Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineronjohn7779
Stranger

Re: Thinking outside the box without grain [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #9705289 - 01/30/09 11:44 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

RogerRabbit said:
Quote:

all this problem with grain prices going up, esp. corn and wheat because of the so-called need for biofuels, it could get to the point where it prices itself outside our comfort zone

I feel fairly certain that with a more intelligent regime in power, the corporate welfare to farmers that spawned the horrible idea of depleting our soil for energy will pass, and grain prices will return to normal levels.
RR

If your talking about the president of the united states...then I'd say he has little to do with grain price and for the most part the economy as a whole (a side for a couple of powers). In any case for years and years grain producers and produce producers as a whole have been price takers. I.E. what ever the market rate for grains was is based off of supply and demand and they were forced into taking that price. They literally couldn't raise their prices because someone else either in US or abroad was willing to sell it at the market rate or lower. Since grains have for the most part been produced in abundance (they're easy to grow and you can have a huge crop fairly easy) the price has generally been kept low because of the larger than normal supply compared to the demand, Basically this has prevented them from raising prices for a long while. We all had some strange grain shortages all around the world not too long ago so that could boost up price a bit because there's contending demand elsewhere.  However now that the economy is all wacked out and we had that crazy gas price increase this past summer all of the farms have united and literally stopped being price takers. All they've said is just expect to pay more for all produce (vegetables, fruits, grains, ect..). Thats pretty fucking lame if you ask me, but I'm shocked its taken them this long to pull this crap off. In any case I learned all about this in one of my econ classes and I wrote a term paper on a very similar subject not all that long ago.

What all this boils down to is I wouldn't worry about grains being too expense to the point that no one could afford them. Prices tend to hit a price cap of sorts and price almost always fall after that. And if price continue to stay high usually the Government will give some sort of incentive to grow additional crops. Some how everything seems to work out in the end.

--------------------
"Lennox Lewis, I'm coming for you man. My style is impetuous. My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat his children. Praise be to Allah!" An American Hero Iron Mike!

Edited by ronjohn7779 (01/30/09 11:48 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinehoudinihar
Adventurous Learner
 User Gallery

Re: Thinking outside the box without grain [Re: Shroominit]
    #9705815 - 01/30/09 01:53 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

RogerRabbit and Shroominit,Thanks.
God only knows how much insanity we can cook up literally. I do also hope our prices return to a more normal price floor. we don't want tulipmania for our foodstuffs.

large grain bags are a great idea and i have the storage space for that. could probably find those locally at a grain gin here.

i appreciate your insights.
also, i'm cooking up the beans (lentils) now. :grin: i'll keep youp posted.

houdinihar

Offlinejust me
Friend
Male User Gallery

Loc: IL/MO/FL/TX/HI/OR
Re: Thinking outside the box without grain [Re: houdinihar]
    #9706548 - 01/30/09 04:08 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

houdinihar said:
so what about another type of encapsulted food--like beans

mix with rice

mexicans say this is a complete protein :lol:

--------------------

--------------------------------------------------

-pEaCeLoVeGoDbLeSs-

"The Downfall of Mankind; is Believing He Has Limitations."

Offlinehoudinihar
Adventurous Learner
 User Gallery

Re: Thinking outside the box without grain [Re: just me]
    #9728208 - 02/03/09 12:00 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

hello all,
okay i have just cooked up some lentils again. i forgot to add the gypsum to the first batch and they stuck together like glue, plus i overfilled the jars.
this second batch is just fine. no lumping or clumping and not overfilled. i'll see how they take an inoculant.
also lentils are cheaper than wheat..

we'll see,
houdinihar

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies