Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
InvisibleArden
לנשום

Loc: Α & Ω Flag
Re: There are no answers [Re: Noteworthy]
    #9722127 - 02/02/09 11:33 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

....to the big questions, personally & objectively. Questions presents one with a mirror. That's all.

If so, then this thread and the comments contained herein are likewise a version of the same mirror. That's all.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineBlueCoyote
Beyond
Male User Gallery

Loc: Between
Re: There are no answers [Re: Noteworthy]
    #9722228 - 02/02/09 12:06 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

questions mostly are preconcluded by the answer itself, like the answer is preconcluded by the question. "the answer is only true if ..."
So one could say an answer leads to more questions about the question itself.
Just find the right questions which give few answers, then build the matrix on all possible answers and questions about a specific topic :smile:

--------------------
Though lovers be lost love shall not  And death shall have no dominion
"Our scientific power has outrun our spiritual power. We have guided missiles and misguided men."Martin Luther King, Jr.
'Acceptance is the absolute key - at that moment you gain freedom and you gain power and you gain courage'

InvisibleNlightNd1
∇Δ∇Δ∇Δ∇
Male User Gallery

Loc: Holographic Omniverse
Re: There are no answers [Re: fazdazzle]
    #9722242 - 02/02/09 12:09 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

I personally believe that the answers to nearly all the "big questions" are out there. Especially in today's world where information about nearly everything is readily available to you. Several years ago, if you would have told me that I would acquire the knowledge that I have today, I would have laughed at you and called you crazy. Finding answers to the big questions is a bit like detective work. You pick up certain knowledge and clues scattered all over the universe, and eventually you find enough puzzle pieces to complete the puzzle. Each new piece of knowledge builds off the previous. The key to finding the puzzle pieces is to remain completely open-minded no matter how insane or illogical the topic is. You also have to drop all biased perspectives on things and seek to know the truth even if it conflicts what you want to believe.

--------------------
Turn off your mind, relax and floatdown stream. It is not dying. Lay down all thought, surrender to the void. It is shining.

:darkside: Pink Floyd :darkside:

InvisibleChronic7

Re: There are no answers [Re: Poid]
    #9722300 - 02/02/09 12:22 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Poid said:
What about the old Greek (or was it Roman, I'm not sure...) school of thought that posited that humans are born knowing everything, but they are stripped away from their knowledge via the process of societal conditioning?

If this were true, then maybe that would explain why we must embark on this endless quest; to return to our original, untainted selves...

the Self is the same Self in all beings
so in knowing the Self, all else is known
being that ourselves, there is no journey to make in order to return to it

the answers are not out there, they are within
an answer can not lie in an object as an object will disappear, the disappearance of the object will take along with it the answer
so an answer can only lie as ones own unobjective Self!

:peace:

--------------------

OfflineNoteworthy
Sophyphile
 User Gallery

Re: There are no answers [Re: NlightNd1]
    #9722363 - 02/02/09 12:34 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

mm being willing to assess the logic/reason of anything, even the seemingly ridiculous, or the notions from which you are 'drawn (by intuition)' away from.

only by entertaining all possibilities can a person overcome some of the innate factors in each of our minds, which work on efficiency of living as opposed to descovering the total extent of the barren, ultimately hopeless truth.

--------------------

InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: SF Bay Area Flag
Re: There are no answers [Re: Felix_Nothus_KSC]
    #9723471 - 02/02/09 03:38 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Felix_Nothus_KSC said:
Philosophy is masturbation, it achieves hardly anything and won't get you far in life, but it feels good so we do it anyway.

I think masturbation achieves much, in its own right anyways.

I also think that, in a similar way, philosophy achieves much! :thumbup:

--------------------
Well I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you to be just like them. --  Bob Dylan
fireworks_god said:
It's one thing to simply enjoy a style of life that one enjoys, but it's another thing altogether to refer to another person's choice as "wrong" or to rationalize their behavior as being pathological or resulting from some sort of inadequacy or failing so as to create a sense of superiority or separation as yet another projection of a personal fear or control issue.

InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: There are no answers [Re: Drakion]
    #9723485 - 02/02/09 03:40 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

:thumbup:
Quote:

Drakion said:
I like to think that for the Big Question the answer is: There is no answer.

Like I said, the only reason we even ask questions is because we are void of answers; the main reason we are void of answers is because they were stripped from our being via the process of societal conditioning. :thumbup:

--------------------
Well I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you to be just like them. --  Bob Dylan
fireworks_god said:
It's one thing to simply enjoy a style of life that one enjoys, but it's another thing altogether to refer to another person's choice as "wrong" or to rationalize their behavior as being pathological or resulting from some sort of inadequacy or failing so as to create a sense of superiority or separation as yet another projection of a personal fear or control issue.

InvisiblePoid
Shroomery's #1 Spellir
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: There are no answers [Re: Chronic7]
    #9723500 - 02/02/09 03:42 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Chronic777 said:
Quote:

Poid said:
What about the old Greek (or was it Roman, I'm not sure...) school of thought that posited that humans are born knowing everything, but they are stripped away from their knowledge via the process of societal conditioning?

If this were true, then maybe that would explain why we must embark on this endless quest; to return to our original, untainted selves...

the Self is the same Self in all beings
so in knowing the Self, all else is known
being that ourselves, there is no journey to make in order to return to it

the answers are not out there, they are within
an answer can not lie in an object as an object will disappear, the disappearance of the object will take along with it the answer
so an answer can only lie as ones own unobjective Self!

:peace:

How come all of this wasn't introduced into our pre, elementary, junior, and high societal conditioning, then? :mad2:

--------------------
fireworks_god said:

Offlinegrebarius
Whitebread
Male

Re: There are no answers [Re: Poid]
    #9731389 - 02/03/09 08:57 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

What i've found from unhealthy dwelling is that the answers are there, some we may not want to accept and some we are fine with. Ultimately we have to be fine with all of them, but i know what you mean (original poster).

Offlinegrebarius
Whitebread
Male

Re: There are no answers [Re: grebarius]
    #9731441 - 02/03/09 09:05 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

It does depend on which questions we are all talking about though.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order