Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
InvisibleCognitive_Shift
CS actual
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: A horrifying thought (who else feels this way?) [Re: Lakefingers]
    #9723173 - 02/02/09 02:57 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Language can explain what we are experiencing, thought and speech.  We have words for many things in life.  What we don't have a word for we describe it with language.  You mention taste and when language breaks down we still try to describe it, we do that with language.  The only thing i have managed to not be able to describe is love and the the psychedelic experience (especially breakthrough DMT).

--------------------
L'enfer est plein de bonnes volontés et désirs

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleLakefingers

Re: A horrifying thought (who else feels this way?) *DELETED* [Re: Cognitive_Shift]
    #9723247 - 02/02/09 03:09 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Post deleted by Lakefingers

Reason for deletion: "

InvisibleCognitive_Shift
CS actual
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #9723300 - 02/02/09 03:15 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Why is it non-sense?  Everything your thinking about right now is in words.  We use words to explain the world and thought.  With out language thought wouldn't exist.  Keep thinking about this, after a while it starts to make sense, especially on a psychedelic.  The world is made of language.

--------------------

InvisibleLakefingers

Re: A horrifying thought (who else feels this way?) *DELETED* [Re: Cognitive_Shift]
    #9723545 - 02/02/09 03:50 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Post deleted by Lakefingers

Reason for deletion: No reason.

Edited by Lakefingers (02/02/09 03:53 PM)

InvisibleCognitive_Shift
CS actual
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #9723582 - 02/02/09 03:54 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Lakefingers said:
Also, on psychedelics any loony idea makes sense.

Okay i understand your point of view.  But i have to disagree with this.

--------------------

Offlineiamconfused
Happily insane since '06

Re: A horrifying thought (who else feels this way?) [Re: Cognitive_Shift]
    #9724332 - 02/02/09 05:53 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

You think humans are so different from other animals...

How would that change anything? Really, that would just give me more hope that we can all, as sentient beings, live harmoniously on this little planet. And, it's true, in a way, that we aren't different.

Quote:

no, not really.  Not from other mammals especially.  We have a neo-cortex and a brain that specializes in language thats pretty much it.

There are other species with intricate social systems (apes most obviously, as well as penguins, dolphins, and many others), and there are other species that construct things (anthills, bird nests, etc. - also, elephants will purposively knock down trees out of anger). What differentiates humans from other species, IMO, is our ability to constantly make novel connections between ideas. This naturally lead us to language and other specializations.

I was watching a BBC documentary on man's evolution, and one of the commentators theorized that our ancestors made their stone tools like how birds make their nests. Meaning, for tens of thousands of years, there was virtually no progression in our level of technology. We made our tools unthinkingly, almost instinctually. Then, something miraculous happened, and we started to innovate.

The crazy drug taking side of me would like to say ancient man discovered cannabis and/or 'magical mushrooms', and it gave him new perspectives that inspired him to innovate. For what it's worth, cannabis farming appears to have been going on for just about as long as farming itself. But the more realistic side of me says this all more had to changes in diet, which relates to do with changes in climate and other broader factors.

Edited by iamconfused (02/02/09 05:58 PM)

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds