Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
InvisibleEvolving
Resident Cynic

Loc: Apt #6, The Village
Re: Windows XP vs Networking with the Christ V1.1 [Re: World Spirit]
    #968764 - 10/17/02 11:09 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

I think the pope is a better man than Jerry Falwell (sp?) or George Bush for that matter.

--------------------
To call humans 'rational beings' does injustice to the term, 'rational.'  Humans are capable of rational thought, but it is not their essence.  Humans are animals, beasts with complex brains.  Humans, more often than not, utilize their cerebrum to rationalize what their primal instincts, their preconceived notions, and their emotional desires have presented as goals - humans are rationalizing beings.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Windows XP vs Networking with the Christ V1.1 [Re: Evolving]
    #968769 - 10/17/02 11:12 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Deleted by admin

OfflineMAIA
World-BridgerKartikeya (DftS)
Male User Gallery

Loc: Erra - 20 Tauri - M45 Sta...
    #968774 - 10/17/02 11:18 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Basically, he said, "Think of yourself like a PC and think of God as a (Universal) Server. You simply have to use the right network settings to connect to the Server. Once you know the setting, you can save it or erase it."

It must be the DNS settings for sure, all i get is this:

I should try to reach him by IRC, #god or something :crazy:. I was expecting to find a web page with some useful links.....wait!!!! Thor is god, how the hell i didn?t relize that at first, Anno is Christ and Moe is the virgin Mary, all the mods are angels ? Damn!!!! I?m affected :confused:.... btw, there must be a holy operating system or something ?!?!

MAIA

--------------------
Spiritual being, living a human experience ... The Shroomery Mandala

Use, do not abuse; neither abstinence nor excess ever renders man happy.
Voltaire

InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Windows XP vs Networking with the Christ V1.1 [Re: MAIA]
    #968796 - 10/17/02 11:27 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Deleted by admin

Edited by enter (10/17/02 11:28 AM)

OfflineMAIA
Male User Gallery

#968842 - 10/17/02 11:39 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

I probably came up with a rough example, i just wanted to expose the extremes.
In reply to:

Quite frankly, I wish the Roman Catholic church would admit its leaders are business men and nothing different.

Don't take my words as rude but what business ? The business of souls ?
Really, that's why religions pisses me of, every religious/spiritual manifestation should be clear of money or any material bound. Catholics are an example of how the strucuture of their religion must make use of money, there are several exceptions and i believe there are many sincere catholics (although i don't share their beliefs, i respect them) but the higher places of the church are full of luxury, shouldn't they give the example ?

MAIA

--------------------

Voltaire

InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #968851 - 10/17/02 11:42 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Deleted by admin

OfflineMAIA
Male User Gallery

#968977 - 10/17/02 12:11 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

In reply to:

Whoever exalts himself will be humbled. Whoever humbles himself will be exalted.

What could be more humble than stand in a position where you are not obligated to fight an oposite ideal. Hence, agnosticism is the most humble of any religious position.

MAIA

--------------------

Voltaire

OfflineMAIA
Male User Gallery

#969030 - 10/17/02 12:28 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

In reply to:

I would ADVISE that you are likely to know/feel/perceive the presence of the invisible Spirit of the Living God

I might be able to perceive the same thing, the diference is that i explain it differently, means i don't see the esence of god the same way you do, is it your god with a white beard and white hair sitting in a throne punishing humanity for their mistakes and forgiving their sins ? Or my god wich is the unknown part of the universe, the anti absolute truth, the unanswered questions of reality and the answered questions of my self being ?
Humanitate magis quam religione nobis opus est...
"we need humanity more than religion"

MAIA

--------------------

Voltaire

OfflineMAIA
Male User Gallery

Re: Windows XP vs Networking with the Christ V1.1 [Re: CleverName]
    #969046 - 10/17/02 12:33 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

In reply to:

are you a pessamist?

I'm realist but yes, i'm becoming pessimist. You just have to look around, things are going for the worst.

MAIA

--------------------

Voltaire

Offlinevaporbrains
Cub Scout

Loc: ghetto# 03479
    #969203 - 10/17/02 01:14 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Ok, enter let's shut you up..or at least attempt to shut you up...for once and for all...

let's take my example...my personal experience....  when i was a youngster i reverently believed in God, i thought about God frequently and i prayed every night with absolute sincerity.  Naturally, i didn't hear any voices or writing on the wall. But, i also had no experience of communion with God, or any spiritual, mystical encounters/feelings whatsoever. For me as a small child, God was a comforting idea....as i developed and began to think i realized that feelings of comfort and well being are the result of the idea of god...not of god itself. i eventually became disillusioned and realized that God has never and probably will never communicate with me.  you keep spouting off about how people should pray and try to commune with God because you've had some sort of mystical experience and you are convinced that it came from God.  i think it came from your own needy brain.  if someone isn't feeling God's presence you tell them to pray harder, or be sincere.  in reality, it is YOU are not being sincere or honest. you spit out verse and make statements from your false position of superiority (I, Enter, know the Truth and I will tell you How to Get It!!!).

I, for one, am tired of hearing your bullshit.  WHy don't you just let people discover "God" for themselves.  If your God is a fair God he gives everyone a chance to come to know him...that's what my church always told me... so why don't you let God do the proseltyzing and shut the fuck up... :smile:

--------------------
All refrences to and statements concerning mushrooms, mushroom cultivation, and mushroom related paraphrenalia refer specifically to the cultivation of legal species.

InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Windows XP vs Networking with the Christ V1.1 [Re: vaporbrains]
    #969315 - 10/17/02 01:44 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Deleted by admin

Offlinepostalboy
I'm not myfucking khaki's!
Loc: My tiny corner of the pad...
Re: Windows XP vs Networking with the Christ V1.1 [Re: Evolving]
    #969508 - 10/17/02 02:47 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

I think the pope is a better man than Jerry Falwell (sp?) or George Bush for that matter.

Evolving, I was just wondering if you could have possibly thought of 2 worse examples of the dregs of humanity to compare the pope to??  I mean come on, it isn't even fair.  I loathe religion and the pope the great blind leader of the blind, but Falwell and Dubya?  Damn, might as well compare him to watery diaherria and stale pig vomit.  :smile:  or maybe rotten smegma and chunky menstral blood clots.  MMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!! 

--------------------
"You people voted for Hubert Humphrey, and you killed Jesus." F and L in L.V.

InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: On the Brink of Madness
    #969989 - 10/17/02 04:52 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

The fool says in his heart (and outloud), "There is no God."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Then Nietzsche is a fool and the pope is t'a man.... nah! Probably both are fools.

Nietzsche never said there is no god... he only said "God is Dead."  He didn't kill him... the church did.  Fred was only pointing out the obvious.  Duh!  :wink:

I find it extremely ironic that enter (of all people) is accusing someone of having a fragile ego.  I'm just tired of hearing the same shit over and over again.  I refute and I get no answer (just more bullshit).  Maybe it's not getting through the thick skull (which is necessary to protect the fragile ego).

Fuck it.... 

--------------------
Note: In desperate need of a cure...

OfflineMAIA
Male User Gallery

Re: Windows XP vs Networking with the Christ V1.1 [Re: Sclorch]
    #971578 - 10/18/02 04:51 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Nietzsche never said there is no god... he only said "God is Dead." He didn't kill him... the church did. Fred was only pointing out the obvious. Duh! 

You're right, i know he said "God is dead", but if he's dead then he's no more.
I'm not sure when you say the church did kill him, Fred pointed out that man kill him because man now believe not in god but in its (man) character and personality. I don't have the book right here but i think that was the main idea.
I don't think enter wants to convert anyone to religion. Personally, i don't give a damn if he believes (or anyone else) in god or not. We're just discusing beliefs, normally religious people are the first ones to find others belief "wrong" and try to impose their beliefs as true and unique, same thing happens with some atheists where their "religion" is the anti religion.
I think you Sclorch are not going to be convinced about enters ideas, neighter enter is going loose his faith because of your ideas, although i believe faith is the most difficult feeling to explain (and i never seen it objectivelly explained) i respect those who have faith, personally i don't think i could have an objective vision of reality if i believe in faith, maybe others can but i don't know why :smirk: .

MAIA

--------------------

Voltaire

Edited by MAIA (10/18/02 04:54 AM)

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder