Home | Community | Message Board

Everything Mushrooms
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Amazon Salvia

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinewrestler_az
PsiLLy BiLLy
Male User Gallery

Loc: day dreams of a mad man
to those of you "scared" to try dmt
    #9697041 - 01/28/09 11:24 PM (12 years, 29 days ago)

why?

well, i understand why i guess... but i dont fully get it. i mean, it can be quite the earth shattering experience. ill give you that much. and i guess when trying something new, especially as far as psychedelic drugs are concerned, a little nervousness and/or fear may come into play.  but honestly, there is no real reason to be scared.

often times in threads on the subject i read posts like...

"i have some dmt laying around, but im too scared to try it. the last time i smoked salvia, blah blah blah..."

im not sure why a lot of people automatically turn to salvia when imagining how a dmt trip might go... but let me clear it up for you. dmt is NOTHING like salvia. well, i guess there are a couple similarities. the first being an immediate plunge into an unknown land, and the second being a trip quite a bit shorter in duration than your "typical" psychedelics. but that is it as far as the similarities. i would compare dmt closer to being inserted straight into the peak of an acid trip, than to anything dealing with salvia. but even thats not quite right. truth is, you just gotta try it yourself.

id also like to add that with dmt (im talking smoked dmt by the way) the trip is way too short to have a "bad" trip. you are up and back down so fast you barely have enough time to remember half the shit you saw, let alone freak out on it. and even if by some chance you do have a bad trip, knowing it will all be over in a matter of a few minutes should be a bit comforting. in all the times ive smoked it, the only negative experiences were instances where i didnt quite get enough to break through. kinda stuck in limbo with a funny feeling, one foot in the water so to speak. and even thats not "bad", just a bit uncomfortable. more disappointing than bad really.

dmt is a different experience than with shrooms and acid and the like. and being so different, the same rules as far as preparation dont really apply. what im trying to say here is, a lot of people understandably go into a trip with a certain amount of mental/physical preparation. im not saying theres no preparation, im just saying the prep is different, and a little more laxed in certain respects. a trip sitter is always handy, not so much youll need help with the trip itself... but at that point of lift off its nice to have a sober set of hands to hand the pipe and lighter to. youll want to set your self up some where comfy, a bed, couch, recliner, etc... but thats about as far as i got with the prep. i dont think theres really much need as far as the mental aspect. not as much as with the others anyway. for instance... its not likely that during your dmt trip youll get hung up on an argument you had with your girlfriend, or start freaking out about the weird little things that may have upset you earlier in the day. its not that kind of trip.

basically what im saying here is, if you are interested in trying it and have the means to do so... man up and do it, what are you waiting for? why are you scared? it is truly the most unique and amazing experiences ive ever had on any substance. visually its STUNNING. if visuals are your thing, this is your drug. mentally, it is surprisingly easy on the ego. you may find yourself in a completely alien universe, complete with sentient beings eagerly trying to communicate with you... but with that being said you will still have a bit of a head on your shoulders about it. kinda hard to explain but its true.

keep in mind this is all from my experiences with the drug. and different people do tend to react differently to drugs. but from my first hand experiences with the drug, and second hand watching others do it, im fairly confident in what ive said here. if anyone feels differently, or has something to add by all means do so. it seems to me that a lot of people who have never tried it are reading way too much into the intensity factor of the drug. it is quite intense, but in a different way than you are used to. dont be scared, just strap yourself in and hang on for a wild ride!

that is all.

:rocket:

--------------------
how's your WOW?

Edited by yageman (04/20/06 4:20 PM) 

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineXDeleeriousX
Stranger
Male

Loc: Maarrrsss Duuude
Re: to those of you "scared" to try dmt [Re: wrestler_az]
    #9697085 - 01/28/09 11:31 PM (12 years, 29 days ago)

only thing that bugged me about salvia was the feeling of a hot metal rod being shoved down my throat and through my chest.. but besides that being in an alien universe is an experience that everyone should try..alot can be learned...but anyway..i would love to try that shit if i knew where to even begin lookin for it

--------------------

Offlinepsilyguy
 User Gallery

Re: to those of you "scared" to try dmt [Re: XDeleeriousX]
    #9697130 - 01/28/09 11:39 PM (12 years, 29 days ago)

i think the torture effects are pretty unique to salvia.
a lot of people seem to really be freaked out about it. i haven't tried it yet, and i was a bit scared, but not enough i wasn't gonna do it. unfortunately cops came to my door with a warrant an hour before i was gonna pick it up. (excuses maybe haha but true). but anyway i look forward to the day i can experience this unique chemical, it should be exciting :smile:

OfflineRocker232
Stranger

Re: to those of you "scared" to try dmt [Re: psilyguy]
    #9697535 - 01/29/09 12:37 AM (12 years, 29 days ago)

Yeah I fully agree. I have never tried DMT, but if it were a possibility I have no doubt that I would be entirely eager to try it. The psychedelic stage can be an intense one, but its always one that you can take something out of. I have no problem being thrown into hell if it teaches me how hot the fire is.

--------------------
With Allure I Look to the Sky With Awakened Eyes

InvisibleSophistic Radiance
Free sVs!
Female

Loc: Center of the Universe
    #9697583 - 01/29/09 12:44 AM (12 years, 29 days ago)

I have some gummy after-birth DMT lying around. Which is quite potent. I don't plan to smoke it for a good while. I don't think I'd be able to let go of myself if I hit the hyperspatial barrier at this particular moment.

I don't think DMT should be treated any less gingerly than mushrooms and LSD. True, any bad trip on it is going to end rapidly, but the peak effects of an appreciable dose subjectively feel like forever, and can be VERY unpleasant for the careless explorer.

I had that same gung-ho attitude about DMT... I mean, on paper, it seems so damn safe, no matter what happens. And it led me to once smoke some after eight PBR's. Stupid, yes. And I got my ass handed to me for it with several minutes of mindshattering pain. It was unpleasant on levels that I cannot describe. I felt fine once I came down, but it is not an experience I'd care to repeat.

My only point is that caution is warranted with any psychedelic, especially one as crazy-powerful as DMT, regardless of timeframe.

Don't underestimate DMT's capacity to make you feel like shit.

--------------------
Enlil said:
You really are the worst kind of person.

Edited by Tchan909 (01/29/09 12:47 AM)

OfflineDroneLore
what is knowing?

Re: to those of you "scared" to try dmt [Re: Sophistic Radiance]
    #9697601 - 01/29/09 12:48 AM (12 years, 29 days ago)

I was scared of DMT when the only experience I had with hallucinogens was Salvia. I am no longer afraid.

Edited by DroneLore (01/29/09 01:22 AM)

Offlinepsilyguy
 User Gallery

Re: to those of you "scared" to try dmt [Re: DroneLore]
    #9698121 - 01/29/09 02:47 AM (12 years, 29 days ago)

shit ill always be afraid even after i make it my bitch :eek:

Offlinefltdriver82
Naked and offensive
Male User Gallery

Loc: On a trip
Re: to those of you "scared" to try dmt [Re: psilyguy]
    #9698171 - 01/29/09 03:01 AM (12 years, 29 days ago)

If your scared of your demons they will chase you forever. The only way to stop them from chasing you is to quit running, turn around, and accept them for what they are.

--------------------
The Fourth Amendment gives every American the right to refuse any search without a warrant.

Say hello to my friend, his name is George.
Every other ? you have is answered here

:mushroom2:In soviet russia, mushroom trips on you

Offlinedrummerdude49
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: stockton, CA
Re: to those of you "scared" to try dmt [Re: fltdriver82]
    #9698234 - 01/29/09 03:20 AM (12 years, 29 days ago)

Thanks man. I needed this. I have about 40 mg left of perfectly extracted dmt, barely any burn, not harsh at all. I basically just have to let go and I do want to breakthrough. Last time I got in that half in half out limbo stage and it wasn't the greatest experience. I am determined to breakthrough next time no matter what. Any tips of making sure I get there?

Offlineigwna
The Cap'n
Male

Loc: New England, USA
    #9698243 - 01/29/09 03:26 AM (12 years, 29 days ago)

send me some dmt plz

--------------------
I don't believe in cops, bosses, or politicians. Some call that anarchism. I call it having a fucking heart that beats.

Offline12468
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #9699203 - 01/29/09 11:58 AM (12 years, 29 days ago)

wrestler_az you get +5 for this thread

InvisibleRobMarley420
LSD Enthusiast
Male User Gallery

Loc: Mushroom Mountain
    #9699286 - 01/29/09 12:19 PM (12 years, 29 days ago)

My last DMT trip was some what 'scarry' and kind of has me 'scared' to do it again. But I know I'll be smoking it again sometime in the near future.

The only 'scary' thing about the trip was intensity of it. I wasn't prepared for it, I smoked alot more than I expected. It caught me off gaurd.

--------------------

OfflineFunkyPolak
Stranger

Re: to those of you "scared" to try dmt [Re: RobMarley420]
    #9699319 - 01/29/09 12:28 PM (12 years, 29 days ago)

Got me 150gms Mimosa coming by courier some time in the next few days. Boy have I waited for this. Can't say I'm afraid of a bad trip, just the idea of being changed afterwords(how will I view life/god)

Offlineheroinhero115
Stranger

Re: to those of you "scared" to try dmt [Re: FunkyPolak]
    #9699432 - 01/29/09 12:59 PM (12 years, 29 days ago)

you have no idea how badly i wanna try it. but i can't find it :frown:
i don't get how so many people get access to such a rare drug

InvisibleSalomon
ಠ︵ಠ balance ಠ_ಠ weaver ಠ‿ಠ
Male

Loc: America, FUCK YEAH Flag
Re: to those of you "scared" to try dmt [Re: heroinhero115]
    #9699567 - 01/29/09 01:30 PM (12 years, 29 days ago)

--------------------
EVERYTHING EVENTUALLY BECOMES A DESERT

Edited by Salomon (03/03/14 01:43 AM)

Offlinepsilyguy
 User Gallery

Re: to those of you "scared" to try dmt [Re: fltdriver82]
    #9700807 - 01/29/09 06:09 PM (12 years, 29 days ago)

Quote:

fltdriver82 said:
If your scared of your demons they will chase you forever. The only way to stop them from chasing you is to quit running, turn around, and accept them for what they are.

accepting them doesn't mean you can't be scared, being scared makes things exciting! :runaway:

Offlineskatealex2
////////////////
 User Gallery

Re: to those of you "scared" to try dmt [Re: igwna]
    #9700945 - 01/29/09 06:37 PM (12 years, 28 days ago)

Quote:

theMERRYiguana said:
send me some dmt plz

I would love to try a small dose of DMT, I think that could be very interesting, but a full DMT trip, no way!! 2 hits of acid was insane enough for me last summer

OfflineDNBplus
true stoner

Re: to those of you "scared" to try dmt [Re: skatealex2]
    #9701160 - 01/29/09 07:29 PM (12 years, 28 days ago)

IMO when in hyperspace you lose all relation to time.So what I am trying to say is that if you start to wig on a 5 min MT trip,those 5 min coul seem like 10 years

OfflineNature Boy
Stranger than most
Male User Gallery

Loc: Samsara
    #9701259 - 01/29/09 07:50 PM (12 years, 28 days ago)

wrestler_az:

Yeah, that pretty much sums it up.  Very visual, bit of a body load, hardly any "mindfuck", over in 5 minutes, completely baseline in 10 - 12.

I like to describe the body load as feeling very similar to immediately after good, vigorous sex.  A bit breathless, fast heart rate, a bit shaky, wanting to just lay there until your fully recovered, feeling of "WOW" - that was awesome.

A short while later you're thinkin' "Lets do that again (when I'm ready!)"  :lol:

N.B.

--------------------
All submitted posts under this user name are works of pure fiction or outright lies.  Any information, statement, or assertion contained therein should be considered pure unadulterated bullshit.  Note well:  Sorry, but I do not answer PM's unless you are a long-time trusted friend.  If you have a question, ask it in the appropriate thread.

InvisibleSophistic Radiance
Free sVs!
Female

Loc: Center of the Universe
Re: to those of you "scared" to try dmt [Re: Nature Boy]
    #9701279 - 01/29/09 07:54 PM (12 years, 28 days ago)

I agree about the wonderful afterglow thing but IME the mindfuck is incredibly intense.

I guess everyone is different.

--------------------
Enlil said:
You really are the worst kind of person.

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Amazon Salvia

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience