Home | Community | Message Board

SoulSpeciosa Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop: ½ Pint Jars, Agar, Rye Grain, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Anonymous

Casing Timetable
    #971832 - 10/18/02 10:11 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

I'm planning on using rye grain in quart jars as substrate, then casing that directly. I'm not going to use a bottom layer, just a top layer of vermiculite. About how long does it take for the jars to be colonized (no incubator)? The stain is PESA. How long can they remain fully colonized an unbirthed before bad things happen? Also, the window of time i'm working with from birthing to drying is only 3 weeks. Is this enough time, or no?

Edited by Anonymous (10/18/02 10:21 AM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleBilge
longtimenoC

Loc: USA
Re: Casing Timetable [Re: ]
    #971836 - 10/18/02 10:13 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

"About how long does it take for the jars to be colonized (no incubator)? How long can they remain fully colonized an unbirthed before bad things happen? Also, the window of time i'm working with from birthing to drying is only 3 weeks. Is this enough time, or no?"

fyi, most or all of this is answered here:
http://shroomery.org/faq/faq.php?list=category&nr=3&prog=1&lang=en

--------------------
Shopping for your head? Visit HeadShopFinder.com or find Online Head Shops.

Anonymous

Re: Casing Timetable [Re: Bilge]
    #971845 - 10/18/02 10:25 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Actually, none of these questions are answered there, otherwise i wouldn't have posted the question. This part of the FAQ is talking about PF jars... i'm talking quarts of rye. Even the part of the FAQ where I would actually expect to find answers to these questions does not have them.

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
    #971852 - 10/18/02 10:30 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

>About how long does it take for the jars to be colonized (no incubator)?
Depends on many factors. 10-30 days.

> The stain is PESA. How long can they remain fully colonized an unbirthed before bad things happen?
In the fridge: for months: outside: for weeks. If you store them in light, they will begin to pin.

> Also, the window of time i'm working with from birthing to drying is only 3 weeks. Is this enough time, or no?
Should be.

Invisibletripndicular
My Minds Eye IsRhizomorphic

Loc: Bowels of HELL
    #971925 - 10/18/02 11:23 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

It depends on a lot of variables , i.e. temp you are incubating in is the biggest , then the moisture content of your grain is another factor , the viability of the strain you have chosen is another .
The " Hell Hound " was lucky his stuff fully colonized in less than two weeks , but he is using a strain of Thai(unknown sub species) , in half pint jars , incubated in a constant 84*-86*F , innoced with agar grown mycelium .
Project was started in early Sept from spores , is now in pinning innitiation stages today . But H.H. has lots of luck !  :wink:
Good Luck
3 weeks ........I doubt it very much :crazy: , Mycelium is like fine wine ..............it matures when it is ready , and if you force it , it will not be as enjoyable .  :smirk: 

--------------------
Any information I give is not intended to aide you in the production of potentialy illegal substances !None of my exp comes from growing illegal varities , so take it as you will .
So with that said here is our mission statement .

Then the priest fell into a trance or swoon,& said unto the Queen of heaven ; Write unto us the ordeals; write unto us the rituals; write unto us the law !

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop: ½ Pint Jars, Agar, Rye Grain, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation