Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> Shroomerites Anonymous

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Edibles, CBD Oils   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Anonymous #1

Feeling old and clueless, need some advice
    #9748066 - 02/06/09 07:50 AM (12 years, 26 days ago)

Hi Anonymous Peeps,

I'm a woman, 40-something years old, who enjoys psychedelics. I grow my own mushrooms - edibles and actives - and have a great home that I own, a career in a creative field that I love, and am reasonably attractive and in decent shape. I have been divorced for six years.

I live in a small community, and I'm having a difficult time finding a fun, intelligent man to date - someone who would at the very least be okay with my occasional use of psychedelics, and who hopefully would share my interest in them.

I've tried the traditional ways of finding men to date - by joining clubs, taking up different hobbies - and have met my share of good men who are interested in me, and have been on some great dates.

But when they find out that I have an interest in tripping, well, things go south. I find out that they have religious convictions (I don't, though I feel a spiritual connection to our fine earth), or have bought the misconceptions the media and government have been attempting to sell. Drugs are bad, mmmmkay? Blah. I want a free-thinker, a sexy man (I'm more into a man's mind and not so into a man's looks, so I'm not being picky in that regard) with a passion to explore the cosmos.

How can I find a kind, funny, intelligent, and decent man who will share my otherworldly interests? Psychedelics aren't the biggest part of my life, but they are a part that I do love. If I were in my 20's, in college, I think it would be much easier to find someone - heck I remember my own college gone wild days. But I'm approaching my middle years, and it seems like the older a man gets, the more conventional he becomes, and oh, I hope that I am wrong.

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Anonymous #2

Re: Feeling old and clueless, need some advice [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #9748074 - 02/06/09 07:56 AM (12 years, 26 days ago)

Follow a GD cover band for awhile... :smirk:

Anonymous #3

Re: Feeling old and clueless, need some advice [Re: Anonymous #2]
    #9748128 - 02/06/09 08:26 AM (12 years, 26 days ago)

Find a guy who's 20 years younger than you and is into older women. I tried dating a few women in their mid 30s but they don't like boys :frown:

Anonymous #4

Re: Feeling old and clueless, need some advice [Re: Anonymous #3]
    #9748139 - 02/06/09 08:37 AM (12 years, 26 days ago)

While unfortunate, I can assure you its quite normal.  Once you are past your early twenties there is certainly a stigma of "Drugs are bad mmkay..."

Its difficult to find someone who is OK with occasional drug use, yet doesn't center their life around drugs and/or psychedelics.

The above problems only get worse as you age.  I'm 30 and the vast majority of people I know stopped doing anything "fun" after college.

Anonymous #5

#9748182 - 02/06/09 08:55 AM (12 years, 26 days ago)

I'm 38 hippiechick, PM me! :lol:

Anonymous #1

Re: Feeling old and clueless, need some advice [Re: Anonymous #4]
    #9748192 - 02/06/09 09:00 AM (12 years, 26 days ago)

That's what I'm thinking - that men around my age have put the mushrooms aside for things they have determined to be more "grownup."

I would date a younger man if he were intelligent, fun, had a great sense of humor, had his life together, and thought I was sexy and smart as hell.

Anonymous #6

#9748257 - 02/06/09 09:30 AM (12 years, 26 days ago)

Where ya from? Lets hook up :laugh:

Anonymous #5

#9748317 - 02/06/09 09:57 AM (12 years, 26 days ago)

:heartpump:  we'd be great together!  But your criteria brings up the problem I have:

I'm a fairly successful self made man.  I never went to college but I never stopped learning.  I have managed the day to day operations of multimillion dollar companies and currently people with masters degrees report to me.  In this regard I have my shit together.  I know how to set goals and achieve them.

The problem I have is that I loved my wife more than I loved my material things.  Prior to our divorce, I stuck by her while she spent us into oblivion.  I lost three houses and all my savings before I finally realized she was intent on destroying herself, and me too if I let her.

I don't miss my nice things or have any regret.  I said I loved her and I stood by her longer than most anyone else would have.  I would rather lose all my material things again than compromise on what "love" means to me.

I think that's pretty damned romantic, but the women I meet don't seem to care about that... they hear my credit is wrecked, and bail.  I guess I can't blame them, but wow... makes you feel like women my age don't want a lover, they want a banker.

Anonymous #7

Re: Feeling old and clueless, need some advice [Re: Anonymous #5]
    #9748427 - 02/06/09 10:35 AM (12 years, 26 days ago)

:hillbilly: Me, too.

Anonymous #8

Re: Feeling old and clueless, need some advice [Re: Anonymous #7]
    #9748490 - 02/06/09 10:58 AM (12 years, 26 days ago)

lol

they want a banker fo sho!!!!!

plus ur broke  and not exactly educated.

Anonymous #5

Re: Feeling old and clueless, need some advice [Re: Anonymous #8]
    #9748596 - 02/06/09 11:25 AM (12 years, 26 days ago)

I'm not broke by most people's standards - I just don't have good credit at the moment.  Two years ago I was broke.

As for education, well... I disagree.  I'm not formally educated.  I feel kind of bad for the people who are, and work for me.  It must make them wonder what they even bothered for.  The thing is though, I didn't have a piece of paper in my hand that made me think people owed me something, like many college grads do.  I realized I had nothing but my results to build a reputation on.

Now quit threadjacking and get back to the fortysomething hottie's problem.

Anonymous #9

#9748661 - 02/06/09 11:40 AM (12 years, 26 days ago)

There must be a lot of men in the exact same position, the only thing is finding them.

I reckon you should goto shroomery gatherings, advertise on the net but be honest about your interests or join psy related groups.

I bet if you stuck a pic & profile in the pub here you'd have hundreds of offers.

Anonymous #10

#9748707 - 02/06/09 11:49 AM (12 years, 26 days ago)

I'm a handsome young man who would love to have a sugar momma, is that good enough for you?  :stoned:

Anonymous #11

Re: Feeling old and clueless, need some advice [Re: Anonymous #9]
    #9748855 - 02/06/09 12:16 PM (12 years, 26 days ago)

Quote:

Anonymous #9 said:
I bet if you stuck a pic & profile in the pub here you'd have hundreds of offers.

probably the best advice so far  :yesnod:

Anonymous #5

Re: Feeling old and clueless, need some advice [Re: Anonymous #11]
    #9748940 - 02/06/09 12:34 PM (12 years, 26 days ago)

Damn Ythair give us a shroomery dating forum!

oh wait

THIS IS NOT A HOOKUP SITE :lol:

Anonymous #11

#9748962 - 02/06/09 12:37 PM (12 years, 26 days ago)

tell that to Dankman and Injes  :smirk:

Anonymous #12

#9748977 - 02/06/09 12:40 PM (12 years, 26 days ago)

I think i'm going to be in the same boat. Im only 24, but I know when I get older i'm going to have trouble finding someone down with the scene, and sees my occasional shroom use as being "immature" or some bullshit.

Anonymous #1

#9749155 - 02/06/09 01:17 PM (12 years, 26 days ago)

Oh, gosh, Number Five, I am not looking for a banker at all. I have my own money, and have been self-employed for some years. I own a little local business and have tons of fun with my own gig.

I am looking for a lover and a friend, not a sugar daddy. :smile:

So - where do you go to meet women? I need to know where guys your age congregate, or perhaps some suggestions on how I could meet someone who, like you, has an interest in psychedelics and great conversation.

Quote:

Anonymous #5 said:
:heartpump:  we'd be great together!  But your criteria brings up the problem I have:

I'm a fairly successful self made man.  I never went to college but I never stopped learning.  I have managed the day to day operations of multimillion dollar companies and currently people with masters degrees report to me.  In this regard I have my shit together.  I know how to set goals and achieve them.

The problem I have is that I loved my wife more than I loved my material things.  Prior to our divorce, I stuck by her while she spent us into oblivion.  I lost three houses and all my savings before I finally realized she was intent on destroying herself, and me too if I let her.

I don't miss my nice things or have any regret.  I said I loved her and I stood by her longer than most anyone else would have.  I would rather lose all my material things again than compromise on what "love" means to me.

I think that's pretty damned romantic, but the women I meet don't seem to care about that... they hear my credit is wrecked, and bail.  I guess I can't blame them, but wow... makes you feel like women my age don't want a lover, they want a banker.

Anonymous #1

Re: Feeling old and clueless, need some advice [Re: Anonymous #9]
    #9749160 - 02/06/09 01:18 PM (12 years, 26 days ago)

Well, I don't know about that! I see some of the threads started by women in the Pub and I think that kind of rabid attention might make me a little weirded out!

I mostly post in the P.E. forum, some of the others, I am a quiet person here, but do contribute from time to time.

Quote:

Anonymous #9 said:
There must be a lot of men in the exact same position, the only thing is finding them.

I reckon you should goto shroomery gatherings, advertise on the net but be honest about your interests or join psy related groups.

Anonymous #3

#9749161 - 02/06/09 01:18 PM (12 years, 26 days ago)

Quote:

Anonymous #1 said:
Oh, gosh, Number Five, I am not looking for a banker at all. I have my own money, and have been self-employed for some years. I own a little local business and have tons of fun with my own gig.

I am looking for a lover and a friend, not a sugar daddy. :smile:

So - where do you go to meet women? I need to know where guys your age congregate, or perhaps some suggestions on how I could meet someone who, like you, has an interest in psychedelics and great conversation.

The internet.

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Edibles, CBD Oils   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Community >> Shroomerites Anonymous