Home | Community | Message Board

Zamnesia.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Rye Grain, Vermiculite, Wild Bird Seed

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinebirdisaword
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Africa
Knots or nots?
    #9721525 - 02/02/09 09:18 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

See any knots? I think its just fuzzy myc... allthough those heads are kinda hard and look like mini brocolli (sp.).

It my first set of babies... and I had to go do an unusual strain that just seems to do everything difirent to normal cubes... includeing a difirent trip too...by reports from this weekend from two friends who also got spores from the same guy. ( I started last, and had the most problems... but now the tide is turning... :smile: )

It is the transkei strain, which agressively overgrows anything you could think of caseing it with, so it has not been cased...

Its a kind of experimant grow... about 95%$ colonised... pics looks worse than it is, I just spread out some unmyced bits over the rest (I didnt do a good job at mixing through out the tank... wanted to see what works, so I mixed and matched "styles". The side that dod the best also had about an inch of aquarium gravel underneath for drainage and soaking up heavy gases (if that exists :P ), I think it might also assit air circulation from the bottom...

once this TK straion gets to the top, it doesnt realy accept water... it becomes like a ducks back... I mist, then it looks sad for the rest of the day, but puffs right up by the evening... growth has been astoundig these last 3 days or so... (I have been takeing a pic every day).

I also cased some under verm, but its growing nowwhere near as good as this caveman pooh tek... (its very dry and warm here at the moment).

Edited by birdisaword (02/02/09 09:19 AM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineVermonster420
I gotta have more cowbell !
 User Gallery

Loc: Standin' On the Moon
Re: Knots or nots? [Re: birdisaword]
    #9721544 - 02/02/09 09:25 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

You really shouldn't try to fruit with uncolonized sub showing but you already know that.  If the myc won't colonize an area, it indicates there is another contam occupying that area.
There is healthy myc there though and you may get some fruits before it all goes green.  Provide tons of FAE and good luck!

--------------------
To thine own self be true.
That which does not kill me makes me stronger.
Ass...it's the NEW pussy!
"Gungah-DeGungah"

Offlinebirdisaword
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Knots or nots? [Re: Vermonster420]
    #9721591 - 02/02/09 09:36 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Hi Verm, yep, I'm learning... its my first time...
Half of the tank, I made a layer of spawn, and half I kinda mixed half assedly...

The layer side worked best, the brown you see on top is maybe like an 8th of an inch... its just a fine spray I scraped the few pockets that didn't colonise, and just kinda spread it over white myc... (its the second time for that it seems to grom over in a day or so..)

Next time I won't put it into an aquarium... but it did teach me alot about the starin...

Interesting, the myc network does not want to grow past about 12mm before it splits off into a new network... It made about three layers of these to get through thick pieces of substrate...

You may ask... why did he do things so crazy?
Well not being sure what would work and what not, and being willing to sacrifice a jar of corn, I tried to set up diffirent environmental variables to see which would work best...

For this strain, whatever I do.. caseing or spawning, in future, I will use gravel underneath in stead of verm... the myc does not seem to grow down into the gravel.. whereas it does with verm, blocking air paths.

Offlinebirdisaword
Stranger
 User Gallery

#9721612 - 02/02/09 09:43 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

here ios a side profile.

What do people normaly keep pooh in after spawning to it?

Offlineelectrics
wave rider
Male User Gallery

Loc: In front of my Computer
    #9721640 - 02/02/09 09:51 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

I just can't believe you abused an unusual strain of transkei like that. All I can say is good luck you will prolly get some fruits but not as many as if you had just done a little research on this forum first!! and properly cased the material and made a shotgun FC...;)E

--------------------
"Listen now I'm talking I've been here for weeks, waiting in this growing crowd staring at my feet, The world around me is Turning I'm just standing still, The time has come for changes do something or I will" Phish

OfflineVermonster420
I gotta have more cowbell !
 User Gallery

Loc: Standin' On the Moon
Re: Knots or nots? [Re: electrics]
    #9721657 - 02/02/09 09:55 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Also popcorn is not the best coice for a beginner, it contams easily, dries out often because it's hard to properly gauge the moisture content.  Popcorn has less than half the inoculation points of rye or birdseed. 
How are you providing FAE?  what is the RH in that tank?

--------------------
To thine own self be true.
That which does not kill me makes me stronger.
Ass...it's the NEW pussy!
"Gungah-DeGungah"

Offlinebirdisaword
Stranger
 User Gallery

#9721680 - 02/02/09 10:05 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

I go and wave at it with a cd cover every 2 hourse or so.... do a fine mist, and the air is very moist in there... your hand feels moist form being in the air a few seconds..., the pooh my be slight on the dry side (say 10%), but I think this also helps keep contams out...

The little tank is covered in salad wrap with a pig plug of polyfil for gas exchange.

Also as I said the transkei is verocious... I saw it eat up trich in two jars.

P.S. I did case  few jars from the same print done on rye... reslut so far, not too great.. environmental factors also not optimal yet...

This was a learning grow.. I.e. how far can one realy push it... I saw lots of people learn the most stupid stuff with the most unbelieveable reasoning in electronic.. me.. I do destructive testing to find limits...

Now its time to take out some cash and set up something more appropriate and automated...

InvisibleRoggen_Rocker
Strangler
Male

Loc: Europe
    #9721682 - 02/02/09 10:06 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

go bubbles go... :laugh:

Offlinebirdisaword
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Knots or nots? [Re: Roggen_Rocker]
    #9721698 - 02/02/09 10:10 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

P.S. I think also I was lucky i nthat this is a pretty wild strain still ( only discovered in 2002) these grow on pooh from  cows that live where lots of corn grows wild in the pastures...

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Rye Grain, Vermiculite, Wild Bird Seed

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation