Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineSheepish
 User Gallery

Loc: Exile
Re: Swimming or bathing while tripping-dangerous? [Re: BulletoothTony]
    #1042576 - 11/11/02 04:20 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Sometimes that can backfire though. When you realise they're not on the same wavelength, or you think they're out to get you, or they just plain drag you down or drive you mad with whatever they're doing in their soberity. They all seem to look at you heaps, and make a big deal out of the fact you're tripping and purposely fuck with you or do stupid shit like wave their fingers in front of your face like it's meant to be really buzzy and cool. :mad: 

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

Re: Swimming or bathing while tripping-dangerous? [Re: VSOPXO]
    #3205457 - 10/01/04 11:41 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

bump

InvisibleHendostan
I'm a teapot

Re: Swimming or bathing while tripping-dangerous? [Re: LSAuser]
    #3205473 - 10/01/04 11:48 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Tripping doesn't make you fucking stupid. If you forget to breathe while tripping, or burn yourself in the shower, you are dumb enough to do either of those sober. Do us all a favor and take yourself out of the gene pool, please. We don't need you breeding.

InvisibleSam1912
journeyman

Loc: Cali
Re: Swimming or bathing while tripping-dangerous? [Re: Hendostan]
    #3206077 - 10/02/04 07:23 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I've never gone crazy on shrooms, but I think rain is just about the best thing... I tried bathing, swimming, and anything that's splash splash. I think using bucket to pour large amounts of flowing water was about up there with rain. It makes me feel... warm and fuzzy.

Anyways, I've gone mad on LSD before and have to agree with most people here. You have to trip for real and not just read or think about the possibilities before you understand what's safe and what's not. Forgetting to breath... Never happened, even during my most intense trips. I think that part of the brain that controls your basic functions aren't affected.

But on behalf of LSAuser, there's no stupid questions, I say. He wants to know something before he tries it, I think it's a good idea. It'll keep him safe at least. Now for LSAuser, if you mention you've never tripped before, and you asked questions instead of sound like you know much, you'd have a lot better input.

Just my 2 cents.

Sam

--------------------
Protect your civil rights!  End drug prohibition.  And if you don't care about your civil rights, protect mine!

If you want a rating from me, please PM me.  For those really newbies, don't expect an answer back, but you can try me anyways.

InvisibleSam1912
journeyman

Re: Swimming or bathing while tripping-dangerous? [Re: Hendostan]
    #3206078 - 10/02/04 07:25 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Tripping can make you stupid. Forgetting to breath while being stupid would be impossible, though. I'm pretty sure you don't have that control or thought of control at that time. Well, I don't.

Sam

--------------------
Protect your civil rights!  End drug prohibition.  And if you don't care about your civil rights, protect mine!

If you want a rating from me, please PM me.  For those really newbies, don't expect an answer back, but you can try me anyways.

OfflineHeffy
BrauMeister
 User Gallery

Loc: International Traveller
    #3206141 - 10/02/04 08:26 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

The first time I tripped my friend walked into lake ontario up to his pockets, and the rest of us just about shit ourselves. We thought he would just keep walking into the lake, and freaked out.

InvisibleAyrios
Stranger

#3206180 - 10/02/04 09:08 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Hmm I haven't read most of this thread, but for me, the threat would be (under my typical dosage) losing my innate ability to swim rather than forgetting to breathe or whatever. My comprehension of mechanics and gravity tend to disappear, making walking a very mindful task and swimming would be considerably more difficult.

OfflineJaRRn
Lost in Space
Male User Gallery

Loc: Standing on the Cosmic Sh...
    #3206324 - 10/02/04 09:57 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I rode a kids tricycle underwater in my old mans pool once.  funny as hell, wheel kept spinning but i was moving slowly foward.  Hard to let out all the air in your lungs then come to surface and laugh.  My other mate lay on a floaty bag thinking he was dead, with his face in the water. :lol:

InvisibleTODAY
Battletoad
Male

Loc: Metropolis City, USA
    #3207254 - 10/02/04 04:15 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

be careful is all you need to do. my buddy went swimming at night and had a wonderful experience floating on his back staring at the stars during a meteor shower.

--------------------

ca'rouse (k-rouz)
intr.v.
To engage in boisterous, drunken merrymaking.

Offlinedanlennon3
LivingIsEasyWithEyesClosed.....
Male User Gallery

Loc: usa Flag
    #3208817 - 10/03/04 12:36 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

there is no way you can drown yourself by holding your breath.. just like you cant choke yourself to death

--------------------
"Psychedelics should be used not to escape reality, but to embrace it"

InvisibleTODAY
Battletoad
Male

Loc: Metropolis City, USA
Re: Swimming or bathing while tripping-dangerous? [Re: joe666]
    #3210476 - 10/03/04 04:38 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

you hold your breath until you get the automatic response to inhale...when you inhale your lungs fill with water and you then proceed to drown.

--------------------

ca'rouse (k-rouz)
intr.v.
To engage in boisterous, drunken merrymaking.

OfflineAaronEvil
The GuitarVillain
Male

Loc: California
Re: Swimming or bathing while tripping-dangerous? [Re: TODAY]
    #3210516 - 10/03/04 04:54 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I was at the beach when I shroomed the first time (I wanted a nice friendly environment) and I went in for a dip. I took about half an 8th and it was pretty plesant. I didnt go swimming but i went in about knee deep and let the water hit me. Then I sat down and watched the waves. It was a very spiritual experience. I have a friend that goes surfing while shrooming all the time. He says it makes it a bit more interesting and it helps him feel the waves more. In any case I would make sure you are a strong swimmer and I would be very cautious. You never know what might happen.

--------------------

There is not a lot of difference between a fox hole and a grave; but knowing that you dug your ditch and climbed in anyway.

Offlinedruqks46
its dat woowoo
Loc: trees
    #3210526 - 10/03/04 04:57 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

For me, im not retarded and do have soem sense to not breath under water. I tripped on 7 grams and was in the pool at 11pm. floatin around on a raft with the pool light on, great fun.

InvisibleSam1912
journeyman

#3210664 - 10/03/04 05:39 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

doesn't it seem like people who imply it's dangerous seem all hypothetical? Do any of you personally know who had a water accident while shrooming? I know one, but he was trying drink water through his nose.

Sam

--------------------

OfflineGinseng1
Elegant Universe
 User Gallery

#3210856 - 10/03/04 06:44 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

I went nuts on shrooms and ran through a fountain and also swam in it.

I had pretty much lost complete control on this trip, and I still swam successfully without swallowing any water.  I didn't get any ideas that I was a fish, rather that I was super mario and that I had to go through pipes underwater. HAHAHAH!! 

I did however get 10 stitches on my knuckles at about 5 in the morning that night.

I could've gotten seriously injured or maybe even worse.  I don't think LSAusers post was a dumb one atall, but it IS two years old... :lol: :lol: :whoa:

--------------------
Flowing through beginningless time since time without beginning...

Edited by Ginseng1 (10/03/04 06:47 PM)

InvisibleAyrios
Stranger

Re: Swimming or bathing while tripping-dangerous? [Re: Sam1912]
    #3210874 - 10/03/04 06:50 PM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Sam1912 said:
doesn't it seem like people who imply it's dangerous seem all hypothetical?

I really don't know. I just know my comprehension of mechanics goes out the window when I'm tripping hard. In a lot of altered states, I know I'd have been quite a bit bad at driving but never have I had as strong a feeling about it as on mushrooms where I say 'wow, I couldn't even pull out of my drive way'. Swimming is such a mind over matter thing. Someone who hasn't learned how to swim and tells themself they can't swim will drop. I'm afraid if I can't do something second nature (but learned) like drive a car AT ALL that I'd be risking my life even more by swimming. You're right though, I don't speak from experience.

InvisibleDepthToTheCore
JeeBuzz
Male User Gallery
Loc: Australia brah
Re: Swimming or bathing while tripping-dangerous? [Re: mr_minds_eye]
    #3212421 - 10/04/04 01:10 AM (19 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

mr_minds_eye said:
If I can eat an 1/8 and snowboard I think you could probably swim.

Im a snowboarder. Whats it like? I cant imagine shrooming and boarding?

--------------------

"Those who dance are considered insane by those who cannot hear the music." - George Carlin

Offlineonestepahead
OneStepAhead
Re: Swimming or bathing while tripping-dangerous? [Re: DepthToTheCore]
    #3488912 - 12/12/04 11:29 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Went snorkeling at a beach in south Florida when i was in my teens like 15 years ago. I 2 gel tabs (LSD) had a great time until I realized how far out I swam, took 2 hours to get back to the beach seemed like 10 Min's because I was checking out all the fish and sting rays. I wouldn't recommend this however unless you play in the ocean alot and know your area(eg shark feeding times, tides, and current conditions, etc). Had alot of fun swimming into schools of fish, when you go upside-down sometimes the fish get right in your mask and look at you its cool shit. Anyway if you are determined to do it, try a small pool or something 1st. Also water parks can kick ass on small doses.

--------------------
When your dead the fear of death wont bother you anymore.

OfflineNoviseer
Percussion isFree
 User Gallery

Re: Swimming or bathing while tripping-dangerous? [Re: onestepahead]
    #3489087 - 12/13/04 12:05 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

seems like I would have posted on this thread when it came around, apparently not. anyway

I've surfed and snorkeled on 2 gram trips, makes for an amazing time. I saw two transparent baby sharks last time!

My main safety precation is this: I wait till I've peaked. YOu don't want to be coming up in the water, who knows how far you'll go, that is dangerous. Wait till you come up, peak, and then do your activity.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order