Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
Re: Fasting [Re: RonaldFuckingPaul]
    #9732657 - 02/04/09 12:53 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

yeah, a water fast = rest only.  I was basically bedridden and it was awesome.  So theraputic and comfy. 

Quote:

reeferaddict69 said:
Hey moth did you fast until your tongue turned pink again or did you end it before then?  Just curious, thanks!

I was sick for days, really toxic, and then suddenly my tongue got clear, my breath was sweet, and my energy levels surged and all I could think about was crisp, green lettuce to the point where I was whimpering and having a panic attack in my throat because I needed it so bad. 

I'm sure I reached True Hunger.  My body was telling, "Okay enough for now."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineAlmond Flour
...get off my lawn!
Male

Re: Fasting [Re: MOTH]
    #9734198 - 02/04/09 12:28 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

I dont wanna fast during my school semester due to energy needed, and focus. However with all the Tea and liquids I drink, I feel pretty awesome the majority of the time. One thing I have been doing latley is eating 1 meal a day, and for the rest of my snacks eating Blue berries and apples. with that I drink Tea constantly through the day and notice real benefits.

--------------------
Hippies and Liberals love Pope Francis, so why dont I quote him for you guys. "There is NO SALVATION outside the Catholic Church" :morningtoke:

OfflineAlan RockefellerM
Mycologist
Male User Gallery

#9735877 - 02/04/09 05:36 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

It's not exactly fun but it is soooo good for the body.  I believe are bodies were made to fast at least a couple times a year because of all the toxins in the enviornment(mercury,lead,etc.)

How could not eating possibly be good for your body? 

Also, how would not eating get rid of toxins?

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Re: Fasting [Re: Alan Rockefeller]
    #9736645 - 02/04/09 07:50 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

RESEARCH :smile:

When your energy isn't busy digesting food, it can do other things, like clean out your cells of the toxins, like the ones that cause cancer and other debilitating and deadly disease.  I have talked to many people who were given a dire diagnosis and completely healed themselves of their cancer through a long water fast.

Fasting link

OfflineRonaldFuckingPaul
Our Dear Leader
Male User Gallery

Loc: Straight Outta Compton Flag
    #9736855 - 02/04/09 08:23 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

MOTH said:
RESEARCH :smile:

When your energy isn't busy digesting food, it can do other things, like clean out your cells of the toxins, like the ones that cause cancer and other debilitating and deadly disease.  I have talked to many people who were given a dire diagnosis and completely healed themselves of their cancer through a long water fast.

Fasting link

Took the words right outta my mouth.:crankdre:

--------------------

OfflineInnerStillness
<3 U
Male
    #9740334 - 02/05/09 11:58 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

I really enjoy fasting.  This month its my goal to complete a 4 day and a 7 day fast.  I'm about to start my 4 day fast tomorrow and I have it so i end on the full moon on Monday.  For a while I was fasting on every full moon.  Then, these past few months I have been fasting rather regularly yet sporadically.  In January I fasted quite a bit earlier in the month, maybe 7 days in 3 weeks spread out.  Its addicting! 

I believe its really good for the body to fast a couple times a month, those days which i fast are sometimes my most productive days.  Food takes up a massive amount of my time for some reason.  Some times I can sit on the computer for like 3 hours and just snack/read stuff.  Even if I am not that interested in the material, so long as I have something to munch on ill read it, or open a new tab and dive into some other subject for awhile, then switch back ect ect ect.  Some times I think i need help lol, it makes me mad when I give up my control like that, habitually.

Longest I have fasted was 2 days, my first fast was last year maybe around April.  It was quite a life changing experience.  To think that for everyday of my life up until that point I had always eaten was quite a shock.  I learned how much of a unconscious habit eating really is, and am still learning.  Even when I'm not hungry, I eat out of habit like most people.  I am hoping that I can work my way up to a long fast, much like Moth and Reeferaddict have completed, since I feel that it would truly be a life changing experience.

Offlinefazdazzle
Wanderer

#9740984 - 02/05/09 02:09 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

This might sound like a silly question, but what do you do when your bedridden due to physical weakness? When I'm bedridden from being sick I can deal with it cuz my head is so warped, but I would imagine fasting you'd feel pretty good upstairs while not being able to move? That seems like boredom central to me. I really do want to fast, but I'd like to be able to meditate for hours at a time before I do, so that I can meditate for most of my fast.

OfflineCannashroom
Smoke two Joints
Male User Gallery

Loc: Everywhere
Re: Fasting [Re: fazdazzle]
    #9741859 - 02/05/09 04:22 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

If you think about Humans that lived 20 000 years ago they would be fasting all the time.  After a big kill everyone would have lots to eat for a while, and then when food got scarce they would be forced to fast, our bodies are well adapted to it imo. I am really interested in fasting, but I might try out a juice feast first, since I don't see myself getting a enough days where I can't do anything, once school is over I have to work non-stop pretty much to pay for next year.

--------------------
"A human being is part of the whole, called by us 'Universe'; a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings as something separated from the rest -- a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness.

This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and affection for a few persons nearest us.

Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole nature in its beauty.

Nobody is able to achieve this completely but striving for such achievement is, in itself, a part of the liberation and a foundation for inner security."

Albert Einstein

Invisiblecheezeits
Lion in Zion
Re: Fasting [Re: fazdazzle]
    #9744285 - 02/05/09 08:54 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

exactly i work in a kitchen 5 days a week. between the constant orders and hard work maintaining the kitchen and the temptation to eat theres no way i can fast all the way.

OfflineRonaldFuckingPaul
Our Dear Leader
Male User Gallery

Loc: Straight Outta Compton Flag
Re: Fasting [Re: cheezeits]
    #9744891 - 02/05/09 09:32 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

DjLaureate said:
exactly i work in a kitchen 5 days a week. between the constant orders and hard work maintaining the kitchen and the temptation to eat theres no way i can fast all the way.

Do it when you're on vacation if you're lucky enough to have one :laugh:

--------------------

Invisiblewhattheheck
Chief Love Lover
Male

Loc: Denver Colorado
    #9746844 - 02/05/09 10:58 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

I love fasting. I've been doing it for 5 years in April and have done everything from 1 day juice fasts to a 20 day water only journey. I've gone through, and recorded with film and pictures, a lot of interesting stuff that I hope one day to put out for free.

At the end of my 20 day water fast, I was very thin, but I was SOOOO energized and focused that my power levels were through the roof. I was throwing a baseball a good 20 feet (at least) on the fly further than before I started, it was crazy.  Of course, I've also been on the other end of the spectrum and felt so bad a day or two in that I honestly had to quit.

Many words to describe it, but the bottom line is that I love fasting.

--------------------
A society whose whole idea is to eliminate suffering and bring it's members the greatest amount of comfort and pleasure is doomed to be destroyed -Thomas Merton

OfflineAmber_Glow
Sat Chit Anand

#9748806 - 02/06/09 10:08 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Can you fast and still function mentally and physically?

I have heard from some posters that they feel great when fasting and can even exercise.  Then we have others like MOTH who are bedridden for a week?  What?  Is fasting only something you can do when you are unemployed, on vacation, or have a job / lifestyle that is pretty sedentary?

Also, is it alright to fast during winter?

Right now it is generally below freezing every day where I live, and the heat in my room doesn't work that well (my room is fairly cold).  I would like to fast now because I actually AM unemployed but I fear it might not be safe to fast in this weather (shivering all day indoors, can't go outside, and wrecking my immune system).

OfflineGrapefruit
Freak in the forest
 User Gallery

Re: Fasting [Re: Amber_Glow]
    #9749425 - 02/06/09 12:22 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Two quick questions, cheers!:

How long does it generally take for your tongue to clear?

How long do you think i should aim for on my first water fast? I have fairly good willpower.

--------------------
Little left in the way of energy; or the way of love, yet happy to entertain myself playing mental games with the rest of you freaks until the rivers run backwards. 

"Chat your fraff
Chat your fraff
Just chat your fraff
Chat your fraff"

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Re: Fasting [Re: Amber_Glow]
    #9749457 - 02/06/09 12:28 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Amber_Glow said:
Can you fast and still function mentally and physically?

I have heard from some posters that they feel great when fasting and can even exercise.  Then we have others like MOTH who are bedridden for a week?  What?  Is fasting only something you can do when you are unemployed, on vacation, or have a job / lifestyle that is pretty sedentary?

Also, is it alright to fast during winter?

Right now it is generally below freezing every day where I live, and the heat in my room doesn't work that well (my room is fairly cold).  I would like to fast now because I actually AM unemployed but I fear it might not be safe to fast in this weather (shivering all day indoors, can't go outside, and wrecking my immune system).

When I fast and exercise, I couldn't go as long.  A fast for me is about healing and a deep physical and psychological rest.  I fasted during December/January of this year.  I enjoy winter fasting because I don't want to go out anywhere anyway.  :-)  If you fast in winter, make sure you keep yourself warm at all times.  If you're always warm, you feel pretty good. 

I did a ten day water fast and worked full time, as well as went to the gym.  I've done several 5-7 day fasts while working.  I was unemployed for my long fast, and took the opportunity to make it a total rest.  I am normally very high energy and very active with a lot of exercise.  I had to let go of that part of myself during the long fast. 

On my 18 day, I stayed in bed as much as possible, read books, watched nature dvds, and meditated.  It was very wonderful.  We often don't give ourselves complete rest in our society; there is great pressure to go go go, and always get stuff done.  So few of us ever get to experience complete rest.

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Re: Fasting [Re: Grapefruit]
    #9749538 - 02/06/09 12:44 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Grapefruit said:
Two quick questions, cheers!:

How long does it generally take for your tongue to clear?

How long do you think i should aim for on my first water fast? I have fairly good willpower.

Do one complete day.  If you can do one day, you can do more days.  It takes three days for the body to get into fasting mode and for all food to exit the body, depending on your diet.  After three days, just take it day by day. The tongue usually takes 14 days to 30 days to clear.  It depends on your body.

Whatever you do, break your fast properly, on fruit, or fruit smoothie.  Breaking your fast improperly can make you very very sick. 

Water fasting is no joke...be gentle with yourself and move slowly.  good luck

OfflineGrapefruit
Freak in the forest
 User Gallery

#9749809 - 02/06/09 01:43 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Thanks for the help :bow:. I think i am going to do a three day practice fast, starting with pre-fasting beginning Sunday with a trip at the end the monday after next. This thread has inspired me :grin:.

--------------------
Little left in the way of energy; or the way of love, yet happy to entertain myself playing mental games with the rest of you freaks until the rivers run backwards. 

"Chat your fraff
Chat your fraff
Just chat your fraff
Chat your fraff"

Invisiblewhattheheck
Chief Love Lover
Male

Loc: Denver Colorado
Re: Fasting [Re: Grapefruit]
    #9749966 - 02/06/09 02:12 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Each fast and each person are so different, but it's NOT a good idea to push your body when you're fasting.

--------------------
A society whose whole idea is to eliminate suffering and bring it's members the greatest amount of comfort and pleasure is doomed to be destroyed -Thomas Merton

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Re: Fasting [Re: whattheheck]
    #9750139 - 02/06/09 02:44 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

So true, whattheheck, no fast is ever the same.  Every fast I've done has been totally different from the next.

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
    #9750936 - 02/06/09 04:47 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

I have done 19 days of diluted juice fasting. 25% juice and 75% water.

I can honestly say I never felt better except maybe when I was a little kid.

My mood was especially high.

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Invisibletwo_rivers
mmm..
 User Gallery

Re: Fasting [Re: Icelander]
    #9751307 - 02/06/09 05:42 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

i've had been having digestive issues for the past year or so... visible and painful bloating.. along with other symptoms.. it's probably all too much information, so i won't go into it, but it seems like it may be colitis or something similar.  i haven't really gotten a proper diagnoses from a doctor and it seems like everything they do to either give me a diagnoses or treat me only makes me worse.

i've changed my diet around... but it doesn't seem to be having the desired effect.

i've always just ruled out the idea of fasting because i'm fairly thin to begin with and i figured if i tried, i'd waste away in a matter of days. but after i checked out that link moth posted.. it seems like that's not the case, after completing a fast, it may increase my ability to gain weight.. i only had a chance to skim through all of that information while at work, i'll read it more thoroughly later.

i'm going to hawaii in a week and i'm thinking i'm going to go for the long fast when i return.

because... is it even worth it to fast for a short period of time?  or is it best to just stick it out until your tongue clears up and you begin to feel hungry again?

and a couple more questions...

during the fast, do you add salt to your water or do what icelander did and mix in some juice to bring in some electrolytes?  is that necessary?

and does it matter much what you eat leading up to the fast?

and when finally breaking the fast, moth mentioned that you should do it with fruit or a fruit smoothie.. but is this just for one meal, or for a few days and then return to a regular diet, etc.?

sorry if my questions could have been answered through the link, but there's a lot of information to sort through.. i'll get to it eventually before i begin... but it'd just be nice to hear it personally from somebody.

thanks.

:japsmile:

--------------------
:kodama:

Save Shroomerites Anonymous!

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order