Home | Community | Message Board

Marijuana Demystified
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinematt66
Loc: Connecticut
duality
    #975049 - 10/19/02 05:45 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

my last trip (third time ever) turned scary and violent, but before that, I kept saying "there is no this or that". "Pink, purple, blue, green with spots of purple fading in and out". My mind was convinced that the big "trick" it had revealed was that there is no difference between this and that. It came to me as a positive certainty, as if that was the big joke I had been living my life inside of. Afterwards, I felt so compassionate for everyone around me, actually feeling the pain and worry that I think they experience too. Here's where it gets a little unbelievable. But you hear people talking about vibes all the time, and I was either becoming very paranoid at the time, or I had some kind of acess into the feelings of the people,around me. I guess I've had similar experiences with pot, when understandings that the mind tends to put aside are revealed as the truth, however ugly or beautiful it may be. But this was more extreme. I don't know it's one and the same as paranoia, but I was able to "hear" other people express their thoughts non-verbally. Anyway, I would just appreciate a response, or possible "explanation" for what it was, because I would like to hear thast it was either paranoia, or that it is a common phenopmenon. Like I said, I ate too much and was out of my mind and violent at one point, but regardless, I simply, without currrent acess to mushrooms, cannot grasp the idea that there is no difference between literally anything. any thoughts would be appreciated, because it was the absolute truth at the time, and I cannot let this thought pass as a simple "hallucination".

thanks
goatboy

--------------------
Truth is the daughter of time, time doesn't exist...
Truth cannot exist within the human convention of time- The Goat Hath Spoken

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineTraveller
enthusiast
Re: duality [Re: matt66]
    #975418 - 10/19/02 09:43 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

one friend of mine described the same thing by saying "that's what this acid shit does man it puts equals signs (=) everywhere! love = god = this rock = the ocean = me = you..." and I understood exactly what he was saying. it's a beautiful, temporarily liberating experience. do a search for "hsin hsin ming" on this forum, and you will read the same experience described by a chinese monk as both the way to enlightenment, and as enlightenment itself. "do not search for the truth, simply cease to cherish opinions".

feeling other people's vibes can be too much, if you're walking round town tripping and you come across a whole lot of drunk people you're likely to feel some real nasty, nasty nasty vibes. aggression, fear, lust...a valuable experience i believe but the cause of many a "bad trip" for many people. if you continue to trip in such environments you will continue to experience these things, if you can't learn to just observe without getting involved or stressed out you had better just make sure you don't trip in places like this. the worst trips seem to happen when people, surrounded by human ugliness, see it in themselves too....

be careful man.

Anonymous

#975749 - 10/20/02 12:23 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

This is all very interesting.

"cannot grasp the idea that there is no difference between literally anything."

What exactly are you trying to say here?

Offlinematt66
Loc: Connecticut
Re: duality [Re: ]
    #975870 - 10/20/02 01:33 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

good/bad, up/down, this vs. that. I guess it could be likened to non-attachment, in that as soon as I started to sort something out as distinct, I no longer connected with it as such. People were asking me questions about my nature (I believe) and my feeling was always that it was an unfair question because to answer it would be to choose something, which resulted in a positive end which did not exist. Before it got scary, it was the most liberating expewrience ever. It seemed judgements, opinions, and at one very lucid point, even "facts" were trivial, and could just as easily be reversed. I was always being asked what I wanted, and I always responded with a shrug of the shoulders. It was as if no one thing could be valued abovbe another, or that doing one thing was no different than doing another. Life was happening and I was just there, rather than trrying to make life happen. Basically an aversion to decisions, because their result was unimportant. I don't think this point is that profound. when you'r ein that mind state it really doesn't matter what you do, it would all be interesting, but in my common mind now, I keep trying and simply cannot arrive at that understanding, that there is no difference between anything. I don't know how else to put it

goatboy

--------------------
Truth is the daughter of time, time doesn't exist...
Truth cannot exist within the human convention of time- The Goat Hath Spoken

Invisiblebuttonion
Calmly Watching

Loc: Kansas
    #975884 - 10/20/02 01:41 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Well, I've got to say that I am pretty fucking high right now. And even though I am probably not quite able to clearly think through the logical implications of what you are saying, I really feel what you are saying.

--------------------
Concepts which have been proved to be useful in ordering things easily acquire such an authority over us that we forget their human origins and accept them as invariable.- Albert Einstein

OfflineEarth_Droid
Stranger
Re: duality [Re: buttonion]
    #976130 - 10/20/02 03:46 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

It is called tripping. Check this out, it might help http://www.lycaeum.org/books/books/psychedelic_experience/tibetan.html

Edited by Earth_Droid (10/20/02 03:54 AM)

InvisibleGalvie_Flu
 User Gallery

#976156 - 10/20/02 03:57 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

how much did you eat man?

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
    #976450 - 10/20/02 08:56 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

I kept saying "there is no this or that".

Beginning.
End.
What of in between?

cannot grasp the idea that there is no difference between literally anything

Speaking of nothing
delicate words fall from lips
shattering silence.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

OfflineJourneyman
Stranger
    #977065 - 10/20/02 03:06 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

I've had similar experiences. "Hearing" people express their thoughts non-verbally. It's happened with numerous people, and as one post mentioned, it was very difficult when it happend with drunks.

It happens more frequently with one other person. There is some kind of connection between us that I can't give a justified explanation for. I'm sure many have similar cases. We've noticed a correlation between non-verbal communication and being behind the person (standing, sitting, walking). I know that touch is also a questioned determinant in non-verbal communication. Any thoughts? Any input?

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology