Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineMsPacMan
Stranger

Loc: Florida, USA
fruiting chamber
    #972642 - 10/18/02 03:26 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

How do you construct a fruiting chamber that doesn't have to be fanned out every day? would an air pump be enough? maybe two??? .any suggestions?

de-=-

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineRaadt
nicht

Loc: azurescending
Re: fruiting chamber [Re: MsPacMan]
    #972760 - 10/18/02 04:18 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

my setup's not automated, but that's a good Q. noone?

--------------------
Raadt

-- The information I provide is only information from readings, growing of gourmet mushrooms, and second hand stories--

Invisiblezeta
Stranger

#972778 - 10/18/02 04:29 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

You could install a fan or two and set them on a timer so that the air gets exchanged for, say, 10 minutes every 2 hours.

Invisibletripndicular
My Minds Eye IsRhizomorphic

Loc: Bowels of HELL
    #972780 - 10/18/02 04:30 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Just a bubbler system to help with humidty and fresh air , with holes in bottom of chamber (co2 settles in bottom) will flush automatically to some degree , but you would still have to open once in awhile to fan and mist to help maintain enviro .

Imagination ......where will it lead you ? :wink: 

--------------------
Any information I give is not intended to aide you in the production of potentialy illegal substances !None of my exp comes from growing illegal varities , so take it as you will .
So with that said here is our mission statement .

Then the priest fell into a trance or swoon,& said unto the Queen of heaven ; Write unto us the ordeals; write unto us the rituals; write unto us the law !

OfflineMsPacMan
Stranger

Re: fruiting chamber [Re: zeta]
    #972783 - 10/18/02 04:32 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

set a fan inside the tank? or hook it to the side and blow air in? sorry. hope those arent dumb questions.......

de-=-

Offlinehyper_dermic
stranger withcandy

Loc: the land of excess
    #972967 - 10/18/02 06:05 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

I have a totally automated system... i do nothing besides replace water every few weeks, and pick my lovely little friends when they are ready....

heres the low down, 2 big-ass rubbermaid bins with a nice little plexi window in the top :smile:
a coolmist humidifier
some 1 in pvc pipe
and a heavy duty timer from home depo....

the perlite provides tons of humidity for the rubbermaids...
the coolmist provides air exchange at the rate of 10min on every 2 hours....
(i like the coolmist idea better than fans because the air is humidified...)

i dont need to fan or mist....
the initial setup is a bit more work... but in the long run its great....
i cant hang around the house all day due to my work/school schedule so its perfect......
plus not opening the terrarium all the time to mist/fan helps cut down on contams...

hope this helps

[hyp]

OfflineOn_the_Down-Low
Polyfil-ophile-Say it 3 timesfast.

Re: fruiting chamber [Re: hyper_dermic]
    #973590 - 10/18/02 11:11 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

What about an exit for stale air? I've seen pics of someone using polyfil over the ehaust.

OfflineSkikid16
fungus fan

Loc: In the middle of the nort...
Re: fruiting chamber [Re: On_the_Down-Low]
    #973933 - 10/19/02 01:45 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

For air exhaust, you can cut holes in the side of your chamber, and fill with, yes polyfil, or a filter disk.

--------------------
Re-Defeat Bush in '04

OfflineMsPacMan
Stranger

Re: fruiting chamber [Re: Skikid16]
    #973966 - 10/19/02 02:01 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Damn, thanks all that helps a lot. whats a good cool mist humidifier? the vicks on is what i have been seeing, is that the same thing? i need to get started on this. all the jars i did with millet just took off. they will be ready soon. oh boy!!

laterzzzz

de-=-

Offlinehyper_dermic
stranger withcandy

Loc: the land of excess
    #974221 - 10/19/02 05:44 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

VIcks makes a cool mist, thats the one i use.....
took a while to tweak everything, but i think i got it down now :smile:

[hyp] 

OfflineOn_the_Down-Low
Polyfil-ophile-Say it 3 timesfast.

Re: fruiting chamber [Re: hyper_dermic]
    #976414 - 10/20/02 05:41 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Hey hyper,
what mister are you using?

What's your timer cycle?

Do you have any type of exhaust?

Offlinedjneutron
ummmm...idunnnnoooo

Loc: OHIO
Re: fruiting chamber [Re: On_the_Down-Low]
    #978215 - 10/20/02 09:30 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

this takes a little work to do, but far less work than the weeks u spend fanning...there is no need to fan at all if u use use this method...I'll try to explain, if i dont do well, let me know and i'll take some pics of the setup...

you will need to get 2 round or square filters 3 - 6 inches apart...cut a hole a little smaller than the filters on both sides of your growing chamber around middle way up and hot glue the filters around the wholes...then go to radio shack/or some place like that and buy 2 fans, at radio shack the catalog number for the fans is 273-241C, there are about 5 or 6 inch fans and work off a regular 120V outlet, they cost around 10 bucks a piece, u will also need some cheap short extention cords to spice and wire to the fans wires, (u just hook them together, and put electrical tape around them) it will be self explanatory or ask the guy at radio shack what i mean...  after that put the fans up to the filters and drill a hole into the growing chamber on each of the 4 corners of the fans..

you will use nuts and bolts to secure fan through the holes u just drilled to the growing chamber..

take one of the fans and place it on the INSIDE of the growing chamber so the filter is on the outside and the fan on the inside is PULLING air through the filter into the growing chamber....take the other fan and place it on the OUTSIDE of the filter on the other side of the growing chamber so it pulls the air out of the chamber..

I'm sure other people has though of this before, but i came up with it because i build competition car audio systems, and thats how i install fans in the amp racks..itz called a simple push/pull system....

that way the shroomies will get fresh air 24/7, just make sure u use good filter disks which u can purchase from vendors on here....as long as u use good filters and have a semi clean area where your chamber is, u will not have to worry about contamies gettin in, unless they get in when your misting...

of course u can use an automated mister for that so u don't even need to take your lid off...but thats a whole other story...

hope this helps :smile: 

--------------------
www.sporesrus.com

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom