Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Rye Grain

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offline97gstee
Stranger
Just wondering what to do
    #9744813 - 02/05/09 11:29 PM (12 years, 25 days ago)

So i started off using the BRF jars.  I only pressure cooked three jars to start with, but i then changed my mind.  Instead of using the cakes i want to use rye grain and follow fahtsters Late casing Tek.  Well its been 17 days since inoculation, and no signs of colonization yet.  I took them out of the closet where i thought it was dark and warm enough and relocated them to the cabinet above the refridgerator in hopes some growth.  Its only been about three days since i moved them so im not too worried yet, but should I be?
Also, i want to be able to use the already colonized jars to inoculate however many rye jars i need.  From what ive read so far is that i can cut out peices of the mycelium and use those little chunks to inoculate new rye jars.  Is this accurate?

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineBuckeye Oysters
From Zero to Hero
 User Gallery

Re: Just wondering what to do [Re: 97gstee]
    #9744904 - 02/05/09 11:33 PM (12 years, 25 days ago)

If you haven't seen anything by now your jars are bad.  You don't need to incubate mycellium, 70-77F is fine.  You could cut pieces out of brf jar into rye jars, but you would need a sterile workplace (flowhood or stillbox) and sterile utensils.  You are better off inoculating rye jar masters and doing g2g with those in a stillbox or in front of flowhood.

--------------------
Evolution is Lamarckism in disguise.  Adaptation never creates a new species or trait, but rather the new species/trait always existed within the parent DNA until circumstances allowed it to be activated.  For instance, every wolf has the DNA for poodles, but that DNA would never be revealed without man selectively breeding for it.

Offline97gstee
Stranger
Re: Just wondering what to do [Re: Buckeye Oysters]
    #9744937 - 02/05/09 11:38 PM (12 years, 25 days ago)

interesting...i will go ahead and PC another jar since i only have about 2CC's left in my spore syringe.  that sucks though, i was hoping to not have to buy another syringe and just make my own after this :frown:

Offlinekami
newbie grow
Male

#9744944 - 02/05/09 11:40 PM (12 years, 25 days ago)

keep at her man

--------------------
My girlfriend used me as a mount!!!! :mad2:

When reading my posts pls refer to my title. A large amount of my knowlege is from this site. I mean to lead no1 a stray

I in no way shape or form partake in any sort of illegal activity, anything i post, say or do in this forum is completley hypothetical and is my way of exercising my right to FREE SPEECH. first amendment biatch

Invisibledropit
Mr
Male

Re: Just wondering what to do [Re: kami]
    #9745649 - 02/05/09 11:56 PM (12 years, 25 days ago)

Don't give up hope man. Its one of those better-luck-next-timers. Just try the grain tek and follow the procedures EXACTLY and hopefully you can get your own spores from the growth there man. Good-luck!:grin:

--------------------

Offline97gstee
Stranger
Re: Just wondering what to do [Re: dropit]
    #9800905 - 02/15/09 04:16 AM (12 years, 16 days ago)

I ended up only having enough spore solution left for one jar, so i went ahead and pressure cooked that and inoculated it.  I wrapped it in a clean t-shirt to keep it extra dark and a little warmer.  I relocated the jar to the shelf above the water heater, in its own closet, which i thought would be a perfect place for it.  It's finally started to show some sign of mycelium growth which im thankful for already.  As far as the other jars, one hasn't gone anywhere, and the other i left out on accident before i threw it away, and it started to show some mycelium, but then ended up contaminated.  Anyway, hopefully this jar will go somewhere and I can use this to inoculate many more jars.  I'll keep you posted with any progress, and if this actually turns out right, i'd like to make a picture/grow log.

Offline97gstee
Stranger
    #9873996 - 02/27/09 03:15 AM (12 years, 4 days ago)

ok so one of the jars has been colonizing quite well it seems. slowly but surely.  and i've sort of changed my plans as i said before.  I'm going to put the fully colonized jar in a glove box that i've made and cut peices out with sterile tools of course, and use those chunks to inoculate many more rye gran jars..
do you all think that would ideal?

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Rye Grain

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation