Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleCognitive_Shift
CS actual
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: So I just got out of the psyche ward [Re: Angel_Above]
    #9726790 - 02/03/09 01:43 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

As a process occurs (that takes time for this to occur) the entropy increases.  It most certainly has to do with duration (time)

--------------------
L'enfer est plein de bonnes volontés et désirs

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePreyToGod
peace.pot.microdot.
Male

Loc: truckin,,,
Re: So I just got out of the psyche ward [Re: Cognitive_Shift]
    #9726881 - 02/03/09 02:30 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

tonight when i dosed, i thought of you.  :still am: and am curios, do you always feel "smirky"?  do you realize how of little importance all this "face" is and it seems so easy to whipe away?

--------------------
"We live together, we act on, and react to, one another but always and in all circumstances we are by ourselves... By its very nature every embodied spirit is doomed to suffer and enjoy in solitude." Huxuly
the man in black fled across the desert and the gunslinger followed

just because we all see the:greenshroom:
doesn't mean we all see the same
:mushroom2:

I pushed my fingers through the earth, returned this flower to the dirt. so it could live, I walked away now. But I know... Not a day goes by when I don't feel this burn. There's a point we pass from which we can't return. I've felt the cold rain of the coming storm
None but ourselves can free our minds.”

InvisibleCognitive_Shift
CS actual
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: So I just got out of the psyche ward [Re: PreyToGod]
    #9726883 - 02/03/09 02:35 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

huh?

--------------------

OfflineInnoculus
 User Gallery

Loc: 0.0.0.1
    #9727009 - 02/03/09 04:20 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Wow... Things like this really make me question the validity and safety of my psychedelic usage.  I wonder if I'm just as susceptible.  It's a struggle between whether I want to continue my life knowing what I do and living as everyone else does, or becoming so assimilated with truth that I'm considered unfit to function in normal society.  I'm scared, but a part of me doesn't see a difference, either way.

I'm not sure what I'm saying.  I'm slightly drunk, but these things still trigger an extreme emotional response.

I guess time will tell.

OfflineDimensionX
King of Birds
Male

Loc: Australia Flag
Re: So I just got out of the psyche ward [Re: Innoculus]
    #9727029 - 02/03/09 04:35 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

I don't think its the experience which is the problem, its the way we react to it. You can worry and stress out and drive yourself crazy, or you can just chill out and clear your mind.I know this can be a hard thing to accomplish but worrying and over analyzing is not going to solve anything.

Edited by DimensionX (02/03/09 04:36 AM)

InvisibledeCypher
 User Gallery

Re: So I just got out of the psyche ward [Re: yageman]
    #9727297 - 02/03/09 07:30 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

yageman said:
Quote:

deCypher said:
In the common vernacular maybe, but I always like to be precise.  :shrug:

There are no facts in science; merely theories that haven't been disproven yet.

Thats pretty easy to say though.

Not good at math or reading about such profound subjects?

Go find another thread to fuck up.

Dumbass........
I mean, shit dude.......really?

Sorry

You ever have anything constructive to say?

lol

--------------------
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

OfflineInnoculus
 User Gallery

Re: So I just got out of the psyche ward [Re: deCypher]
    #9727305 - 02/03/09 07:33 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

deCypher said:
Quote:

yageman said:
Quote:

deCypher said:
In the common vernacular maybe, but I always like to be precise.  :shrug:

There are no facts in science; merely theories that haven't been disproven yet.

Thats pretty easy to say though.

Not good at math or reading about such profound subjects?

Go find another thread to fuck up.

Dumbass........
I mean, shit dude.......really?

Sorry

You ever have anything constructive to say?

lol

I like drugs.

OfflineWapakz
1000 Needles
 User Gallery

Re: So I just got out of the psyche ward [Re: PreyToGod]
    #9727327 - 02/03/09 07:45 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

krypto2000, I just read your OP, and I strongly suggest if you want to talk to ANYONE about this kind of thing, it would be a user named Nemo2112. He took LSD for the first time and never came down, and his family had him put in a Psych Ward. He was there for several weeks until he surfaced, and even then he was given heavy medication.

I talked to him a bit about it through PMs, because it took me a long time to come down too. I was able to keep it under my belt but for some reason (even through the substances had left my system at that point) I was still contemplative and totally engulfed in the religious experience people attribute to LSD. Took a couple of days, but afterward I was never able to look at organized religion the same way.

--------------------

OfflineInnoculus
 User Gallery

Re: So I just got out of the psyche ward [Re: Wapakz]
    #9727333 - 02/03/09 07:49 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

I don't understand how this happens to people.  I feel those same things, then come down right on schedule.  Almost normal the next day.  Then after that it's just... same old same old.

OfflineWapakz
1000 Needles
 User Gallery

#9727344 - 02/03/09 07:54 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Sometimes it's mental instability that can cause a person to have problems (like if you have a history of some sort of receptive mental illness in the family), or sometimes your body isn't able to cope with the substance, so you do a heroic dose your first time and it totally mucks up your receptors to the point of permanently damaging them. I think this is a mental disorder called (I think?) synthestesia, which makes people naturally 'trip' because the sensory receptors are naturally intertwined. So from the moment they wake up in the morning they're "smelling purple" or "feeling tasty" etc.

--------------------

OfflineInnoculus
 User Gallery

#9727357 - 02/03/09 08:00 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

I wasn't aware that it was a disorder, so much as a symptom of tripping.  I've never really experienced any synesthesia in the more widely known sense.  I've felt sound moving all the way through me, around me, and... becoming me.  But I've never really SEEN it like I expected to, or smelled colors or sounds.  A lot of people in my family are at least a little bit crazy, but I like to think I'm the most stable person in my family that I know.  Most just suffer from empty-headedness or simple delusions.  Not weird delusions either.  Just stupid people thinking they're not stupid and unable to own up to that they don't know everything.  That's most people, though.

OfflineWapakz
1000 Needles
 User Gallery

#9727389 - 02/03/09 08:23 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

AHH! I found it! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Synesthesia

I spelled it wrong, but it was the same basic idea. Synesthesia. It's quite fascinating. Yeah, it's totally real. Imagine being in a permanent state of tripping. Makes people see regular objects with more vivid colour and other interesting and curious things. It's worth a read.

--------------------

OfflineInnoculus
 User Gallery

Re: So I just got out of the psyche ward [Re: Wapakz]
    #9727549 - 02/03/09 09:11 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Sounds like some crazy form of autism.

Offlinetempingasashaman
\\\\\\\\////////\\\\\\\\
 User Gallery

Loc: under the rainbow
    #9728452 - 02/03/09 12:57 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

I think if you dose high enough you will eventually smell orange. I like to taste red or blue though.

Or maybe some people just aren't going to experience synesthesia? The beach on three hits of LSD did it for me, but Jesus showed up too...

--------------------
the greatest use of life is to spend it on something that will outlast it

Offlineanevsky
Dilettante
 User Gallery

Re: So I just got out of the psyche ward [Re: krypto2000]
    #9729211 - 02/03/09 03:35 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Krypto-

I wish you the clarity and stillness to make sense of it all.  Things will re-integrate.  You will do the dishes and think normal thoughts.  And you will still be able to reach out and know what you have seen.  It will never leave you, but it will become foggier with time.  That is clearly both a blessing and a curse.  But our fragile minds can not manage the paradox of life - we were not built to stand atop the mountain like Zarathusa - and if you look at Nietzsche's life you may find some similarities.

So, my words to you - thanks for sharing.  Life is indeed more complex then our miniscule brains can even begin to comprehend.  Sometimes it seems like we need to "break" down the middle because how can two so seemingly exclusive notions (I am myself, I am nothing) be held equally well and given the respect they each deserve.

If you would like to chat, PM me.

Take care, my love goes out to you.
-a

Offlinemitchy30
Seven Deuce offsuit
 User Gallery

#9729373 - 02/03/09 04:05 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

krypto2000 said:
As some of you know I tripped on some LSD and Mescaline about a month ago and basically didn't come down.

A couple days after it happened I went to the DR and got some antipsychotics, took em for 3 days, thought I was better and quite cause I don't like the idea of taking drugs for no reason, and I didn't like the way they made me feel.

Mixing mescaline and LSD can be downright bad.
You didn't come down from the trip, you got anti-psychotics for it, and you quit them because you feel there is no reason to take them?
Sounds to me like you have an excellent reason to take them.
Wow dude. I hope you feel better soon. Bummer man, Good vibes to you. Listen to your doctors.

Edited by mitchy30 (02/03/09 04:15 PM)

InvisibleSophistic Radiance
Free sVs!
Female

Loc: Center of the Universe
    #9729501 - 02/03/09 04:30 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Yeah... I totally hope I never wind up in the psych ward. :frown:

Best of luck to you, OP, hope you find a good path through all of this. Try to avoid antipsychotics is the best advice I can give.

--------------------
Enlil said:
You really are the worst kind of person.

InvisibleCognitive_Shift
CS actual
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: So I just got out of the psyche ward [Re: Sophistic Radiance]
    #9729521 - 02/03/09 04:33 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Doctors don't even know how anti-psychotics work.

--------------------

Offlinelobotomix
Stranger

Re: So I just got out of the psyche ward [Re: mitchy30]
    #9729534 - 02/03/09 04:35 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

mitchy30 said:
Mixing mescaline and LSD can be downright bad.
You didn't come down from the trip, you got anti-psychotics for it, and you quit them because you feel there is no reason to take them?
Sounds to me like you have an excellent reason to take them.
Wow dude. I hope you feel better soon. Bummer man, Good vibes to you. Listen to your doctors.

you assume doctors always know best,
big mistake my friend.

doctors often prescribe pharmaceutical drugs that are damaging to the body and/or mind.
unless absolutely necessary, i would advise against the use of any kind of pharmaceutical drugs to alleviate symptoms.

not only because most pharmaceutical drugs treat the SYMPTOMS, and do not heal the causes;
but also because of the side-effects (like i just said)

for example: antidepressive drugs leave many people feel depersonalized for years after quit taking them.
antidepressive drugs make many people become more depressed/insane than they were before taking them.

i assume that antipsychotic drugs will neither be very healthy for the brain/mind.
i think in the case of psychosis, the best solution is to get take time off from work... do some daily physical exercise... do meditation...

this way the mind will have the opportunity to come to grips with reality naturally.
taking a low dose of xanax or valium will help to calm down if the feelings become a bit too intense. (make sure not to get addicted to benzo's cause they can be habit forming and withdrawl symptoms/sideeffects can be nasty!)

i think in 2 cases treatment with antipsychotic drugs might be preffered:
- if the psychosis becomes too extreme to handle; and thus you feel like you can't stay in this state for another day and need a quick fix.
- if you feel that after a couple of weeks the psychotic symptoms haven't become significantly weaker...

i think that in all cases of antipsychotic use,
it would be best to take them for as short amount of time as possible.
for example: if the doctors recommend a treatment of 3 months, i'd try to take them only for 3 days.
i suspect a very short term treatment with antipsychotics might give the brain the little kick in the back
it needs to restabilize.

i suspect long term treatment with antipsychotic symptoms will give longlasting side-effects after discontinuation,
and give the brain/mind a harder time to heal than if there would have been no antipsychotic treatment at all.
i suspect that longterm use of antipsychotic drugs might prevent proper healing of brain and mind.

warning, i'm an amateur and don't have that much knowledge about psychosis and anti psychotic drugs,
the post above are just my suspicions of what i think would be the best treatment for psychosis... suspicions shaped by my limited knowledge and experience with psychotic people.

Edited by lobotomix (02/03/09 04:42 PM)

InvisibleSophistic Radiance
Free sVs!
Female

Loc: Center of the Universe
    #9729535 - 02/03/09 04:35 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Doctors don't really know how psychosis works in the first place so I'm naturally pretty leery about something called an "anti-psychotic." Hardly seems like much of a step up from an exorcism.

--------------------
Enlil said:
You really are the worst kind of person.

Edited by Tchan909 (02/03/09 04:36 PM)

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder