Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next > | Last >
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleJenn77x1
"Anastasia Beaverhausen"
Female

Re: MONO TUB SUBSTRATE *** WHAT WORKS ??? [Re: Jenn77x1]
    #9810758 - 02/16/09 09:29 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

I'm starting some LC tomorrow ... I have one now but it is in a quart jar ... I'm using a pint jar tomorrow, anyone know the recipe for a pint jar ... amount of water / honey ?          :rasta:

--------------------
"Human's are not the only animal that suffers,but we are probably the only animal that suffers about our suffering"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisible13shroomsM
Lightning Shaman
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: IN ETHERS TORSION FIELD
Trusted Cultivator
    #9811122 - 02/16/09 10:27 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

if you have any colonized grain left look up the http://www.shroomery.org/forums/favlinker.php?Cat=&Entry=90497&F_Board=30&Thread=6817701&partnumber=&postmarker= tek ,  best LC tek around.  not that the others arent but this is easier if you have grain ready. 

oh, mist and fan as needed till the end.  just dont get them soggy. 

your doing great!

--------------------
:takingnotes:A M U:helpdesk:
Click here ^ for the AMU forum
VVV AMUs Free Active/Edible/Exotic Spore Print or Syringe or Edible Culture Trade Thread VVV
"Man is the sex organ of the machine world" ~  Marshall McLuhan

InvisibleJenn77x1
"Anastasia Beaverhausen"
Female

Re: MONO TUB SUBSTRATE *** WHAT WORKS ??? [Re: 13shrooms]
    #9811233 - 02/16/09 10:43 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Thank you for the info ... after reading that I think I will wait untill my PE rye jars are done and save one jar for this ...

Agar Rocks !!!

I appreciate you bringinig that tek to my attention ... very clever idea !!!

:rasta:

--------------------
"Human's are not the only animal that suffers,but we are probably the only animal that suffers about our suffering"

Offlineexzile
PROFESSOR OF MYCOLOGY
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #9814373 - 02/17/09 01:39 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

so i got that cow manure today, now i wanna make some jars outta it with straw verm brf and worm castings, when i added the manure will it get all runny? is there a certain way i have to use the manure?

--------------------
Something something

Offlineexzile
PROFESSOR OF MYCOLOGY
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: MONO TUB SUBSTRATE *** WHAT WORKS ??? [Re: exzile]
    #9814377 - 02/17/09 01:39 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

o btw 25lbs for 2.66

--------------------
Something something

OfflineStimpy913
Happy Happy Joy Joy
 User Gallery
Re: MONO TUB SUBSTRATE *** WHAT WORKS ??? [Re: exzile]
    #9814844 - 02/17/09 03:04 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

just keep your eye on the casing layer it will tell  you when to mist. Dont let it dry out a lot but mist till it glistens with water, not saturated, fan, and wait for the glisten to go away before you mist again. Basicly just mist, let it evaporate some, mist again, keep it going back and forth you'll get it down after a lil bit

--------------------
How to talk to cops

InvisibleJenn77x1
"Anastasia Beaverhausen"
Female

Re: MONO TUB SUBSTRATE *** WHAT WORKS ??? [Re: Stimpy913]
    #9815443 - 02/17/09 04:48 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

What kind of water is best to mist them with ?

Or does it really matter ???

I will have some pic updates in a hour or two , maybe I can get an opinion on the moisture content ...

Thanks for your help Stimpy    :wink:    *** You Rock ***

- :rasta:

--------------------

Invisible13shroomsM
Lightning Shaman

Trusted Cultivator
    #9815645 - 02/17/09 05:21 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

when i added the manure will it get all runny? is there a certain way i have to use the manure?

www.mushroomvideos.com ; watch the pasteurizing poo part. 

Quote:

What kind of water is best to mist them with ?

Or does it really matter ???

I use tap water.  just dont use distilled=bad.

--------------------
VVV AMUs Free Active/Edible/Exotic Spore Print or Syringe or Edible Culture Trade Thread VVV

InvisibleJenn77x1
"Anastasia Beaverhausen"
Female

#9816501 - 02/17/09 07:57 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Ok ... this is my casing a few hours ago ...

How do think the moisture looks, if you can tell ?

Also how many pins actually become whole mushrooms .... Because there are tons of pins  !!! 

Check out my pinning pics from tonight :thumbup::thumbdown: Any Suggestions ? ? ?

--------------------

Offlineronjohn7779
Stranger

#9816559 - 02/17/09 08:06 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Jenn77x1 said:
Ok ... this is my casing a few hours ago ...

How do think the moisture looks, if you can tell ?

Also how many pins actually become whole mushrooms .... Because there are tons of pins  !!! 

If you are developing pins then the moisture should be fine. I don't really ever check mine. I just fan and mist.

If your lucky then all the pins will turn into mushroom....or you can get a lot of mutation (some will be large some will be small). Another possibility will be having aborts. I tend to have way more small mutations to large mutations than aborts. Its all very strain/genetic dependent. Personally I'd say expect to have a fuck ton of fruits and a fuck ton of aborts or mutations. Even if you totally screw up a monotub you'll at the very least have an Ounce. I don't think I've had a tub not produce at least an ounce off the first flush. You'd have to do a lot of cakes to get an ounce that fast.

--------------------
"Lennox Lewis, I'm coming for you man. My style is impetuous. My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat his children. Praise be to Allah!" An American Hero Iron Mike!

InvisibleJenn77x1
"Anastasia Beaverhausen"
Female

Re: MONO TUB SUBSTRATE *** WHAT WORKS ??? [Re: ronjohn7779]
    #9816667 - 02/17/09 08:23 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

These are some better pics ...

I'm not using the mono tub in the sense that I should ...

I made them for rye grain that was knocked up today ... but I had these BRF cakes ready to go so I decided to crumble and case them in aluminum pans ... with some 50/50 + then placed on perlite

I can't wait to start my mono growing after this run ...

I shot up 5 quarts of Albino PE and 5 quarts GT today  :grin:

I'm just not sure about how often to mist and how much, I don't want to hurt them ....

--------------------

Offlineronjohn7779
Stranger

#9816929 - 02/17/09 09:02 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

I mist and fan whenever the hell I feel like it. Thats my only rule on that. The more air and moisture the better in my opinion. Fresh air kicks out the old air and lowers your chance at contams on that front and it helps with pinning and fruits love ton's of air. Then after your done fanning you mist a bit to replace the excess moisture you lost. If you have a healthy culture you shouldn't face any contams from doing what I said.

Just try not to spray water on your pins. That may turn them into aborts. Also don't let too much water sit on your caps that can cause bacteria to kick some ass.
Lastly when I say mist that means 3-5 pumps on a spray bottle. Don't go too crazy with the water. If you do that you should be fine.

--------------------
"Lennox Lewis, I'm coming for you man. My style is impetuous. My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat his children. Praise be to Allah!" An American Hero Iron Mike!

InvisibleJenn77x1
"Anastasia Beaverhausen"
Female

#9817257 - 02/17/09 09:51 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Thanks again for the help, it is very much appreciated :wink:

I just went back and misted right beside them * just so the mist lightly fell, because at this point not spraying pin heads would be impossible.

I fan with the lid about 10-15 time , spray Lysol, and close it back up ...

I still have light on them for 12-16 hours a day ... Don't know how long that is important for, but they are getting plenty of it :sun:

--------------------

Offlineronjohn7779
Stranger

#9817290 - 02/17/09 09:55 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

I shoot for 12 a day, but if they get less. Well then oh well. It hasn't done any harm yet.

--------------------

Invisible13shroomsM
Lightning Shaman

Trusted Cultivator
    #9817397 - 02/17/09 10:14 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

easy on the lysol, 
once your substrate is fully colonized it can defend itself from contams
(the myc encloses everything in, like a myc shrink wrap.).

if it looks wet it probably is, mist when needed.  I only mist mine 2 maybe 3 times a day.

you are going to have a lot of mushies. 

all pins should mature as long as your substrate can feed/support all of them.  thats how you know if you need to have a deeper substrate or not on your next batch. 

if you get a lot of aborts thats usually why.  but the mutants thats in the genetics.  but all still good to munch as long as they dont start to rot.

good job thus far.  hope my tub pins that well.

--------------------

InvisibleJenn77x1
"Anastasia Beaverhausen"
Female

#9817591 - 02/17/09 10:51 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Thank you RonJohn and 13Shrooms ....

This is my first experience but I read about it for months and months before I decided to try it ...

I love biology and mushrooms ...

I find myself really enjoying the whole process, well besides the waiting part  :grin:

Anyhow, that's why I'm so unsure of everything i.e. misting, light , etc.

You should have seen my face when I seen the first pin :heart:

I'm ready to see some big one's already ... I feel like I have been waiting forever !!!

--------------------

Invisible13shroomsM
Lightning Shaman

Trusted Cultivator
    #9817691 - 02/17/09 11:14 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

You should have seen my face when I seen the first pin :heart:

I took pics and showed them to my wife like they were our kids......"this one was first, this one was next, look how big their getting"......lmao..  its fun.

--------------------

InvisibleJenn77x1
"Anastasia Beaverhausen"
Female

#9817705 - 02/17/09 11:19 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

LoL ... It is fun ... I have really gotten into it ... I like to go look at them every 15 minutes to see if they have grown any ... Damn Noobie :wink:

I'm waiting to make it past the 3rd day because I hear this is when they really start doing their growing ....

I'm hooked now after seeing those pins ... I believe I'll be growing for life  :heart:

--------------------

Invisible13shroomsM
Lightning Shaman

Trusted Cultivator
    #9817781 - 02/17/09 11:36 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

I keep 1 PFcake in a small shotgun FC(1gal) in my living room to watch grow, it keeps my mind off my "bigger projects".

I like to watch em grow, but fear contaming my tubs messing with them.  lol

--------------------

InvisibleJenn77x1
"Anastasia Beaverhausen"
Female

#9817804 - 02/17/09 11:43 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Ohhh ... That's cool ... I would get to many questions from doing that I think , though that would be great !!!

It's a very cool thing ... I just started rye grains today * 5 Qts of Albino PE and 5 Qts of GT *

I think I'm going to use that water tek you showed me on one of the Qt jars of PE ....

I've heard that it;s hard to get prints from PE, so I think the water tek will work great ...

Thanks again for that :rolleyes:

-    :rasta:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next > | Last >

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds