Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineLSDXM
What Doth Life?
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: The 518
Re: So I just got out of the psyche ward [Re: Salomon]
    #9723083 - 02/02/09 02:45 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

So basically you've done a lot of explaining about everything except

what happened to you.

I'm pretty sure that's what we'd like to know about.

So far what I know is:
You had some "realizations" that were a little too weird for you?
What were they
How did they interfere with your everyday life?
Did they just make you think that shit like jobs and relationships were stupid, or was there some other effect?
Were you seeing visuals that were too intense to be ordinary through?

--------------------

The number of times I edit my post is directly related to the number of times I've hit the bong :bonghit2:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleAbuse
end of the line

#9723090 - 02/02/09 02:47 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

REALLY sorry to hear about this :frown: I think we all forget the possible consequences at times.

Hope ya get better soon :thumbup:

--------------------

Edited by Abuse (02/02/09 02:47 PM)

OfflineEM455
Dominican newbie
Female User Gallery

Loc: Santo Domingo, Dominican ...
Re: So I just got out of the psyche ward [Re: Odum]
    #9723284 - 02/02/09 03:13 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Be assured that we WON'T think you were crazy if you share your thoughts....I mean...it's the shroomery xD everything in here would seem crazy to people

Offlinewireless
Thizziswhatis
Male User Gallery

Re: So I just got out of the psyche ward [Re: Angel_Above]
    #9723333 - 02/02/09 03:20 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Angel_Above said:
What the hell?
This kind of deters me from trying psychedelics... You seem quite intelligent to me. Not saying anyone in the psyche ward is crazy, but you had flashbacks for 4 days? That's some intense shit.

I'm glad you're alright.

What did they do to you, are you still alright?

Re-read what he said. They weren't flash backs for four days.

It kind of shocks me how often people take things out of context. Anyways, this is one case and I am sure he was susceptible to his illness and that's the reason he got it. This was finally the trip that just made things snap.

OfflineGrapefruit
Freak in the forest
 User Gallery

Re: So I just got out of the psyche ward [Re: wireless]
    #9723624 - 02/02/09 03:59 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Possible kundalini awakening? Not that i know much on the subject?

--------------------
Little left in the way of energy; or the way of love, yet happy to entertain myself playing mental games with the rest of you freaks until the rivers run backwards. 

"Chat your fraff
Chat your fraff
Just chat your fraff
Chat your fraff"

OfflineAngel_Above
Nobody
Male

Re: So I just got out of the psyche ward [Re: Grapefruit] * 1
    #9723685 - 02/02/09 04:06 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

I'm glad you're able to write all that, despite all that happened.

You will be fine.

If you say that meditation helps so much, why not stop taking the pills and keep meditating? It seems as if your mind is more stable than you think, and if you do decide to take psychedelics again, start low.

Don't push your limits right when you went through all this because of them.

Offlineyageman
already dead
 User Gallery

Re: So I just got out of the psyche ward [Re: wireless]
    #9723741 - 02/02/09 04:14 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

This is fucked because I had some really interesting PM interaction with this dude about his issue before he went to the er.
  The kind of conversations worth having on the internet.
I would recommend what lsdreamer said.  Get off those meds as soon as you are confident enough to do so.
  The most real way to deal with this weird shift is to understand it, and thats really hard when you are medicated.

I know exactly what this guy is talking about and more than what you can read here.
  He is talking about an intense schizophrenic issue.  Not that he is a typical schizophrenic.  Id call him schizotypal.

If you dont use it you loose it.
How I dealt with it?
No weed, told my family and friends(even though they had no idea something was "off", and I started to drink.
Did the same thing every day, visited friends nightly, drank beer to get stupid, have fun, and remember what its like to be as normal as I once was.  I was never normal if you can ever even say that.
The alcohol didnt HELP.  It just dumbed me down to a point where I assimilated back into my old self somewhat comfortably.

For me this breaking point was always a work in progress.  I had to work for it, and then it happened.
  I dont use psychedelics anymore, but oh the things I learned.
I wouldnt give up those hard times even if I could.
It was awsome, and really fucking trippy for a long time.  Really interesting, and most of all, intimidating as hell.

Just thought id drop a line because you all seem to think he was being too blunt, as if he wasnt explaining it in full for no good reason.
Im not sure you can ever do this shit justice unless you write a long ass book.

Some things you just cant keep.  So you have to loose it over time, and sadly you have to do this on purpose.

Word up schizotypal psychedelic users!
I believe you as much as you believe yourself, because you are either really lucky, and or really fucked...........lol

Never totally broken, no matter how bad it gets.

In time.

--------------------
[quote]Me_Roy said:
You moron. Material is material is material.  No 'thing' fixes any situation.  If anything were so simple we would be living in a much better world.[/quote] <-----the dumbest thing I have ever read in my life.
Thanks shroomery.

InvisibleCognitive_Shift
CS actual
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: So I just got out of the psyche ward [Re: krypto2000]
    #9723773 - 02/02/09 04:22 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

How experienced are you with psychedelics OP?

What your explaining are symptoms of schizophrenia.  Many of them.

--------------------
L'enfer est plein de bonnes volontés et désirs

Offlineyageman
already dead
 User Gallery

Re: So I just got out of the psyche ward [Re: Cognitive_Shift]
    #9723838 - 02/02/09 04:33 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Cognitive_Shift said:

As was the case with D. mckenna

They are not just one thing or the other.
They are not only symptoms of schizophrenia.

For some people, some of the deepest effects of psychedelic drugs resemble schizophrenia.  Like a fucking blue print for something that can go terribly wrong.

So where did all of this "we are all connected hippy bullshit" come from?
  Probably somewhere that aint bullshit.
Not everyone read about that shit in books before they started tripping.

This "we are all connected hippy bullshit" can get pretty deep and very weird for some people.

Psychedelics are just that interesting.

--------------------
[quote]Me_Roy said:
You moron. Material is material is material.  No 'thing' fixes any situation.  If anything were so simple we would be living in a much better world.[/quote] <-----the dumbest thing I have ever read in my life.
Thanks shroomery.

InvisibleCognitive_Shift
CS actual
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: So I just got out of the psyche ward [Re: yageman]
    #9723852 - 02/02/09 04:35 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

yageman said:
Quote:

Cognitive_Shift said:

As was the case with D. mckenna

They are not just one thing or the other.
They are not only symptoms of schizophrenia.

For some people, some of the deepest effects of psychedelic drugs resemble schizophrenia.  Like a fucking blue print for something that can go terribly wrong.

So where did all of this "we are all connected hippy bullshit" come from?
  Probably somewhere that aint bullshit.
Not everyone read about that shit in books before they started tripping.

This "we are all connected hippy bullshit" can get pretty deep and very weird for some people.

Psychedelics are just that interesting.

Yeah when im tripping i would be considered clinically insane by most people.  But the drug wears off, the OP feels like he "never came down"

--------------------

Offlineyageman
already dead
 User Gallery

#9724005 - 02/02/09 05:01 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

This happens though.
Its not necessarily schizophrenia(broad term).

Its being VERY effected by a psychedelic experience, or even a psychedelic lifestyle.

The after effects of a heavy psychedelic experience.

To have a 2 week after glow(or much longer) is not some unheard of thing.

Thats what this is.

Schizotypal people are probably MUCH MORE LIKELY to experience such a thing, and they are usually just fine and deal with it, and more likely than not they experience these drugs a bit differently.

Ever notice that joe shmo, backwards hat, hippest shit, hippest persona, totally normal boring human mammal trips in a completely different way than intelligent unique people?  Insert female scenario here...........
Fucker gets drunk on mushrooms, falls down, comes down, wakes up and drinks some coffee, and then is all like "man I was so fucked up last night".

For people who are nothing like that, after glow can stick.
Little subtle differences enter consciousness and then they try to figure out what they experienced last night/last week, and what they experienced the night of the trip.

There are varying degrees of psychedelic envelopment.
Thats mainly what im saying.

After afew trips, I never "fully" came down.  I just kept adding to this "thing" after that.

Does hppd exist, anyone ever wondered about that?
This is how it happens.
And this is one of the places it can go.

Hppd is as real as schizophrenia.

Ps:  shhhhhhhh...(They are best friends)

--------------------
[quote]Me_Roy said:
Thanks shroomery.

Edited by yageman (02/02/09 05:59 PM)

InvisibleCognitive_Shift
CS actual
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #9724012 - 02/02/09 05:03 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

After psychedelic use my mind has changed but not like OP.

--------------------

OfflineAngel_Above
Nobody
Male

#9724024 - 02/02/09 05:04 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

My HPPD doesn't exist anymore.

The last trip cured it.

Offlineyageman
already dead
 User Gallery

#9724029 - 02/02/09 05:05 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

I know, and thats why we are all like snowflakes.

Makes life more intresting.

--------------------
[quote]Me_Roy said:
Thanks shroomery.

Invisiblepolantis
Prototype v7.3 Alpha
Male User Gallery

Loc: Austraalis Flag
    #9724109 - 02/02/09 05:20 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Nice post yageman.

I have a question...(especially the OP) When people say they never came down, do you think that is has a connection to 'forgetting' your tripping? Most have experienced it for a bit, when you forget you've taken anything...But when you completely forget, coming back to reality can almost seem like the trip?

--------------------
We do not know what we want and yet we are responsible for what we are - that is the fact.
Jean-Paul Sartre

Offlineyageman
already dead
 User Gallery

Re: So I just got out of the psyche ward [Re: polantis]
    #9724304 - 02/02/09 05:49 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

polantis said:

I have a question...(especially the OP) When people say they never came down, do you think that is has a connection to 'forgetting' your tripping? Most have experienced it for a bit, when you forget you've taken anything...But when you completely forget, coming back to reality can almost seem like the trip?

In my case that has nothing to do with it.
For most people who have hppd or say they have lifelong after effects it just has to do with experiencing new wiring in their brain or new routers and they have the ability to navigate them in a more intricate way when "sober".
  Just like the visuals I see all day every day.
Whether or not they were always there is always a hilarious discussion.
  They were always there, and now I can see them in full due to new neurological framework.  More fusion, more viewable connections.
Its kind of like, one day my brain gave me two for the price of one, and it became fairly obvious to me that it divides like cells do.
exponential.
Like, I just looked at my pack of smokes and could create a swell of original classical music at the same time as it erupts from my pack of smokes just by looking at the little white words that are probably telling me some of the reasons why I shouldnt smoke.
It was somewhat visual too.
The slice of sharp cheese beside me ooooozes sound and color.  Its potentiality is endless.
It could teach me a thing or two.

Maybe it does have something to do with how tripping merges with your day to day reality.
  The catalyst is not often something so simple as, "because you forgot that you were tripping".

Its very mechanical.  Not so normal.

--------------------
[quote]Me_Roy said:
Thanks shroomery.

Edited by yageman (02/02/09 06:10 PM)

OfflineDesos
Stranger

#9724380 - 02/02/09 05:59 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

i guess i never really came down all the way.  it's like normal life for me is about the same as a very low level acid trip.  usually aren't any visuals, but sometimes.  sometimes ill have deja vu, but on a higher level; like i can tell what is about to happen.  i don't consider it a bad thing though, or any kind of mental disorder.  just being more in tune with the true nature of reality.  perception is normalcy.

what do you mean by schizotypal?  im beginning to wonder if this is me.

also OP i know exactly what you mean about going in and getting out of the psych ward.  i went into one once(against my will), i was absolutely horrified at first.  having all your freedoms taken away like that is fucking horrific.  my roomate was a schizo blud, i was too scared to even sleep at night.  i eventually got to know him though, he was pretty cool... just had a really fucked up life.  but after i got out it was so incredible.  i went outside and just lay in the breeze and simply enjoyed the simple pleasures of life.  i was so happy to be able to experience nature again.

psych wards really aren't that bad though, it's not like in movies.  you actually get treated fairly well, you just can't leave.

--------------------
I am Jack's inflamed sense of rejection.

Offlineyageman
already dead
 User Gallery

Re: So I just got out of the psyche ward [Re: Desos]
    #9724615 - 02/02/09 06:40 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

One of my good friends is a med'd out full blown schizo.
Not too functional and it has little to do with the fact that he has used hallucinogens or even the fact that he still smokes weed almost every day.
  He is not the smartest guy, thinks he is all rasta(doesnt know what that is though).

Id fucking diagnose him as a full blown schizophrenic.
The meds make him coherent, skinny and I guess for most people, he is more social/fun.

Still, Im as weird as he is, and we have fun.

He has it so bad that I could almost make it sound like a disease(which is how most people look at this disorder if you can even call it that).
He is OK now.  Still weird and everyone thinks he is a very cool dude.

I just have my shit under control.
He cant pick and choose.  His meds do that for him.
  I am probably more of an anomaly than he is, but im a sciency guy and just had my weird shit under control at a young age psychedelics and all.
Without his meds he is pretty nutty.
Paranoid schizophrenic, and we all love him.

I could have been that way and I know that, especially when considering my family history and my resposible use of psychedelics over the years.

It hit him at the age of 20.

He is fucking awsome.

Im almost the same guy, but I can seperate my psychedelic and mind fucking studies from my day to day life if I so chose.

He creates seperate realities sometimes.
I do too, but I can navigate these planes with pure intention.
I wish he could do that because I think in a perfect world, he would be very good at it.

--------------------
[quote]Me_Roy said:
Thanks shroomery.

Offlinepfxtc
RUEXP?
 User Gallery

Loc: Flag
    #9724853 - 02/02/09 07:20 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

silly kids and their drugs.

--------------------

koods said:
Young male going by the name "Bassfreak" entered Worcester General complaining of a sharp pain in his buttock region after attending EDM event. Attending physician considered a possible diagnosis of acute rave anus, but upon further investigation it was determined there was nothing cute about patient's anus.

Life-long trip report

OfflineLSDXM
What Doth Life?
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: The 518
Re: So I just got out of the psyche ward [Re: Desos]
    #9724929 - 02/02/09 07:32 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Desos said:
what do you mean by schizotypal?  im beginning to wonder if this is me.

Schizotypy is basically being weird, but not nuts

Salvador Dali was schizotypal
As am I

Personally I suspect that a lot of people diagnosed as having asperger's are schizotypal (and sheltered more than normal at the same time)

I'd also suspect that, like Yageman said, people who take tripping to *That Level* are schizotypal.

It seems obvious exactly *what* happened to this guy, I just wanna hear it from his mouth because I want to know why he couldn't handle it. I'd also like to hear what happened to Yageman (more specifically than the description given here)

I really wanna know because I want to know if there's something I'm missing, because as far as I can tell I've been *there* more times than I can count, to the point where birds chirping turned to binary and, as I sat and listened, the entire universe progressively became (essentially) math; like, not that I *thought of it that way*, but it was experientially, physically mathematical. I heard/saw/felt/smelt/tasted everything as being either a 1 or 0

It didn't go away for about three weeks, but I was still able to function normally, and go to work the next day. I just had to repeatedly stop myself from speaking in 101010101000100101010

Note: I'm sure I wasn't accurate, I'm pretty sure that I didn't actually learn the binary language from swallowing four hits of index paper impregnated with lsd, but I definitely thought I did.

Point is, what about it fucked you up so bad? Were you just not ready for it? Did you not expect it to happen? Was there something much more fucked up that I'm just not getting?

I mean, it's not like that only happened to me once.
More like every time I've ever done a psychedelic.
But I've never had a problem dealing with it as soon as the chemical wore off.

Which is not to say I had an EASY time dealing with it, but... I wanted it to happen, it's the whole reason I took the drugs to begin with.

I dunno.
I just don't get why you would go to the psych ward.
My words are jiggling right now, the four members of Black Sabbath to my left are mocking me with their expressions as we speak, and pretty much everything small is either melting or swirling to some degree.
All in VERY, VERY significant, meaningful (creepily meaningful) ways.

Am I just integrating it better or what?

--------------------

The number of times I edit my post is directly related to the number of times I've hit the bong :bonghit2:

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order