Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Boomr Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next > | Last >
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineexzile
PROFESSOR OF MYCOLOGY
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: MONO TUB SUBSTRATE *** WHAT WORKS ??? [Re: Shr00mZ]
    #9808372 - 02/16/09 02:18 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

ok say i wanna make some kick ass huge bags with straw, manure, verm, brown rice, worm castings, and perhaps coffee. is there a certain mixture i need? or can i just get it to field capacity and sterilize taht mixure?
if i was too pasterize, it would just be shit and straw right?

--------------------
Something something

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleShr00mZ
Space Invader

Re: MONO TUB SUBSTRATE *** WHAT WORKS ??? [Re: exzile]
    #9808440 - 02/16/09 02:26 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

You dont want to knock up pasteurized poo and straw.. You want to knock up grains.. mixed with the poo straw combo in a grow bag.. if your sterilizing them.

Pastuerization is for bulk substrates you heat the bulk up to kill off bacteria you dont want, It doesnt kill all the bacteria... there is a bacteria that stays on the bulk sub defending it so to say.. while the mycelium takes over it has to take over in 14 days. Otherwise most likely the bad bacteria will be back and take over.

When you sterilize it kills everything. If your going to make a spawn (which means you have to inoculate it with a LC or spore syringe, you need to sterilize.

But you mind as well just use a grain... then spawn to your bulk substrate in the end. You can make grow bags using poo and straw, with a mixture of some grain by the injection site. Then when the grain is colonized shake the bag to distribute the grain evenly in the substrate.

Using grain = bigger yields and better potency.

--------------------

InvisibleJenn77x1
"Anastasia Beaverhausen"
Female

#9808453 - 02/16/09 02:28 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Yep ... Composted cow manure .... 40 lbs for less than $2.00

I also bought a bale of hay there for less than $5.00 but after reading about contaminations I'm not sure if I will use it or not :rasta:

--------------------
"Human's are not the only animal that suffers,but we are probably the only animal that suffers about our suffering"

InvisibleShr00mZ
Space Invader

Re: MONO TUB SUBSTRATE *** WHAT WORKS ??? [Re: Jenn77x1]
    #9808471 - 02/16/09 02:30 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

here these bags got brought in so they can defrost before I mix my bulk substrates up and pastuerize

:grin:

--------------------

InvisibleJenn77x1
"Anastasia Beaverhausen"
Female

#9808522 - 02/16/09 02:38 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

I have 10 qt jars of rye grain that I PC'd over the weekend and I will have new syringes tomorrow from Sporeworks

I just made 2 Mono-Tubs, so after the rye colonizes I plan to spawn to cow poo / hay or something

I may save one of the PE jars and do a G2G to another few jars

To spawn to cow poo and whatever else, I do need to pasteurize that material, right ? Should I just PC it ?
I just got a new 23 qt PC but have only used it for my grains this far ...

I also have some LC's going ... I think I might need some more jars and a few more tubs :shocked:

:rasta:

--------------------
"Human's are not the only animal that suffers,but we are probably the only animal that suffers about our suffering"

InvisibleJenn77x1
"Anastasia Beaverhausen"
Female

#9808530 - 02/16/09 02:38 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Yep ... that's the exact same thing I have Gardener's Pride ...  :rasta:

--------------------

InvisibleShr00mZ
Space Invader

#9808917 - 02/16/09 03:37 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

you dont want to sterilize bulk substrates.. it will be opened to air as soon as ur done.. whats the point. you dont want to kill all the bacteria, just the stuff that will ruin a tub.

I have a 23 qt.. presto also.
use the pot itself dont seal it up though.
Do your spawn ratio measure out ur substrate level in ur tub. Then load it up in a pillow case.
Throw it in ur PC pot.. then fill with water.. heat it up it will take about half n hour to reach 140F-180F. You need to keep it in that range for 2 hours. Then when its done, take the pillow case out of the pot to your bath tub or shower let it drain for about 10 hours. You want the substrate to be at field capacity. My best results with this compost... was mixed with just verm and gypsum.
When you fill your tub make sure ur holes r at substrate level. Fill holes with polyfil. Cover it with some kind of bag or towel to limit the fresh air getting to the tub. It doesnt matter if its a dark or clear trash bag aslong as it restricts air flow. Let it sit in there for 14 days. Then it should be a solid brick of colonized material, introduce to fruiting conditions.

--------------------

InvisibleJenn77x1
"Anastasia Beaverhausen"
Female

#9809104 - 02/16/09 04:04 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

So I should cover my polyfill holes during the 14 days before introduction of FC ?

Also what ratios do you use cow poo/verm/gypsum ? Do you ever use lime or oyster shell in your mix ?

I included some pics of my mono tubs ... Also will you look at the pics of my casing and see if you think they are where they should be, today is the 8th day in the FC ...  :thumbup::thumbdown:

Thank you for all of your help ...    :rasta:

--------------------

OfflineStimpy913
Happy Happy Joy Joy
 User Gallery
    #9809299 - 02/16/09 04:46 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Jenn77x1 said:
So I should cover my polyfill holes during the 14 days before introduction of FC ?

You don't have to. But while the spawn is running the substrate, i just put the tub in a black trash bag and drape the opening under it. Probably not necessary but it keeps light and excessive fresh air out. I check the progress every other day till its close to getting done, and hold a fan over it for about 5 seconds to exchange all the air and shit so its not prime for fruiting, but there isn't an overload of co2. My spawn runs at 1:3 ratio take about 5 days like this using rye or wbs as spawn, and coir/verm/coffee/gypsum in substrate. It would probably be similar with poo, cow poo i dunno most people use horse poo.
Quote:

Also what ratios do you use cow poo/verm/gypsum ? Do you ever use lime or oyster shell in your mix ?

Bulk subs are so fucking cool because its like an art, on the mixture. If all you put in it is cpoo, verm, and gypsum do it at 10/10/1 but also you can do 10/5/1 or anything in between. i like lots of verm tho. Verm is great for water supply, and cubies absolutely love it. Even if i do regular grain grows without bulk substrates, its always a 1:1 of grain:field capacity verm. They grow so much bigger that way than just straight grain with a casing layer. Mix that verm in there at field capacity because vermiculite is one of god's greatest gifts to cubensis cultivators. Cubes need water just as much as they need nutrients, which is why bulks are great because they even it out. Straight grains gotta be diluted with field capacity or slightly wetter vermiculite in order to grow shrooms efficiently, but spawning it to a bulk substrate is the best option. It really helps to even out the water/nutrient supply for optimum use by the fruits.

Gypsum is used for certain nutrients, can't remember exactly what they are i know calcium and sulpher are some of them. Its also a PH buffer. Especially good in casing layers where the pH has been set to prime 7.5 , because as mycellium permiates the medium it will cause the medium to become more acidic and invite contams, and hinder shroom growth. Gypsum prevents the pH change from being very drastic. Its great tho for substrate and casing, and definitely spawn.

Quote:

I included some pics of my mono tubs ... Also will you look at the pics of my casing and see if you think they are where they should be, today is the 8th day in the FC ...  :thumbup::thumbdown:

Your tubs from the pics look like the bottom holes were made too low. It will still work, but you should make the bottom holes sit on top of the 6 inch mark. Reason is when doing tubs, most people use 4-5 inches of substrate so you want the holes sitting right on top of that level. If you want to use thick sub levels it can be fixed with duct tape probably thats what i'd do... then cut some of the plastic off above the hole to keep the FAE options good.

--------------------
How to talk to cops

InvisibleJenn77x1
"Anastasia Beaverhausen"
Female

Re: MONO TUB SUBSTRATE *** WHAT WORKS ??? [Re: Stimpy913]
    #9809331 - 02/16/09 04:54 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Kool ... Thanks for all of the info .... That's awesome :grin:

What do you think about those casings ? On what day should I start freaking out if I don't see any knots ?

Those pics were today (Day 8 )

--------------------

InvisibleJenn77x1
"Anastasia Beaverhausen"
Female

#9809429 - 02/16/09 05:19 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Also, I'm on a roll ... lol

I pc'd my rye grains on Saturday night because I had already had them soaking for 24 hours ...

I thought that I was going to get my order from Sporeworks on Saturday but something happened, I think that they ran out of a strain I ordered ... Anywho ... I will have the order in the morning ...

My question is this .... Should I add sterile water to my grains jars before knocking them up ?

They were PC'd Saturday night and have been sitting with lids on them + aluminum foil 

I just don't know how to tell if they are drying out ... Maybe I will go snap a picture and you guys/gals can give me your input  :confused:

--------------------

OfflineStimpy913
Happy Happy Joy Joy
 User Gallery
    #9809531 - 02/16/09 05:35 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Dont worry about the grain jar hydration degrading over 3 or 4 days as long as they are properly fitted with good filtration. It shouldn't be an issue.

And yeah that casing should be in fruiting conditions right now from the pic but dude im just a psilly newb just tellin u what i'd do

--------------------
How to talk to cops

OfflineStimpy913
Happy Happy Joy Joy
 User Gallery
    #9809546 - 02/16/09 05:37 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

LOL did you notice the pin heads on your casing yet?! it should definitely be getting fresh air!

--------------------
How to talk to cops

InvisibleJenn77x1
"Anastasia Beaverhausen"
Female

#9809583 - 02/16/09 05:44 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Yes, I have a fan near it and have been fanning it with the lid a few times a day ... No pinning yet ... How long does it usually take for a casing to form knots/pins ? I also have light on them for 12-16 hours a day :rasta:

--------------------

OfflineStimpy913
Happy Happy Joy Joy
 User Gallery
    #9809611 - 02/16/09 05:50 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

zoom in on that the orange circles show pin heads the red i dunno i'd have to see it in person

--------------------
How to talk to cops

InvisibleJenn77x1
"Anastasia Beaverhausen"
Female

#9809786 - 02/16/09 06:21 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

OMG ... THANK YOU

I didn't see those at all ... I just went back there and theres all kinds of pins/I thought it was verm .... Ohhhh .... I'm so excited .... So I stop misting but keep fanning right ?

Thanks again :heart: That's Awesome !!!

--------------------

OfflinePsuper
Psilocybin

Loc: PNW
    #9809802 - 02/16/09 06:25 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

No, keep misting when needed as well. tell us how it goes. :sun: ~Pixie~

--------------------
Clinical Management of High Dose Psilocybin Sessions:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbHOTIqjZLk

InvisibleJenn77x1
"Anastasia Beaverhausen"
Female

Re: MONO TUB SUBSTRATE *** WHAT WORKS ??? [Re: Psuper]
    #9810405 - 02/16/09 08:34 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

I can't believe that ... Thanx again Stimpy913

Upon examination, there are a shit load of pins ...

That's crazy and I'm sorry but this is my first grow, so I'm a little excited !!!

I cropped a pic ... check it out !!!

They are so cute, mini mushies  :mushroom2:

--------------------

Invisibleartizen
JEFFERSONIAN
Male

Loc: HOME SWEET HOME
    #9810576 - 02/16/09 08:58 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

:yourock: congrats, i wish my first grow pinned that well.

--------------------
Formula: 0:levitate: Formula: 1                                                                                                     
HCA               AMU
IN  LOVING  MEMORY

1.6.1917  -  4.3.2010

InvisibleJenn77x1
"Anastasia Beaverhausen"
Female

Re: MONO TUB SUBSTRATE *** WHAT WORKS ??? [Re: artizen]
    #9810621 - 02/16/09 09:04 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Thank you ...

What do you think is the best way to take care of them after they pin ?

Still mist or not ? I've heard different things about this ... I'm trying to fan every time I think about it ... and the light has been on them for about 16 or 17 hrs on /  7 or 8 hrs off ...

Anything I should change ???      :rasta:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next > | Last >

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Boomr Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck