation is still ongoing and expanding and includes several federal agencies now, Jenkins said.

"This investigation has led to the solving of a kidnapping where the victim was returned safely, and an attempted murder in Champaign where the victim refuses to testify or speak with the police," Jenkins said.

Bryan said he knew growing up in Moultrie County that he wanted to be a police officer, particularly in the narcotics field.  He said this work gives him a chance to "really dig into" an investigation and use a "gift for gab" with those he encounters.

He took his first job in law enforcement at the Charleston Police Department and has a long range plan to finish out his career there, Bryan said.

"There is a tight knit, core group of friends I have back here in the department," Bryan said.

--------------------

"I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man" - Thomas Jefferson

Legalize Meth | Drug War Victims

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineheartofalion
dancing with the cosmos
 User Gallery

Re: Police Officer of Year Helped Sever Cannabis Pipeline [US IL] [Re: Green_T]
    #9722951 - 02/02/09 02:21 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

People need to stop FUCKING SNITCHING. Fuckin idiots. One guy got caught but now they are moving up the supply chain because some dumb mother fucker cant keep his fucking mouth shut.

--------------------

Offlinesorahtak
Tiger Hugger

Re: Police Officer of Year Helped Sever Cannabis Pipeline [US IL] [Re: heartofalion]
    #9723096 - 02/02/09 02:47 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

The war on drugs would almost be comical if it didn't ruin so many lives.

Seriously, what is going on in the heads of the people that enact it?

"If we just arrest every dealer one at a time, eventually we'll get all of them and there will be no more drugs!"

That is more deluded than any drug has ever made me.

--------------------

Offlineneopet nub
Stranger

Re: Police Officer of Year Helped Sever Cannabis Pipeline [US IL] [Re: sorahtak]
    #9723397 - 02/02/09 03:28 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Canni prices are still very low in IL, this man did nothing.

--------------------
Ego death from weed!

OfflineSunshineDaydream
Journeyman
Male User Gallery

Loc: OK Flag
Re: Police Officer of Year Helped Sever Cannabis Pipeline [US IL] [Re: neopet nub]
    #9723944 - 02/02/09 04:48 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

i get my amazing dank (which i only buy for personal use) direct from the grower.  nuff said.  :vaped:

InvisibleShr00mZ
Space Invader

Re: Police Officer of Year Helped Sever Cannabis Pipeline [US IL] [Re: SunshineDaydream]
    #9724164 - 02/02/09 05:31 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Everytime a "big dealer" gets caught.. a new one fills the spot. Its a cycle. Just like when people retire other ppl come in to replace them. Come on if your going to waste tax dollars. Why dont you get the criminals.. instead of citizens. I wanna see the cops bust crack dealers, herion dealers, meth manufacturers. Not this crap. Get real. Atleast the got the coke.

--------------------

Offlineneopet nub
Stranger

Re: Police Officer of Year Helped Sever Cannabis Pipeline [US IL] [Re: SunshineDaydream]
    #9724462 - 02/02/09 06:14 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

SunshineDaydream said:
i get my amazing dank (which i only buy for personal use) direct from the grower.  nuff said.  :vaped:

I wish I could :sad:

I buy mine for 20$ a gram and 60$ an eighth :sad:

--------------------
Ego death from weed!

OfflineSikbik
Enlightened

Loc: Alaska
    #9725889 - 02/02/09 09:55 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

SunshineDaydream said:

ditto! along with hella brownies

OfflineCannabischarlie
Resident badass
 User Gallery

Re: Police Officer of Year Helped Sever Cannabis Pipeline [US IL] [Re: Shr00mZ]
    #9752561 - 02/06/09 09:29 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Shr00mZ said:
Everytime a "big dealer" gets caught.. a new one fills the spot. Its a cycle. Just like when people retire other ppl come in to replace them. Come on if your going to waste tax dollars. Why dont you get the criminals.. instead of citizens. I wanna see the cops bust crack dealers, herion dealers, meth manufacturers. Not this crap. Get real. Atleast the got the coke. 

no kidding, what we have right now is the fact that this said they found a kidnapper, and some such nonsense.

and as the other guy said, what makes them think that arresting drug dealers one at a time can actually work? nothing happens, and what we have now are more and more law enforcement officers disagreeing with the war on drugs, on some level, and still jack asses like this.

As long as they still have people who think somehow that we can arrest our way out of this problem, the police don't have to be held accountable for any real crime.

when there are no murder investigations, and they flat out ignore the property crimes, fraud, identity theft, whatever, by not even trying to piece them together, i have to wonder why invest so much time in investigating drug crimes?

if they spent a third the amount of detective work trying to solve hard to investigate crimes as they do tracking down "drugs", our crime rate would plummet.

--------------------
This section of the signature line has been intentionally left blank.

we could all use a little more sunshine.

:shrug: yeah, she's funny and somewhat interesting.  not a beauty queen, but not bad lookin.  i'd feel quite honored to fuck janine garofalo.
-tiny_rabid_birds

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom