Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Bulk Substrate, Injection Grain Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offline4 ho cultivar
Transcending plains
Male User Gallery

Loc: Central, Oregon {represen...
mycobag question.
    #9696971 - 01/28/09 09:10 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

I'd like to create my own mycobags.

question is: do I need a filter patch to let of co2? or can i just keep it sealed till done?

I read a couple teks and nothing about filter patch to relieve unwanted levels of co2?? hmmm

i have a shit load of tyvek. if some how i could fasten to bag that would be sick.

also any success story's with homemade mycobags would help. is it even worth it? i wonder?

--------------------
:mushroom2::crazy2::mushroom2::crazy2::Patience be thy virtue:crazy2::mushroom2::crazy2::mushroom2:

Blurring the line between reality and dreams
Mr. Winkie says: "Procrastinators unite................................tommorrow!!:ganja:
G.Kahuna said: "Plus you get all the fun from taking a walk {and} shooting mycelium at cow droppings with a super soaker. Now beat that!":cuteshit:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineBuckeye Oysters
From Zero to Hero
 User Gallery

Re: mycobag question. [Re: 4 ho cultivar]
    #9697602 - 01/28/09 10:48 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

yes you will need a filter.  tyvek will work fine.

--------------------
Evolution is Lamarckism in disguise.  Adaptation never creates a new species or trait, but rather the new species/trait always existed within the parent DNA until circumstances allowed it to be activated.  For instance, every wolf has the DNA for poodles, but that DNA would never be revealed without man selectively breeding for it.

Offlineanakin3197
JEDI MASTER
 User Gallery

Re: mycobag question. [Re: Buckeye Oysters]
    #9697801 - 01/28/09 11:27 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

yep you have to have a patch, im not sure about the tyvek though, about how good it would be compared to a real filter patch. check the sponsors, you can get empty bags from the real cheap, thats how i do it

Offline4 ho cultivar
Transcending plains
Male User Gallery

Re: mycobag question. [Re: anakin3197]
    #9698125 - 01/29/09 12:49 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

yah i just don't see spending 30 bones if i can invent something. probably a pain the ass though.. would be cool, none the less.

so how big of tyvek patch 2x2" hmmm i wonder?

rtv sealant has pulled away from plastic before on myco bags so adhering the tyvek would pose the biggest problem.

--------------------
:mushroom2::crazy2::mushroom2::crazy2::Patience be thy virtue:crazy2::mushroom2::crazy2::mushroom2:

Mr. Winkie says: "Procrastinators unite................................tommorrow!!:ganja:
G.Kahuna said: "Plus you get all the fun from taking a walk {and} shooting mycelium at cow droppings with a super soaker. Now beat that!":cuteshit:

Offlineanakin3197
JEDI MASTER
 User Gallery

#9698169 - 01/29/09 01:00 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

30 for bags, how many you wanting, ms has them cheap, and theres another sponsor that has them for .49 each.

Offline4 ho cultivar
Transcending plains
Male User Gallery

Re: mycobag question. [Re: anakin3197]
    #9698361 - 01/29/09 02:22 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

i only want 25. yah iknow. I'm just experimenting with options.  i've seen the oven bags with pvc tubes and tyvec wrapped around and  all that.. it probably isn't worth the effort. but at least i tried. right?

--------------------

OfflineLennyk
D-O-L-E Dole
Male

Loc: Near the Ground
    #9698612 - 01/29/09 06:00 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

You could do this tek
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/562556#Post562556

You can substitute the syringe  part with pvc in a pinch.

--------------------
Stealth Lighting 
Cubensis benefits beyond cluster headaches
Mush Extract! (You can even use Vinegar!)
Flame your needle in style with a sexy mini butane torch
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
What happens in the Romper Room, stays in the Romper Room.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All posts are written by the sex deprived helper monkey Curious George.

Offlinehoudinihar
Adventurous Learner
 User Gallery

Re: mycobag question. [Re: Lennyk]
    #9698823 - 01/29/09 07:29 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

i did try the oven bags. they don't seem to be worth s crap. i even doubled bagged and had seams fall apart after, not during, the pressure cooking phase. i never overfilled and left plenty of head space for gas expansion. i finally broke down and just bought a butt-load of good high temp filter bags. best choice for me, although i absolutely believe in experimenting everything. keep up the good work and keep us posted.
:thumbup:

houdinihar

Offline5HTSynaptrip
Dopamine Enthusiast
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: USA Flag
    #9698842 - 01/29/09 07:38 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

You could use any glue designed for plastics.  The thing is, the filters on the mycobags are under patent I think, idk but the only time I ever see them on the internet it is always from the same company.  At any rate, the tyvek sucks major asshole for gas exchange.  I just used it on 2 monotubs and the performed much worse compared to those stuffed with light polyfil.  The filter patches on the premade bags are rather thin and airy, they probably just barely provide the necessary sized barrier to keep contaminations out.  Finding that type of material substitute would be the most difficult part imo. 

Personally, I'd just buy the bags.  They're made to be autoclaved.  Awesome!

--------------------

Science is a way of thinking much more than it is a body of knowledge. - My hero, who will be forever remembered, Carl Sagan.

Offline4 ho cultivar
Transcending plains
Male User Gallery

Re: mycobag question. [Re: 5HTSynaptrip]
    #9702732 - 01/29/09 09:44 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

thanks guys for the help. i feel if the tyvek hole is large enough it will exchange at same rate as the  mycobag filters. the problem not only is adhering tyvek to plastic, but also finding just the right size to get the best growth......

oven bags don't work and seams split??? that sucks. I wonder if certain brands will work differently....

--------------------

Edited by 4 ho cultivar (01/29/09 09:44 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Bulk Substrate, Injection Grain Bag