Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Injection Grain Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinedurka_durka420
Got Fungus?
Male User Gallery

Loc: the south
How To: Make Use Out Of Old Monoject Syringe Sheaths
    #9623497 - 01/16/09 09:20 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

ok so i bought some 20cc monoject syringes and they came with these sheaths on them i sat here and thought ooh! i can use these for sterilizing water for spore syringes! well heres my tek on how i made use of these things instead of tossing them!..less waste eh! by the way the 20 cc sheaths can hold 40cc+ of water.

first start off with your monoject sheath and have your silicone at the ready.

then take out your syringe for later use and take top off of sheath and put it infront of you so u can prepare to put a hole in the lid.

now take a ice pick or drillbit to make a round hole about a 5mm hole will do.

now uncap your silicone put a nice blob on the top side of the cap and another nice blob on the other side of cap, spread it around alittle so it will stick. also it will not not pull through the hole.make this about 1/8th inch layer of silicone..(any silicone will work they all withstand 250F + when fully dry)..there you made a self sealing injection port!.

now take bottom portion of sheath and put a bead of silicone around it so it will seal the inside of the lid because they dont seal much.try to make this as thick as possible to make sure it seals!.

now put the cap over bottom portion of sheath.there will be a small hole u should silicone up on the sleeve. also silicone the bottom edge of the cap to the sheath..and let dry for 24 hours.

heres a image of one i sterilized with 40cc water. exept using red silicone so you can see were i applied it easier...it was the prototype for this tek!.water does not leak out when held upside down or even when given a light squeeze..

could even use these to make up one syringe of really strong spore solution and put into the 40cc of sterilized water and be able to fill 4 10cc syringes with out making each syringe individualy.. hope this helps some people out if they got a bunch lying around....

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinehawksapprentice
Yearns to Snowboard
 User Gallery

Loc: Oregon
Re: How To: Make Use Out Of Old Monoject Syringe Sheaths [Re: durka_durka420]
    #9623917 - 01/16/09 10:58 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Very cool, nice way to reuse it instead of throwing it away man.

--------------------
"I celebrate the Earth, my home, my mother, my grave, and as long as men are Man they must, if they would preserve the integrated being, do the same---[and preserve]--this rank casual hungry smelly sweaty lusting transitory body, my oozy pulpy liquid-bag-swollen body, bones, blood, hair glands, my bejeweled sex; I love and celebrate it all.  never to let men forget that they are animals as much as gods---that is one thing I shall say."

Edward Abbey

InvisiblePremedman1
Assistant to the insistent
 User Gallery

Loc: South of Sanity
Trusted Cultivator
Re: How To: Make Use Out Of Old Monoject Syringe Sheaths [Re: hawksapprentice]
    #9624122 - 01/16/09 11:47 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Nice job. Basically you just made a big ass vacutainer.

Have you used it, and how did you get around the fact that as you pull water from the vessel a vacuum is formed inside the tube?

+5 :thumbup:

--------------------
Build a man a fire, he is warm for the night. Set a man on fire, he is warm for the rest of his life.

Invisiblenoobieshroomie
Back again
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Not Too Sure Flag
Re: How To: Make Use Out Of Old Monoject Syringe Sheaths [Re: Premedman1]
    #9624131 - 01/16/09 11:49 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

and would the top pop off during the PC cycle?

-noobie-

--------------------
AMU

Best Thread Ever
CapZilla said:
not sure what GE and FAE are but i should probably get some.

Citric said:
Your signature is wrong on colonization temps!

GOOD JUDGMENT COMES FROM EXPERIENCE
EXPERIENCE COMES FROM BAD JUDGMENT

ROOM TEMP 70-75 IS BEST FOR COLONIZATION
Thank you mycochef

Offlinedurka_durka420
Got Fungus?
Male User Gallery

Re: How To: Make Use Out Of Old Monoject Syringe Sheaths [Re: noobieshroomie]
    #9627093 - 01/17/09 04:14 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

the red one was just taken out of pc like 20 mins before i shot pics :smile:havent used it yet...

--------------------

Offlinedurka_durka420
Got Fungus?
Male User Gallery

Re: How To: Make Use Out Of Old Monoject Syringe Sheaths [Re: durka_durka420]
    #9718390 - 02/01/09 04:47 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

i tested these no leaks...does create a vaccume but it shouldent matter if your making this full of spore solution from 1/2 print to 10cc water then put inside here so..

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Injection Grain Bag