Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]
InvisibleFerris
PsychedelicJourneyman
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Religion and extraterrestial beings [Re: Ferris]
    #9697878 - 01/28/09 11:40 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Ya, but transferring modern ideas onto historical imagery is the most common misinterpretation made when analyzing art.

--------------------

Discuss Politics

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleSleepwalker
Overshoes

#9697943 - 01/28/09 11:57 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

The point is, aliens coming down in spaceships might NOT be only a modern idea.

InvisibleEgo Death
Justadropofwaterinanendlesssea
 User Gallery

Loc: The War Machine
Re: Religion and extraterrestial beings [Re: Sleepwalker]
    #9697985 - 01/29/09 12:11 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Well its certainly not.:)  Lots of separate ancient cultures have depicted beings coming from the sky and landing in craft - both in drawings and texts.  One particular tribe had drawn beings exactly the same as the "greys" that are common in our culture now but these drawings were ancient within this tribe and the tribe had had no outside influence of media/radio to give them that interpretation.

A similar thing happened quite recently in Ruwanda, africa.  A group of school children all witnessed a circular metallic looking craft land.  They saw grey beings with large eyes emerge and they even claimed the beings seemed to be talking to the telepathically.  These children had no reason to lie about something like this and were not subject to media influences such as TV/film that we are yet they have an uncanny resemblance to to the hundreds if not thousands of similar reports from alien abductee / close contacts all over the world.

IMO it takes a bigger leap of faith to claim it was a mass delusion that just happened to have the almost exact details as other worldwide reports than to say maybe they did witness what they all claimed to witness.

Edited by Ego Death (01/29/09 12:18 AM)

Offlineigwna
The Cap'n
Male

Loc: New England, USA
Re: Religion and extraterrestial beings [Re: Ego Death]
    #9697990 - 01/29/09 12:13 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

whoaa every time i woke up during the night there were alien documentries on the history channel :eek:

and still are! :eek:

am i going :crazy2: i feel like i've already seen this one

--------------------
I don't believe in cops, bosses, or politicians. Some call that anarchism. I call it having a fucking heart that beats.

Edited by igwna (01/29/09 12:13 AM)

OfflineBigLaughingJim
Stranger
    #9698066 - 01/29/09 12:30 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

What if the idea you call "modern" is as old as recorded history?--(Rhetorical, no need to reply.)

OfflineBigLaughingJim
Stranger
    #9698222 - 01/29/09 01:14 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Believe it or not, they have visited us many times over thousands of years.  They left us with this comment about religion: "While human beings indulge in religion, true spirit dwindles."

What gives them (the 'visitors') the 'expertise' to critique our religions?--Only this, they've observed us up close for thousands of years; early humans mistook them for 'gods' and based their religions on this mistaken belief.  (See the 'Elohim' of the Old Testament.)

To me, their comment is more a condemnation of religious dogma than it is an all-out attack on religion.  In other words, let the true measure of a religion's worth be this: does it serve more to bring us together or to tear us apart?

And, any religion that suggests that it alone is the only true path, and that only its devotees will reach heaven--thus, all others are doomed to hell--is not doing much to bring us together (ie., not worth the papyrus it is printed on, IMO).

Offlineigwna
The Cap'n
Male

Loc: New England, USA
Re: Religion and extraterrestial beings [Re: BigLaughingJim]
    #9698228 - 01/29/09 01:18 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

the fuck are you talking about?

oh yeah and your soul belongs to me now :kingtard:

--------------------
I don't believe in cops, bosses, or politicians. Some call that anarchism. I call it having a fucking heart that beats.

Edited by igwna (01/29/09 01:18 AM)

OfflineBigLaughingJim
Stranger
Re: Religion and extraterrestrial beings [Re: blewmeanie]
    #9698369 - 01/29/09 02:27 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

"God is everything," is a tough nut for most people to wrap their brains around.  The fact it is difficult for us to grasp makes it no less true.  The problem with calling this idea "pantheism" is that it can lead to the false assumption that believers in this concept, therefore, believe only in multiple gods. (Unity Consciousness is a much better concept than pantheism.)

"Many gods" is false because there is but one God, a God who can and does manifest on our physical plane in a multitude of forms (and in the Spirit plane in a multitude of deities).  The Duality is the "maya"--the illusion that we (every living being and every non-living entity) ever have been, are, or will be apart or separate from God.--Consciousness is one.  Being is One!

Why is it such a great leap to conceive it?--Especially when many "monotheists" will readily admit that God is 'omniscient' and 'omnipresent.'  "God knows of each bird that falls"  "One in the Spirit."  God know of each bird because God IS each bird.  Maybe accepting the idea that we all are divine (ie., GOD) would put too much guilt upon those who are not brave enough to accept the repsonsibility of their own actions.  That is, to accept that we are divine might mean we now must behave accordingly.

To accept the Duality as real is like the dreamer who accepts the dream as real,  ie., he believes only in the dream world as he doesn't know he is sleeping.  Unity Conscioiusness is like when the dreamer realizes, suddenly, while still dreaming that he is actually asleep and experiencing a dream.  He then knows that when the 'dream' is over (in death or upon enlightenment) he will awake to his true state of Being, Self Realization.

OfflineBigLaughingJim
Stranger
Re: Religion and extraterrestrial beings [Re: BigLaughingJim]
    #9698378 - 01/29/09 02:31 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

I like to think of them (our bodies) more like a set of clothes rather than prisons.  When they wear out (death) we just get a new set (reincarnate).  Peace, brother.

OfflineVisionary Tools
Male User Gallery

Re: Religion and extraterrestial beings [Re: Ego Death]
    #9698744 - 01/29/09 06:55 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Ego Death said:
The pope (was it the pope or some other famous religious figure?) said recently that he accepts ET beings and they are part of god or something like that...

Most religions tend to adapt to new concepts.  The bible itself has been re-written many times to fit new ideas and have unacceptable old ideas removed.

Personally I'm not religious, I don't expect another man or old book written by man to be able to tell me the answers to the universe.  I'm not even evolved enough to comprehend them!

It was the vatican's chief astronomer.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/7399661.stm

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order