Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Barricades
Re: How often do you drink and why? [Re: PDU]
    #9705723 - 01/30/09 01:29 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

I drink about once a week, and it's never hard alcohol.  I don't smoke pot anymore, so alcohol is the one drug that I use casually.  Plus, I like to have beer or wine with certain meals.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinestraightedgeLOL
Male

Re: How often do you drink and why? [Re: memes]
    #9705726 - 01/30/09 01:30 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

I rarely drink because I don't enjoy it much. Drinking and getting high was fun though.

Offlinerobbyberto
Water Boy
Male User Gallery

Loc: Netherlands Flag
    #9705806 - 01/30/09 01:51 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

The frequency of my drinking varies quite a bit. Over the summer I might have been drinking as many as four days a week. It probably averages out to about once every two weeks though. I haven't gotten drunk in about three months. It's a lot easier for me to loosen up and socialize when I am drunk.

--------------------
“People say having kids is life changing, well that doesn’t necessarily mean a good thing, does it? I could take one of my legs off. That would change my life.” -Karl Pilkington

InvisibleIn(di)go
People of the sun.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Cologne, Germany
    #9706052 - 01/30/09 02:35 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

when i still was a student i used to drink 2-3 times a week... and i don't mean the typical evening beer at home, i mean party-drinking... it was fun, but it came to a point when the physical and emotional toll the alcohol took on me was getting pretty intense...

nowadays i will have 1 or 2 beers on some weeknights and maybe go out partying 2-3 times a month... thank good my body has gone back to actually getting sick before blacking out... when i was a frecuent drinker i used to be able to drink how much and whatever i wanted, having blackouts every now and then... and if there's one thing i hate it is waking up not remembering how i got home... thank god i never did anything stupid in that state of mind... all in all i feel a lot better now, especially because in spite of being drunk i am still in charge of what's happening, and i am able to drink a shitload of water before going to bed, reducing the power of the hangover the next day...

as far as mental illness comes i think both alcohol and weed can bring it out... i never feel quite right mentally speaking when i'm hung over... and weed started to bring out anxiety and paranoia after i had a 3 day nightmare on dxm (i'm one of the enzime weak ones)... plus, 2 of my friends had to stop smoking weed because they were on the verge of psychosis...

and concerning the reasons i drink... well, after the dxm nightmare i haven't really been able to enjoy any mind-enhancing drugs, so i needed some recreational drug and the choice fell on alcohol (and even that took some getting used to)... plus, alcohol is such a standard drug that it is almost impossible to go out with friends without having at least a beer or something... but well... nothing i can say against moderate use of alcohol... and MY GOD do i love a cold beer...

--------------------

OfflinePDU
travel kid vs.amerika
 User Gallery

Loc: beautiful BC
Re: How often do you drink and why? [Re: In(di)go]
    #9712373 - 01/31/09 03:02 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Thanks for the responses to those who kept to the point.

Reason i ask is because i have a precarious relationship with alcohol. I drink infrequently and if i drink, i drink to get drunk. - Drinking makes me more social (or as i see it, lowers my standards so hanging out at drunken parties seems ok.) - I do not go to bars unless there is music playing + even then, dont drink.

This past weekend i was in Vancouver and a friend and I split a 6 pack of tall cans and chugged a bottle of red wine while walking around, then went to the bar and split 2 pitchers and 4 shots of jager in about 45 minutes.

Anyways, i got kicked out on the 2nd song of the band i wanted to see. I somewhat assaulted the bouncer (tried to steal his nametag) and they called the cops on me. I was at the window fingering them... The cops came and did an ID check to make sure i had no warrents and were harrassing me + i was being cocky but got saved by afoaf.

My friend left without me + claimed the  next day (i dont even know what happened last nite..) + i woke up at his friends house, in his bed (a guy who is bi.) I thought i pissed myself... but pant leg was wet but my boxxers wern't.

Basically - i dont behave like this + it freaks me out that i forget going to bed.

I had a problem drinking 26's of smirnoff when i was 16 and blacking out every weekend but then turned to drugs.

Now that i do drugs very infrequently, alcohol presents itself as a "less bad" option..

I must remind myself to drink in moderation, but at the same hand, i drink to get drunk and find  no pleasure in it unless i escape my inhibitions.

Alcoholism runs in my moms family, so i've had bad stigma associated with drinking my whole life.

I basically think that alcohol is essentially a horrible excuse for a social medium + that it brings out the worst in people in most cases.

Anyways, thanks for the opinions.

--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

Offlinepfxtc
RUEXP?
 User Gallery

Loc: Flag
    #9712381 - 01/31/09 03:04 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

I've drank 3 times in my life,

I don't enjoy it,

and hate hangovers.

not my thing.

Drunk people in general turn me off.

--------------------

koods said:
Young male going by the name "Bassfreak" entered Worcester General complaining of a sharp pain in his buttock region after attending EDM event. Attending physician considered a possible diagnosis of acute rave anus, but upon further investigation it was determined there was nothing cute about patient's anus.

Life-long trip report

Edited by pfxtc (01/31/09 03:07 PM)

InvisibleSophistic Radiance
Free sVs!
Female

Loc: Center of the Universe
    #9712388 - 01/31/09 03:06 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Gotta find a healthy balance. I've had one occasion where alcohol turned me into a mindless angry jackass as well, and the things you might say or do to your friends in this rage trance are awful. The best thing you can do is apologize to everybody you offended (this is important) and try to control your drinking better in the future.

--------------------
Enlil said:
You really are the worst kind of person.

OfflineBrugman
antisobrietarian
Male

Loc: the land up over Flag
    #9712394 - 01/31/09 03:07 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Daily, because I just like it. I'm a functioning alcoholic at the time being, I suppose I should try and cut down. I'm quitting smoking though, so that's enough to deal with for now.

I drink so much Jagermeister.. I just woke up and had 2 shots. That's not really normal for me though, I usually wait till after work.

I'll post a picture of my Jager bottle collection sometime :p

OfflinePigasus
D.T.K.L.A.M.F.

Loc: slow death
Re: How often do you drink and why? [Re: Brugman]
    #9712397 - 01/31/09 03:08 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

drinking and then blazing > blazing and then drinking

--------------------

InvisibleGeomancer
Seeker of Wisdom
Loc: the shadows of your mind
Re: How often do you drink and why? [Re: pfxtc]
    #9712418 - 01/31/09 03:11 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

I drink about 3-5 times a week, almost always just beer.  (99.9% of the time)

I usually have about 1-3 beer when I drink. (obviously, somtimes I have a bit more)

I drink beer because I love beer, not to get drunk, and I take my time and enjoy all the different flavors and nuances that develop and change over time as the temperature of the beer changes. 

I just love all the different styles and variations and unique twists on styles that different breweries experiment with, and new styles that are being created all the time by innovators in the brewing world.  The fact that after trying thousands of different beers over the years, there is always still something new and exciting to try, is amazing to me!

:cheers:  to beer!

--------------------
:stoneowl:                                                                                                :watchingyou:                                                                                                :stoneowl:

OfflineBrugman
antisobrietarian
Male

Loc: the land up over Flag
Re: How often do you drink and why? [Re: Geomancer]
    #9712439 - 01/31/09 03:15 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Geomancer said:

I'll drink to that. I'm a huge fan of beer. Once every 2 weeks or so I'll grab a nice big bottle of Unibroue, tastes like heaven.. all of them.

Offlinepfxtc
RUEXP?
 User Gallery

Loc: Flag
    #9712448 - 01/31/09 03:17 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Geomancer said:
I drink about 3-5 times a week, almost always just beer.  (99.9% of the time)

I usually have about 1-3 beer when I drink. (obviously, somtimes I have a bit more)

I drink beer because I love beer, not to get drunk, and I take my time and enjoy all the different flavors and nuances that develop and change over time as the temperature of the beer changes. 

I just love all the different styles and variations and unique twists on styles that different breweries experiment with, and new styles that are being created all the time by innovators in the brewing world.  The fact that after trying thousands of different beers over the years, there is always still something new and exciting to try, is amazing to me!

Man I can't stand the taste of beer,

don't know why haha. Maybe I've been drinking the wrong kind.

--------------------

koods said:
Young male going by the name "Bassfreak" entered Worcester General complaining of a sharp pain in his buttock region after attending EDM event. Attending physician considered a possible diagnosis of acute rave anus, but upon further investigation it was determined there was nothing cute about patient's anus.

Life-long trip report

InvisibleAgingHippy
Flwr Pwr
Male User Gallery

Loc: Necropolis Flag
Re: How often do you drink and why? [Re: pfxtc]
    #9712465 - 01/31/09 03:20 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

im gonna get mad wasted off my apple cider in a couple weeks :lol:

InvisibledeCypher
 User Gallery

Re: How often do you drink and why? [Re: Sophistic Radiance]
    #9712573 - 01/31/09 03:46 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Tchan909 said:
Gotta find a healthy balance. I've had one occasion where alcohol turned me into a mindless angry jackass as well, and the things you might say or do to your friends in this rage trance are awful. The best thing you can do is apologize to everybody you offended (this is important) and try to control your drinking better in the future.

:thumbup:

Willpower is key when approaching addictive drugs like alcohol.  I, too, feel the urge to keep on drinking once I start, but no matter how good you fantasize it would feel or how much the 'fuck it' attitude wants to prevail, just remember that you're in control and it's all gravy from there.

--------------------
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

OfflineSpooge
The Nutter
Loc: Ice patches that last for...
    #9712615 - 01/31/09 03:56 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Love to drink alcohol and absoulutely adore a good beer.

I've been through many years of major drunkness, horrible hangovers and the like, but nowadays, as I get older, I find my hangovers are getting worse and worse.

It's much easier for me to get a noticeable hangover and when I get one, It's 3 days until I'm feeling normal again.  Drinking to much is seriously a bad car accident now.

So I drink in moderation.  I've switched from all those mainstream beers to real beer...mostly imported. For the most part, I'll drink a few and that's it.  When I can afford it, I'll spend about 30-50 dollars every two weeks on liqour from the stores.  It gets more expensive when I visit a pub obviously.

Right now I'm enjoying a delicious kilkenny

InvisibleGeomancer
Seeker of Wisdom
Loc: the shadows of your mind
Re: How often do you drink and why? [Re: Spooge]
    #9712656 - 01/31/09 04:05 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

ZoooftheMoon said:
I've switched from all those mainstream beers to real beer...mostly imported.

I love a good Belgian/Czech/Norwegian/Danish/German etc. beer as well...but you might also consider checking out some more of the American crafts, especially those local/semi-local to you and the lesser knowns. 

Its truly amazing just how far this country (US) has come in terms of amazing beer in just the last decade or two.  I'd now rank the US as a tie with Belgium for #1 in terms of countries producing the greatest beer on the planet.  Though honestly, the US has so many breweries these days and produces literally every style known to man, that the US might even edge out Begium these days IMO...

Again,

:cheers: to beer!

--------------------
:stoneowl:                                                                                                :watchingyou:                                                                                                :stoneowl:

InvisibleTODAY
Battletoad
Male

Loc: Metropolis City, USA
    #9712697 - 01/31/09 04:13 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

for sure man...microwbrews are the best.

we're having a microwbrew festival in town in march (around St Patty's actually).  You buy a glass for $25 and get to try as many of the local microwbrews as you can.  there were 30-40 last year.  mmmmmmm

--------------------

ca'rouse (k-rouz)
intr.v.
To engage in boisterous, drunken merrymaking.

OfflineSpooge
The Nutter
Loc: Ice patches that last for...
    #9712710 - 01/31/09 04:15 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Geomancer said:
Quote:

ZoooftheMoon said:
I've switched from all those mainstream beers to real beer...mostly imported.

I love a good Belgian/Czech/Norwegian/Danish/German etc. beer as well...but you might also consider checking out some more of the American crafts, especially those local/semi-local to you and the lesser knowns. 

Its truly amazing just how far this country (US) has come in terms of amazing beer in just the last decade or two.  I'd now rank the US as a tie with Belgium for #1 in terms of countries producing the greatest beer on the planet.  Though honestly, the US has so many breweries these days and produces literally every style known to man, that the US might even edge out Begium these days IMO...

Again,

:cheers: to beer!

Yeah, I'd love to try more of these beers you speak of, but I don't find many of them here in northern Canada.

Our town has a local brewery that brews incredible beer.  There is a lot of breweries around Canada that have made some nice beers.

Lately I've been falling in love with these beers(a lot of them have the nitrogen widget...the nitrogen head is so smooth):

Invisiblejewunit
Brutal!
Male User Gallery
Loc: Ohio Flag
    #9712720 - 01/31/09 04:16 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

He's Canadian!
I do love trying out different microbrews from around the country. I think it would be awesome to start one. I should probably work on brewing my first beer before I get an illusions of grandeur though.

--------------------
!

InvisibleSalomon
ಠ︵ಠ balance ಠ_ಠ weaver ಠ‿ಠ
Male

Loc: America, FUCK YEAH Flag
Re: How often do you drink and why? [Re: jewunit]
    #9712744 - 01/31/09 04:18 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

--------------------
EVERYTHING EVENTUALLY BECOMES A DESERT

Edited by Salomon (03/02/14 11:58 PM)

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale