Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleFryinHard
Hamburgerler
I'm a teapot

Loc: McDonalds
Pure Oxygen Into FC (pictures)
    #9751839 - 02/06/09 07:26 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Any thoughts on pure oxygen into FC?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleShroominit
Part Time Mycologist

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Pure Oxygen Into FC (pictures) [Re: FryinHard]
    #9751852 - 02/06/09 07:28 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

1) why?
2) It's not going to displace CO2 much from up top like that.

That said, I don't think it will hurt.

Offlinekami
newbie grow
Male

Re: Pure Oxygen Into FC (pictures) [Re: Shroominit]
    #9751891 - 02/06/09 07:35 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

oxygen is a dangerous oxidizer, careful of fires...

--------------------
My girlfriend used me as a mount!!!! :mad2:

When reading my posts pls refer to my title. A large amount of my knowlege is from this site. I mean to lead no1 a stray

I in no way shape or form partake in any sort of illegal activity, anything i post, say or do in this forum is completley hypothetical and is my way of exercising my right to FREE SPEECH. first amendment biatch

InvisibleJean-Luc Picard
I only wish i was this good!
 User Gallery

Loc: New Mexico, USA Flag
Re: Pure Oxygen Into FC (pictures) [Re: kami]
    #9752055 - 02/06/09 08:02 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

just push the line farther in and let it hang so that the end of the hose is an inch or so above the substrate...and setting up a recirc fan inside to disperse the oxygen so that the elevated oxygen levels are uniform throughout the FC...instead of just super-oxygenated "hotspots".

Also...i dont know if this applies to fungi...but in humans, oxygen becomes toxic at partial pressures exceeding 50 kPa, or about 50% O2 in the air is toxic to humans...normal oxygen feeds in medical applications and in oxygen bars are meant to supplement incoming air, so that the partial pressure of oxygen goes from around 21 kPa (normal atmospheric makeup) to around 30 kPa.

--------------------
The universe is under no obligation to make sense to you - NDT

Offlineronjohn7779
Stranger

Re: Pure Oxygen Into FC (pictures) [Re: Jean-Luc Picard]
    #9752118 - 02/06/09 08:13 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Seems like a waste of money IMO. Try it if want to try it for the sake of experimentation. I just fan my tubs when ever I feel like  it and lightly mist and I've had some great results. Pressurized oxygen isn't that cheap either and it just seems like you waste your money on something else.

--------------------
"Lennox Lewis, I'm coming for you man. My style is impetuous. My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat his children. Praise be to Allah!" An American Hero Iron Mike!

InvisibleFryinHard
Hamburgerler
I'm a teapot

Re: Pure Oxygen Into FC (pictures) [Re: Jean-Luc Picard]
    #9752159 - 02/06/09 08:20 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

@ agmotes

that's how it is, just above the substrate. it is well ventilated. casing is on a fan and cool mist cycle. separate cycles.

@ shroominit
1.) because whoever this guy is, can
2.) thats just where the tube enters. its all the way in....

@ kami
that guy is not worried about that. but not stupid either and recognizes the hazard.

InvisibleFryinHard
Hamburgerler
I'm a teapot

#9752190 - 02/06/09 08:28 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

@ronjohn

let's suppose money doesnt matter and these things just fell out of the sky. what then? who said anything about buying anything? seems like someone already has it. this guy feels like fanning all the time. check the grow log started.... :wink:

Offlineronjohn7779
Stranger

#9752311 - 02/06/09 08:47 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

FryinHard said:
@ronjohn

let's suppose money doesnt matter and these things just fell out of the sky. what then? who said anything about buying anything? seems like someone already has it. this guy feels like fanning all the time. check the grow log started.... :wink:

I still wouldn't do it. Fanning (while some say is unneed and I see their points) removes all the old air out of the tub, and replaces it with newer fresher air. All your doing is just adding O2 which could I guess help out during fruiting, but you'd still have other gas build ups. Also some just set up their monotubs and forget about them and get great results too. Basically what I'm getting to is you don't need to over complicate your grow. You can do the minimum required and still get A+ results. I'm just give you some cheaters advice is all. I also try to keep as much shit out of my tubs as possible. More hoses, wires, cloths, ect...=potential exposures to contams. I mean what you're doing I guess is worth it if your doing it for the sake of experimentation, but I'd to one traditional monotub as a back up just see the difference in result and just to have something to fall back on. In any case any time I have a grow I always do two tubs for that later reason. If both make it then I have  a shit ton of mushrooms, and if one flounders well then I still have a shit ton of mushrooms.

Anyway best of luck in your endeavors bro.

--------------------
"Lennox Lewis, I'm coming for you man. My style is impetuous. My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat his children. Praise be to Allah!" An American Hero Iron Mike!

InvisibleShroominit
Part Time Mycologist

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Pure Oxygen Into FC (pictures) [Re: ronjohn7779]
    #9752388 - 02/06/09 09:00 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

FlyinHard, then he can go for it. I don't see the advantage. It doesn't automate FAE (especially since air is like 70% nitrogen, which I assume is necessary)

Let me know if it works out for that guy.

Offlinekami
newbie grow
Male

#9752454 - 02/06/09 09:10 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

FryinHard said:
@ agmotes

that's how it is, just above the substrate. it is well ventilated. casing is on a fan and cool mist cycle. separate cycles.

@ shroominit
1.) because whoever this guy is, can
2.) thats just where the tube enters. its all the way in....

@ kami
that guy is not worried about that. but not stupid either and recognizes the hazard.

eh sorry, im a welder... when i see pressurized oxygen i remember that crazy video i saw in class once

--------------------
My girlfriend used me as a mount!!!! :mad2:

When reading my posts pls refer to my title. A large amount of my knowlege is from this site. I mean to lead no1 a stray

I in no way shape or form partake in any sort of illegal activity, anything i post, say or do in this forum is completley hypothetical and is my way of exercising my right to FREE SPEECH. first amendment biatch

InvisibleMoe Caps
Please!
 User Gallery

Loc: Estonia
    #9752727 - 02/06/09 10:09 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

FryinHard said:

Any thoughts on pure oxygen into FC?

I'd say that it could work, but agree with most others that it's overkill.  Not to mention kind of dangerous.  If you keep using it, I would recc that you cover that open outlet near the tub so that I can sleep at night. :smile:

If we're talking fun, why not just put a pitcher of water in the tub and complete an electrical circuit in it.  Put the electrodes/ends of the wire on opposite sides of the pitcher.  H and O into the air for ya.  Try some peroxide (H2O2) for equal amounts to be released.

--------------------
Disclaimer: All posts made by Moe Caps are complete bullshit.

InvisibleWest
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Highway 2 Heaven
Re: Pure Oxygen Into FC (pictures) [Re: Moe Caps]
    #9752802 - 02/06/09 10:31 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

I always use 21/77/2 oxygen/nitrogen/helium for FAE works great.

Offlineabitavenger
3rd gear vtak
Male

Loc: east coast
Re: Pure Oxygen Into FC (pictures) [Re: West]
    #9752851 - 02/06/09 10:44 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

boom.

only way id do this is if it quadroupled harvest and cut grow time in half

otherwise boom just pops into my head. boom.

i think i also remember one of the more exp. cultivators on the site (maybe rr) saying there would be no benefit to this. not 100% sure tho so dont take this as fact

--------------------
Karma.

Edited by abitavenger (02/06/09 10:46 PM)

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: Pure Oxygen Into FC (pictures) [Re: abitavenger]
    #9752891 - 02/06/09 10:55 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

A simple search will show that it's been tried dozens of times already with everything from canisters to tanks, to liquid O2, to concentrators with absolutely no benefit.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

OfflineHybridprX
Biodegrader of coir
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
Re: Pure Oxygen Into FC (pictures) [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #9753421 - 02/07/09 02:53 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

lol, that is a expensive waste...

Pick yourself up a copy of TMC and read the entire thing, you'll see that mycelium development is dependent on co2, optimum growth occurring between 5,000ppm and 10,000ppm's (parts per million) and we all know that the fruiting cycle requires 0ppm...

problem is most of us can not keep up the R.H if were dropping the co2 levels to 0ppm during the fruiting cycle and this is one reason why cubensis are such a forgiving species, if you really wanted to see some results you should replace the oxygen tank with a ultrasonic humidifier and then install a hydrometer, let the R.H build up to 99% and then begin drilling holes one by one slowly until you're R.H balances itself out around 82-85% for casings/bulk, 92-99% for cakes.

--------------------

Edited by HybridprX (02/07/09 03:23 AM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags